Vote-Oscar race 2015-Best Visual Effects-what film should win?

What film should win the Oscar for 'Best Visual Effects'?

• X-Men: Days of Future Past

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Interstellar

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Captain America : The Winter Soldier

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
The Oscars are February 22,2015.
Join us here and vote for and chat about your favorite films!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Dan DeLeeuw, Russell Earl, Bryan Grill and Dan Sudick

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Joe Letteri, Dan Lemmon, Daniel Barrett and Erik Winquist

Guardians of the Galaxy
Stephane Ceretti, Nicolas Aithadi, Jonathan Fawkner and Paul Corbould

Interstellar
Paul Franklin, Andrew Lockley, Ian Hunter and Scott Fisher

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Richard Stammers, Lou Pecora, Tim Crosbie and Cameron Waldbauer

visual-dawn.jpg
visual-guardians.jpg
visual-interstellar.jpg
visual-x.jpg
visual-cap.jpg

Attachments

• visual.JPG
    visual.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,062
Last edited:
I thought the CGI in that last Hobbit movie was a bit ropey at times. Particularly some of the Legolas fight sequences.
It wasn't the best, but I think it deserved a nomination more than Winter Soldier (a movie that I also loved quite a bit, by the way). And based on how the visual effects society voted, I thought it would get in.

It wasn't the best, but I think it deserved a nomination more than Winter Soldier (a movie that I also loved quite a bit, by the way). And based on how the visual effects society voted, I thought it would get in.

I have to admit, I've only seen Winter Soldier just the once, and can't remember any major effects segments. I guess Five Armies is still fresh in my mind as I only viewed it a few weeks ago.

DAWN of the APES.
Hands down.
This was the best CGI in any movie I have ever seen. I remember walking out of the theater thinking "This is the first time where the CGI was better then any practical effects".
My wife even asked me during the film "Are they using real apes? or is that CGI?" She couldn't tell!!!

While the other nominees are all great, and deserving. Apes wins it for me.

The universe built for GOTG deserves a nod IMO. Same thing for Interstellar. Absolutely brilliant!

It's a close call for me between these two.

Each phenomenal in its own right.

I really liked the visuals in GOTG, but I just saw Dawn and it was really engrossing. I was surprised how much I liked it, but I did. The effects were pretty spot on.

I'm yet to see Interstellar, but the Apes CGI was incredible, so I've voted for that... wish I liked the film as much as I did the CGI though.

Reactions: bloodsnake007
DAWN of the APES.
Hands down.
This was the best CGI in any movie I have ever seen. I remember walking out of the theater thinking "This is the first time where the CGI was better then any practical effects".
My wife even asked me during the film "Are they using real apes? or is that CGI?" She couldn't tell!!!

While the other nominees are all great, and deserving. Apes wins it for me.
HANDS DOWN Indeed!!! :woot: @kaw And your wife is hilarious! LOL! :hilarious: That's EPIC! :LOL:
All great FX movies, but Apes takes my vote! Serkis should get a nod for all his work too!
@Drum18 I completely agree! :thumbs: Gollum, King Kong, Caesar... this man deserves and has earned one! :thumbs: A Special Achievement Award for Motion Capture would be awesome! :cool:
I'm shocked that Godzilla never received a nom. I'll have to go with Apes. GotG would be a close second. Rocket and Groot looked amazing, but Apes looked real.
@tridon I'm also completely shocked to see that Godzilla did not get nominated! :mad: :( But even if it did, my vote would of still have gone to DAWN! :drool: Definitely one of the greatest films... EVER! :notworthy: I hope and pray that it wins! :thumbs:

DAWN.jpg

Reactions: tridon
For me it has to be Dawn of the planet of the apes everything was great about this movie absolutely loved it...