War for the Planet of the Apes (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Jul 13, 2016
United kingdom
Release date: November 27th , 2017
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
01-397956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I say .. . apart from "It goes ok with THE DARK TOWER steelbook colours" . . . as people say you can't have too many white steelbooks" (lol) with these two looking white to add to the upcoming KINGSMAN, GET OUT, PSYCHO and possibly MASTER & COMMANDER also looking white or whiteish.

Surprised at the choice - not at the choice of iconic Caesar image riding into battle - but at the treatment of said image :(

upload_2017-8-18_14-50-32.png
upload_2017-8-18_14-55-0.png
upload_2017-8-18_14-53-51.png

I was going to write with no spine title in the reveal looks like this'll be the International steel . . . but apparently the mock-up is inaccurate . . . and there will be a title on the spine :thumbs: unlike THE MARTIAN (HMV edition) for example . . . and although I never liked the mock-up I'm struggling to find much to like in this one either.

That said this fully loaded 3-disc release is perfect in every other way . . . including price :thumbs::happy:

The reveal reminding me of this famous gif:-
r62d9n.gif

I wonder if they are charged more for using a licensed image against using newly created artwork.

Are they high? No seriously are they fricking HIGH?

CANCELLED

Who on earth is making these appalling decisions?

Yet another one to add to the list of 'stunning mock up art replaced by banal vomit inducing Microsoft paint style art'.

Utterly vile. I'd rather buy the amaray.

Retailers should start leaving mock up art blank until they know what it will actually be... between this, Spider-Man Homecoming and Wonder Woman there have been some major disappointments recently.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Keeping the order because it's still great value, much prefer the placeholder as it's in keeping with the other's, if the other 2 had been re - released with this style of artwork then I'd get it a bit more, just like Zavvi's Ghostbusters 2016 matching the first two re-release's, but this will simply look odd against the other's...

If it weren't fully loaded, I would have cancelled...Fire the person who approved that artwork :wtf:
I don't know whether to keep just for the sake of it being fully loaded when the artwork is so shockingly sh!t. Same goes for Spiderman Homecoming although that's not quite as bad for me. Both mock-ups completely blow the original art IMO and is such a let down (n) Kinda knew a fully loaded steel with great price and awesome artwork was just too big an ask :(

What the hell? Please some one show me to the person who designed this so that I can show them what I think....
IMG_2143.GIF

Fed up with these crap looking steels of late. Poor artworks, poor finishing and poor pricing everywhere now it seems!! :vomit::banghead::banghead::angry:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Radagast and harry