Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just fyi guys - not sure if anyone noted this already.

I was at my local store and checked out the editions - the 3D edition with the lenticular slip has the same SKU as the steelbook.

So in my store, not sure if they are all stickered wrong, but it caused some confusion when I did my in-store pickup order - they set aside the lenticular slip and not the steelbook.

Yikes! You are right!

Got my copy but had to go to another store. Even though their system said they had 48! But couldn't find a single copy! Oh well the guy in front of me actually had the last copy and even offered it to me!!

I went to three different Best Buys this afternoon and only saw one copy, which had its rear cover caved in. I'm all for the US getting more SteelBooks, but if this is how future releases are going to be, then I'd rather just order from Amazon Germany, UK, etc.

Worst of all, the SteelBook isn't even listed as a separate item in their system or on the website, so there is no way of checking which stores have any left, or ordering online.

Ugh.

EDIT: I'm actually a little chuffed at the situation. There are three more Best Buys within t 15 to 20 minute drive of where I'm at, but there no way to tell online what the stock levels are, so its a total gamble. At this rate I'd probably save money by not driving around and just order the Korean version or something.

Last edited:
just got home and thanks to my lovely wife, i got 3 Mint steels(1 for me and 2 for another member)!!!! good thing i taught her well in looking for dent/scratches and other abnormalities. :)

Reactions: jbsolo

I was at my local store and checked out the editions - the 3D edition with the lenticular slip has the same SKU as the steelbook.

So in my store, not sure if they are all stickered wrong, but it caused some confusion when I did my in-store pickup order - they set aside the lenticular slip and not the steelbook.

Boy, you really gonna make me go back out again to go the Best Buy at 8:23pm EST? LOL, since I have no idea if I am getting a bunch of Lenticulars in the mail, I better go check, before I, as one of Kate's biggest fracken fans end up with no Steelbook myself! :hilarious:

Boy, you really gonna make me go back out again to go the Best Buy at 8:23pm EST? LOL, since I have no idea if I am getting a bunch of Lenticulars in the mail, I better go check, before I, as one of Kate's biggest fracken fans end up with no Steelbook myself! :hilarious:

Ya its such a weird release, In fact, at the stores I visited each of the price cards on the displays were hand written! There is literally no way to track it as a SteelBook, AFAIK.

I told you all that yesterday. You were all forwarned :twisted:

ML, yeah, this situation stunk, for sure. According to the first pic we all saw the '212' sku belonged to the Steelbook (OP). Sometimes they have no time to program another sku (I've seen it happen before), so since this Steelbook seems to have been shuffled in at the last minute into inventory at the store level, they must have been forced to assign the same one-at least at some stores. I am sure there were a lot of pissed people doing store pick ups because of it. My store I just went to, had the same sku for Lenticular and Steel versions. I'll probably have copies to return when they all show up in the mail as as Lents, LOL. Thanks again apsmith21 for the FYI! But, Kate is in her stand and her baby blues are in the house :scat:

Last edited:
ML, yeah, this situation stunk, for sure. According to the first pic we all saw the '212' sku belonged to the Steelbook (OP). Sometimes they have no time to program another sku (I've seen it happen before), so since this Steelbook seems to have been shuffled in at the last minute into inventory at the store level, they must have been forced to assign the same one-at least at some stores. I am sure there were a lot of pissed people doing store pick ups because of it. My store I just went to, had the same sku for Lenticular and Steel versions. I'll probably have copies to return when they all show up in the mail as as Lents, LOL. Thanks again apsmith21 for the FYI! But, Kate is in her stand and her baby blues are in the house :scat:

I work in publishing and when we create a book it gets its own ISBN so I understand the SKU business.

As to people being upset about not getting the steels, the only people who would be upset are those into steelbooks as this was not advertised this was just a nice bonus for people walking into the store.

But I digress I have the first two of these movies on DVD and I enjoyed them. I skipped RotL and did not see this in the theaters so this was a blind buy for me (and I now own 3 :hilarious:). Hoping I enjoy this one. I'm also thinking of picking up the Blu-ray set! :oohyeah:

I really gotta say how AWESOME it was being able to walk into Best Buy today and buying these babies! Here in the U.S we really don't get to experience that too often. I gotta give props to Sony and Best Buy for making this happen. I wasn't even going to buy EITHER of these releases but I HAD to, to show support for our community!

picture.php

Reactions: tono06 and ash333
Hey ML-yep, I work for one of the largest distributors in the world, and it's crazy how often skus etc are assigned late depending on situation (and the mixups that occurs at the retailers for a whole other set of reasons). Definitely only the Steelbook collectors affected, but as we all know, it's those 'collectors' that are the craziest (ehem), so no doubt there was much racing around, angry phone calls, happening from store to store today. And many returns for those that bought online based on initial sku info available. Glad you got yours ML- I can't wait to re-watch-so much kick ass action in this one! :scat: And hopefully some of our other members will also help those who found dented or no copies in stores. BB has 100's of stores so with the apparent shared run, Steel fans needed help today:) If I was helping you, you've already received a PM.

I went to a second Best Buy after work tonight and they were sold out of the Steelbook version too. Looks like this one went fast. They had about 10 Ghost Riders though. But I passed on those.

005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree tono06. BTW, Thanks for the pix UrbeenJ! Wow, went back to BB earlier tonite to see if I could find some extras for fellow members but all were snatched up! Will definitely be a tough cookie to find in next few days. Feel lucky if you've got yours already. I'm glad I have mine...just wondering if I should open or wait :D Really want to see it tonite! lol

I just finished watching. Why do they keep insisting to put Kate Beckinsale in movies, she can't act her way out of a paper bag. The best part of this was the credits rolling. Just kidding DB. Your girl kicks ass in this movie. This movie ROCKS.