Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Sainsbury's
Zavvi

Placeholder artwork:
81hXpCOUFHL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched this at the cinema yesterday. Thought it was great fun and quite a nice contrast to Olympus Has Fallen. Don't know if I'd pay full price for the steelie, but this is a film I want to own

On zavvi it says "white house down steelbook edition", it doesn't say its limited anywhere I can see, so does this mean that it will be availible for ages and drop in price like for example shaun of the dead that never seems to goes out of stock??
If anyone knows anything about this I would be greatful for any info cos I think I would cancel my pre order if there's no rush to buy it as I have so much on pre order already. :thumbs::D

On zavvi it says "white house down steelbook edition", it doesn't say its limited anywhere I can see, so does this mean that it will be availible for ages and drop in price like for example shaun of the dead that never seems to goes out of stock??
If anyone knows anything about this I would be greatful for any info cos I think I would cancel my pre order if there's no rush to buy it as I have so much on pre order already. :thumbs::D

The fact that it is a wide release suggests the print run will be pretty high. I think it's safe to wait for a price drop on this one. I wouldn't read too much into listings mentioning the word 'limited' though as it really doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of Steelbooks that are labelled as 'limited' but are still in stock months/years later.

Reactions: chunk
Brilliant, thanks for the info. I do want to see this film but I can rent it and buy the steelbook down the line sometime

A gentle reminder to rookies and veterans - please search for existing threads before posting new ones. If the search function is too much to handle, please use the upcoming release schedule whose link is in my sig line below.

Thank you for your cooperation and participation in keeping our forum and community top notch for the world wide group of collectors.

Reactions: IRON MAN
Hopefully this will come down if its a wider release as £20s quite steep. Olympus is ten times the better film but theres fun to be had here too. Got a preorder in but hopefully some more options will come up.

Price has gone down to £15.27 on Amazon
Also £18.49 at Base.com (on Play) and it is £18.98 at Zavvi Outlet (on Play)

Is this confirmed to not have the title printed on the spine? I'm tempted to order for £15.27 but the blank spine would drive me up the wall.

I havent heard of it not having a title on the spine, i thought it was only disney doing that on new releases :dunno: