Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got mine..and I really like the art work..think it's mint..gonna have a proper look in a minute :)

Just checked it properly and it's got a couple of deep scratches on the back.. not paying £25 for it..I mainly bought it for the back art so I'm gonna send it back for a replacement

Last edited:
Got mine today and I really wasn't fond of the front art but now that I have it in hand I actually think it works well.
Much better than the Incredibles snafu but not as good as Bugs Life.

Looks decent enough to me. Waiting for it come back in stock at normal price. Will be a placeholder until i can get my bb/fs steel back.

there are some very bland and boring steelbooks, yes, but at least they adhere to common composition rules lol

having a vertical line smack bang down the centre just doesnt work. its horrible and awkward. the only time i have ever seen that composition work is with Scarface
scarface_poster.jpg
which works because its graphic and bold.

this wall- e however, is just a mess. it would have worked if the colours were at least complimentary, its hardly a Barnett Newman
canto-xll-1964.jpg

Last edited:

I don't get it when it is suggested that the examples quoted are considered to have better artwork than this abomination - in fact I've just looked through a number of my 698 UK steelbooks,steelpacks and tins (with particular attention to the examples quoted) and can find no other steelbook going back to the beginning of UK steelbooks that comes any where near being as poorly executed as this one!

In fact all the examples mentioned as" better", though basic and lazy, are not meant to be premium products like this one and were consequently priced accordingly and what's more they were not offensive like this one - I find those with just the title like "The Rock", "The Godfather Trilogy" etc. or those with minimal designs like "Die Hard", "Armageddon" etc. appropriate and not unpleasant in any way and certainly don't consider them inferior to this like some other contributors.

I'd like to know if those people running down "The Rock" and all the others in favour of this one actually have this one in hand.

I'd also like to add how disappointed I am in how shabbily we have been treated here in the UK regarding the releases of this modern classic in that there's not even an example available with a nice slipcover especially when you consider all the crappy films that are given slipcovers - embossed, lenticular, glossy or whatever...

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
mother*******! I can't believe the assclowns actually gave this the standard embossed boarder.

I think that the idea of having an "embossed" border is to give the impression of a quality product in the same way as a bevelled edge does to a mirror.

As far as I'm concerned all the embossing or debossing in the world wouldn't have made a scrap of difference to the artwork of this product.

As the sayings go: you can't polish a turd or make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

They could have embossed this and made it damn nice. Just emboss the boarder inside the yellow and leave the part with the logo and Wall-E's hand raised. Could also have debossed The black area of Eva's eye screen. Would have been MUCH better than the shite they gave us. This is a quick mockup but you get the idea.

iMsILO.jpg

Last edited:
this seems like a marmite steel either you love it or hate and with no middle ground.

personally i didn't like it from the mock up and thought it would be bad and tbh so glad i let it pass. :D

anyway to those that love it enjoy :thumbs:

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
I like the artwork don't know why there is so much hate for it. It's a nice looking steelbook. There is certainly a lot worse out there

I actually like this steel . It will go well with my growing wall e collection... I realise there is only two but I am getting the blue and edition to . I like it
uploadfromtaptalk1432372850634.jpg