What's your Steelbook wishlist for 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
As we near the end of 2010, which movies should be released next year? With the home video window much shorter than it used to be (only a few months between theater and home, for most), the new releases won't necessary be known yet, but what about some older flicks?

Have fun!
DB

Last edited:
I would have loved to see a Steelbook for Black Swan. It did not win Best Picture, but it was nominated and Natalie won. It is visually and Psychologically complex, sexy and dark. Aranofsky's visuals could have made for a beautiful case for a Steelbook.

Yes, :( Fox doesn't like to do "special packaging", at least not in North America. I hope this changes in the future. I REALLY would love a Black Swan Steel;)

Some recent movies:
500 Days of Summer
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Nine
How to Train Your Dragon
True Grit
The Social Network

Looking through a list of American movies on Wikipedia though, it seems like companies are pretty good in choosing which films would make good steelbooks.

If this question has to be moved it's cool, I didn't know where to ask: any plans on "the green mile", "JFK", or "king kong" (1933) getting steel treatment?

If this question has to be moved it's cool, I didn't know where to ask: any plans on "the green mile", "JFK", or "king kong" (1933) getting steel treatment?

No plans as far as I know, but I'm with you on the Green Mile. I would like to see that get steelbook treatment, just don't know if it will happen this year.

True romance with the amazing transfer that is on the French blu ray, It amazes me how much better certain blu rays look in other countries, why can they not get it right for every release

Conan 3d
Goonies
Stand by Me
Stephen Kings IT
Edward Scissorhands
Training Day
Into the Wild
Garden State

1) mortal kombat - design wise just a large mk symbol embossed

2) Lilo and stitch
front cover, minus the *** writing :p
tumblr_leu6hjepf11qg26fgo1_500.jpg
back cover or alt front
600full-lilo-&-stitch-poster.jpg
image inside case this one
LiloAndStitchWallpaper2800.jpg

3) batman forever
front and back something like these
batmans.jpg

4) beauty and the beast,
yeah i know there is one already, but this would be better
Beauty-And-The-Beast-(Animated)-(Collector-s-Edition)-(DVD)-(Two-Discs)-(Wide-Screen).jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see some of the classics from the '30s and '40s get the SteelBook™ treatment. While Wizard Of Oz and Gone With The Wind are a good start, I also want:

Wings
King Kong
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
Maltese Falcon
It's A Wonderful Life

And, since we got Psycho how about ALL of Hitchcock's classics! :scat:

Status
Not open for further replies.