War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 13) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: January 19, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - Box Set (Pre-order December 22 at 8 PM - HKT, UTC+8)
Price: $46.99 (Full Slip - Double Lenti) - $45.99 (Lenti) - $145.97 (Box Set)
Group buy: Hosted by Aniv Box Set - Double Lenti - Lenti - Full Slip

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
[ME#13] War For The Planet of The Apes Steelbook Pre-order Announcement - www.mantalab.comDear Customers,
Thanks for joining our Anniversary Sale and Giveway Event. We should have been more prepared for both but we are very sorry. The shipping has been delayed significantly compared to our normal status and we feel sorry about this as well. We will prepare better next year. Today, we are announcing our last pre-order of 2017. War For The Planet of The Apes is our 13th exclusive and first of the trilogy we are planning to finish in 2018. As we've announced, "Rise" is under design and we hope to introduce it soon. Please look below for more details.

1. Pre-order Date: 8PM, December 22nd, 2017 (HKT, GMT+8)
2. Release Date: January 19th, 2017
3. Print Run (2000 units for both Domestic and International)
(Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click)
*Full Slip(2D+4KUHD)($46.99): 200 Units
*Lenticular Full Slip(2D+3D)($45.99): 300 Units
*Double Lenticular Full Slip($46.99) : 300 Units
*One Click ($145.97): 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
4. Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing + Spot Foil
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: Fully Grained Black Faux Leatther Box with Red Foil Hot Stamping

Please check our website for more information on our website
www.mantalab.com
Thank you!
Best regards,
Manta Lab

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a few times to our local customs office, but this time I did not get the package with me.
Since it’s coming from Hong Kong they suspect it’s a forgery. What they are now going to do is contact a lawyer (so I have been told) and he’s verifying with the studio (Fox) if this is ligit.
If proven a forgery it will be destroyed.
They have not opened the box itself (I have not given permission) so they are going to take photos from the box.

@Aniv @cooey Any advice about this kind of situation?
Is there something I can present as prove?

The guy said (and I just quote) the company can be blacklisted. Maybe he just wants to scare me...I don’t know (it doesn’t actually).

I have been a few times to our local customs office, but this time I did not get the package with me.
Since it’s coming from Hong Kong they suspect it’s a forgery. What they are now going to do is contact a lawyer (so I have been told) and he’s verifying with the studio (Fox) if this is ligit.
They have not opened the box itself (I have not given permission) so they are going to take photos from the box.

Are you based in the UK? If yes, sounds like Iron Man KimchiDVD situation wherein the packages were eventually released after spending quality in their detention centre post intervention by KimchiDVD (the retailer).

@Aniv @cooey Any advice about this kind of situation?
Is there something I can present as prove?

The guy said (and I just quote) the company can be blacklisted. Maybe he just wants to scare me...I don’t know (it doesn’t actually).

They have full license and can send an email confirming the same. Please slap the individual at the customs office who said that on my behalf.

I had a similar issue with Novamedia Jungle Book and had to fax them documents to prove its not fake; Plus I asked them to release it immediately or send me legal notice if they were sure its fake, that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks,
Aniv

They have full license and can send an email confirming the same. Please slap the individual at the customs office who said that on my behalf.

I had a similar issue with Novamedia Jungle Book and had to fax them documents to prove its not fake; Plus I asked them to release it immediately or send me legal notice if they were sure its fake, that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks,
Aniv
What to do when they are convinced it’s fake?

What documents are you talking about?

@Aniv Today I got the letter from my customs office saying it’s marked as a forgery. I have now 2 options.
When I don’t object it will be destroyed within 10 days.
When I object they will start an official investigation. Is the result ok I can collect it. If it’s still marked as a forgery it will be destroyed and possible extra costs need to paid.

What’s your advice?

If you need the letter I can email you a copy. (it’s in German of course)

Last edited:
@Aniv Today I got the letter from my customs office saying it’s marked as a forgery. I have now 2 options.
When I object they will start an official investigation. Is the result ok I can collect it. If it’s still marked as a forgery it will be destroyed and possible extra costs need to paid.

What’s your advice?

Reply to them straight away by email and by registered letter you are objecting to stop them destroying and that you will provide documents to prove it's not a forgery

It's not a forgery or fake goods so you will be fine as long as you tell them your objecting

• Thanks
Reactions: rschiks
Reply to them straight away you are objecting to stop them destroying and that you will provide documents to prove it's not a forgery

It's not a forgery or fake goods so you will be fine as long as you tell them your objecting
I will object, sure, but what documents will suffice?
My paypal transaction, screenshots from the GB were not enough.

Send them what Aniv provided you with to date

Tell them if required more documents can be provided from Manta Labs if needed

The important part is you telling them you are objecting so you have time to provide any documents that might be required later

Send them what Aniv provided you with to date

Tell them if required more documents can be provided from Manta Labs if needed

The important part is you telling them you are objecting so you have time to provide any documents that might be required later
Tomorrow I will handover the signed objection document in person!
Thanks for your help :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Aniv and paulboland

What’s your advice?

Take option 2 and object. It's not a forgery.

Completely bizarre this is @rschiks, never known anyone to have their parcel sized by customs for counterfeit goods, especially for small parcels. Wasn’t like you ordered a bulk of them. Customs are really spending a lot of time to deal with your package when there’s so much bigger things to investigate over some silly box set...

Let’s just hope this isn’t a repeated occurrence. Otherwise you are better off paying a little extra in shipping all your premiums to a UK hub and then ship in bulk to you without any issues. Yes you are paying the extra shipping cost but peace of mind the very least. Shipping from UK to France/Germany very few problems, always runs smooth.

• Thanks
Reactions: rschiks

Rather than you provide evidence that it's not a counterfeit product why don't you ask them to provide evidence as to why they believe it is? ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Killi Zoltan
Nice thought but I don’t think it works like that.

Probably not but it bloody well should, someone has paid money for an item and based on who knows what the customs office is going to have said product destroyed? That kind of action should demand some form of explanation

• Thanks
Reactions: Killi Zoltan
Holy smokes, what a bizarre act! I hope you get it all sorted. @rschiks

I remember when I went to my local customs office to pick up my The Revenant OC (and pay the fees, of course :squint:). Out of the blue the officer asked whether this was a legitimate release at all. I was gobsmacked and only after a few seconds I answered "yes". He gave me a scrutinizing look, but eventually went ahead to fill out the forms. Only then I realized there might be problems importing movies from Asia, other than import fees. Luckily, customs never harrassed again, at least not regarding alleged counterfeits.