Purchase link: Wall-E
Retro Zbox & Wall-e bundle
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

WALLE.jpg

walle2.jpg walle3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom one I made with reflective sparkles in the stars . I got annoyed with not being able to get a wall e blufans so I thought how difficult can it be to make a steel ...... turns out fairly difficult lol
Any chance you could post some more pictures of your custom one or direct us to somewhere that there are pictures already??

Received this today. High quality gloss finish and very striking gold /yellow colour. Embossing border notwithstanding I think this is really nice!
View attachment 162018 View attachment 162019
Wow. That really isn't that bad you know. Especially the back, very nice with the high gloss finish.

I have to say I think I prefer this to the Blufans steelbook (excluding the slipcover), just because of the nice glossy finish. However, if they hadn't put in that monstrosity of a block on the front right it could have been so much nicer!

Last edited:
Why did they go with the standard debossed border :/ Other then that it looks good though.
Ahwell. I canceled but im not sad about it anyway :p

I can feel a lot of Ninjas silently resenting me for saying I prefer this to Blufans... I apologise!
You need to go and have a lie down. I know it's pretty hot over here today, so I'll put your comment down to sun stroke or something :p

I'm joking. The BF is a bit underwhelming without any gloss.
Received this today. High quality gloss finish and very striking gold /yellow colour. Embossing border notwithstanding I think this is really nice!
Y'know, it doesn't actually look as bad as I thought it would. I rage-cancelled mine awhile ago and immediately turned around and bought a BF one off eBay. Looking at it now I probably could've kept my Zavvi and lived without the BF. Ahh well, live and learn. Still happy with what I've got :)

Reactions: StifflersDad
You need to go and have a lie down. I know it's pretty hot over here today, so I'll put your comment down to sun stroke or something :p

I'm joking. The BF is a bit underwhelming without any gloss.

Y'know, it doesn't actually look as bad as I thought it would. I rage-cancelled mine awhile ago and immediately turned around and bought a BF one off eBay. Looking at it now I probably could've kept my Zavvi and lived without the BF. Ahh well, live and learn. Still happy with what I've got :)
Haha, I appreciate the thought C.D!! That's what I mean though, without the gloss it was very boring with Wall-E just in the corner on the front and nothing on the back. But if you include the slipcase it wins hands down!

Reactions: Ultron96
Mine arrived today. Not massively impressed- it's just ok.

I was a numpty and for some reason placed 2 orders, so if anyone wants one for cost plus postage, let me know

Regarding WALL.E steelbooks from abroad - I've seen pictures of four others and I do like the look of the silver U.S. and Canada versions a lot. Not sure about the ochre German. The Blufans looks to be a beauty with the blue colour and the simple image but this unfortunately has Chinese print on the slipcover.

Regarding WALL.E steelbooks from abroad - I've seen pictures of four others and I do like the look of the silver U.S. and Canada versions a lot. Not sure about the ochre German. The Blufans looks to be a beauty with the blue colour and the simple image but this unfortunately has Chinese print on the slipcover.
The German edition has writing on the back unfortunately. The Future Shop/Best Buy one is lovely imo, I would get that if you can afford it. Also the Blufans one is definitely worth getting for the lenti alone, it is very well done.

Reactions: virkia
Thanks for the Photos
This looks fantastic to me from those photos
It a Gloss Finish :thumbs: that gets a big thumbs up from me

I have the Blufans Steelbook
At the moment going by the Photos of the Zavvi steelbook its better than the Blufans steelbook
The matte finish as in paint quality of the Blufans is poor its washed out and needed to be a full gloss finish and better quality image used
The Blufans artwork yes is better but not the finish quality or image quality
The Blufans Lenti Slip yes is amazing but when I'm comparing its just the steelbook itself that counts and not any Slip or extras

I will post comparison photos myself when I get delivery of the Zavvi Wall-e

The Blufans lovers will not like this post :LOL:

I'm been honest as I have the Blufans Steelbook

I'm looking forward to getting delivery of the Zavvi Wall-e Steelbook
Its a Gloss Finish
Its 2 Discs
I just hope it arrives in mint condition

Reactions: gaeljet
Mine arrived this morning.

I didn't understand the hate when it was first shown, and I understand any negativity even less now - in hand it is really very nice -
Title is nicely embossed, the colours are rich, and on the (much hated) right is particularly vibrant, and when you look at it properly, it works - it's not the 'ugly block' people keep talking about. :)

It really is something to shout about - unlike some very ordinary recent releases which have been heralded, the rival Blufans version of Wall E and the HDz Private Ryan for just two.
I know the fanboys of those will hate this, but its true -
And love 'em and hate 'em as many of us do by turns, but Zavvi (with Disney) have come good again here.

I like it. :thumbs:

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate either... the majority of the comments in here got my hopes down, but after finally having this in hand I can say that I actually really like it! :drool:

However, I do agree that the embossing could have been better, but I'd rather the usual border than the random embossing Disney usually go for (although I think @Geek Tragedy's idea on the previous page would have worked pretty well). :thumbs:

A very nice steel overall, and I'm glad to finally have a steelbook for my favourite Pixar film. :D

i don't think it has been posted yet here,so here are a lot of pictures from sinthetic :)

i think that if you like the art and finish("brushed"+gloss) it's pretty well done

personnally i don't like the front art choiice and brushed aspect.

but the back art is very well chosen and nice to me, plus it doesn't seem to be brushed, or at least not as visible as it it is on the front(especially the golden part)

Sinthetic;10839123 said:

Last edited: