Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 9th, 2014
Purchase link:
Amazon.de
MediaMarkt

81GikvNndFL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this no title on the spine stuff is getting really annoying. i can just imagine me pulling steels out of the shelf for hours because i can't find the right one.

Reactions: snooloui
Yes it is. I however found a variation in views between this and Olympus has fallen. They both told the same story but from opposing political views. I enjoyed White House Down more because it had more depth to the story being told and a heck of an ending IMO.

No printed spine again?
Who the hell said to them that this is what people want?
I really wanted this but now....PASS

No printed spine again?
Who the hell said to them that this is what people want?
I really wanted this but now....PASS

Their wallet told them ;)

I can understand their position if this incite them to release more movies in steelbook. Turn a simple amaray into steelbook has a cost and if they decide to produce a massive worlwide release with no text on the spine due to different titles in each country in order to sell it at a fair price, it's understandable even if the price is not systematically fair :p

Reactions: IRON MAN
Wohoo, I like that! No title, no text on either the spine or the back, just a clean steelbook. I'm not sure I have seen something like this before?
It would be nicer if it was a whole artwork over the full steelbook because the back doesn't match the spine, but it's definitely cool and something I didn't expect.

Reactions: Ricker
Yes it is. I however found a variation in views between this and Olympus has fallen. They both told the same story but from opposing political views. I enjoyed White House Down more because it had more depth to the story being told and a heck of an ending IMO.

Same here :scat:

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Their wallet told them ;)

I can understand their position if this incite them to release more movies in steelbook. Turn a simple amaray into steelbook has a cost and if they decide to produce a massive worlwide release with no text on the spine due to different titles in each country in order to sell it at a fair price, it's understandable even if the price is not systematically fair :p

Makes sense.

Reactions: Kuzco
Wohoo, I like that! No title, no text on either the spine or the back, just a clean steelbook. I'm not sure I have seen something like this before?
It would be nicer if it was a whole artwork over the full steelbook because the back doesn't match the spine, but it's definitely cool and something I didn't expect.

So if this becomes more common and you have a whole bunch of spineless titles stacked on your shelf, how will you tell one from another?

When you have parts of the artwork on the spine I don't think it is too difficult to find the one you are looking for. And when you know you want to watch White House Down, I would suggest you start somewhat at the end of your collection ;)

When you have parts of the artwork on the spine I don't think it is too difficult to find the one you are looking for. And when you know you want to watch White House Down, I would suggest you start somewhat at the end of your collection ;)

You could with mine but have a look at 'how many steels do you own' thread, not that many are in order lol. And looking along my shelf, a lot of spines are just one plain colour, if they had no title (and you want one mid alphabet) you would be pulling one out after another to find what you are after. EEK!

This is identical to UK release except for jcard of course and at the moment cheaper on amazon.de than uk version esp if you order a few items and combine shipping for 3€ to UK.