Who Framed Roger Rabbit (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Jul 3, 2012
Release date: December 7, 2021
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $28.99

45EC863D-9A9A-4FFC-AC85-64477FAFA880.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is someone talking? All kinds of messages are hidden to me lol

But anyway, you put someone on your ignore list in 2017, tell them never to join another group buy again and thinking you forgot all about them (I did because, you know, 5 years)…they come back and buy some items after not doing so for years…

Send messages that I never see…

And then they get entitled because they paid $3 over cost and they got steelbooks far cheaper than what was selling on eBay merely a few weeks earlier…

Happy Friday?

But anyway, you put someone on your ignore list in 2017, tell them never to join another group buy again and thinking you forgot all about them (I did because, you know, 5 years)…they come back and buy some items after not doing so for years…

And then they get entitled because they paid $3 over cost and they got steelbooks far cheaper than what was selling on eBay merely a few weeks earlier…

Happy Friday?
And that explains the cross through your name everytime he PMs you LOL

My plus minus rule of thumb is this:
If the imperfection is only visible/distracting when holding the product close to the face but not visible/not distracting when you look at it at arm‘s distance then it‘s good enough to keep.

As an example a Full Slip of mine:
8EE4127D-81A6-4591-ABA9-6FCA190B4A57.jpeg

From up close the little indentation clearly visible.
4AED20B3-D410-4E94-8785-ECF131808B1F.jpeg

From a distance it‘s still visible but not enough to distract/ disturb me.

When collecting in general, I believe one has to be ready for small imperfections. It‘s very hard to always get perfectly mint things.

Happy Friday?
So, you put me on your ignore list in 2017? May I ask why? I see no reason for that. I also can't remember that you ever told me to never join another group buy again. What criminal act have I done? Just remember I bought a few Disney Target Digibooks from you back then and didn't complain about the condition (all was fine), just told you with the last buy to change the address since I moved and you didn't, so got it delivered to the wrong address (but managed to get in anyway at the end). That's all I complained about. If that's the only reason why you put me on your ignore list, wow...

Last edited:
If the imperfection is only visible/distracting when holding the product close to the face but not visible/not distracting when you look at it at arm‘s distance then it‘s good enough to keep.

View attachment 532753
View attachment 532754

When collecting in general, I believe one has to be ready for small imperfections. It‘s very hard to always get perfectly mint things.
Actually that's something I could also live with. But for me, there's a huge difference between this and a silver paint chip right at the corner of a shiny yellow Steelbook that distracts whenever you take a look at the Steelbook (arm's distance).

I’ve only been aware of you for a couple of hours and it’s pretty easy to understand why someone would put you on ignore.
I respect your opinion, Sir, but I don't care what you think of me. Just because I'm not actively posting on the forum (I know why I'm more of just a reader), does not mean I'm not a serious collector like everyone else here and that I don't know the stuff and Steelbook gamble I'm up to like everybody here. You don't know me in private and I don't know you, so all fine. I wasn't insulting any private person here, just complaining that my messages about how I care about the condition of the Steelbooks have been ignored and I don't know why. I agree, maybe my tone was a little too aggressive, I'm sorry about that. But ignoring for unknown and unexplained reasons is not the best behaviour also and a too easy thing to do in the internet. In normal life, people would at least explain their actions. If I had known that I was on his ignore list, I wouldn't have participated in the Group Buy at all. So, I don't know what I did wrong 5 years ago, honestly...Maybe @apsmith21 can explain me what the reason was back then? I really can't find any single PM from you telling me never to join a Group Buy again (and I still found all your PM's in my E-Mail archive).

You mean "such people" like me? To be honest, people like me keep the physical media industry in business since I've been collecting movies from all different countries and (boutique) labels for over 20 years already.

Yeah, obsessive, like you, about imperfections on a steelbook less, than the damage I'll cause any day, by accidentally banging it against the shelf, or dropping it.
I see you're 'proud' - I am too collecting for over 23 years, from all over the world, started buying imports in 2000, when Friends were on DVD only in Australia, Cameron's Dark Angel only in Japan, and some Asian movies uncut with English subs only in the UK and Korea. And I don't even live now anywhere near being considered civilized.
But the more I have, the less I care, or am upset about any one edition in particular. I know I'll die, before ever watching, or maybe even touching all of them again.
Steelbooks will get tiny scratches just on the shelf, or against each other, but I'm not about to go 'laboratory' nuts, and dress them all up in plastic 'condoms', like some do.

So to speak, people like me might tend to be extremely picky, but you can also argue that it normally comes with huge amounts of stuff that I buy each year and therefore keep the physical media alive while at the same time many used-to-be collectors from the early days switched over to streaming.

We don't talk about those traitors, they were never one of us then, real collectors.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

I've 'test-ignored' Horned King, to see how it looks - posts don't show up at all, and quoted content is hidden, but can be shown with a click. So I'll quote these for @apsmith21

So, you put me on your ignore list in 2017? May I ask why? I see no reason for that. I also can't remember that you ever told me to never join another group buy again. What criminal act have I done? Just remember I bought a few Disney Target Digibooks from you back then and didn't complain about the condition (all was fine), just told you with the last buy to change the address since I moved and you didn't, so got it delivered to the wrong address (but managed to get in anyway at the end). That's all I complained about. If that's the only reason why you put me on your ignore list, wow...

If I had known that I was on his ignore list, I wouldn't have participated in the Group Buy at all. So, I don't know what I did wrong 5 years ago, honestly...Maybe @apsmith21 can explain me what the reason was back then? I really can't find any single PM from you telling me never to join a Group Buy again (and I still found all your PM's in my E-Mail archive).

Well, I own hundreds of Steelbooks and thousands of movies/editions in my collection. According to your words, I got into the wrong hobby during the last 20 years, lol...
And I can only imagine how many of those were returned before you got a copies you were happy with... being super OCD about it just sounds too stressful to be considered a fun hobby IMO. Personally I would've moved on to collecting something else 19 years ago lol.

View attachment 532753
View attachment 532754

The majority of my Manta slips (only premiums i buy nowadays) have tiny imperfections like this, so yeah... pretty normal I'd say.

And I can only imagine how many of those were returned before you got a copies you were happy with... being super OCD about it just sounds too stressful to be considered a fun hobby IMO. Personally I would've moved on to collecting something else 19 years ago lol.
Probably not that many you'd imagine. ;) I'm OCD, but not super OCD and not in all cases. I've come to accept many imperfections in my collection (yet, collecting can still be stressful sometimes, yes), and it also has to be said that I didn't use to be that much of an perfectionist years ago. Don't know - maybe it comes with age that you get more fussy about those tiny bits? Especially when since Covid I have the feeling most retailers don't care about secure packaging anymore and I very often got damaged-in-transit stuff during those last few years...But above all, I'm a collector of movies in general and not just of premiums like you wrote in your other post. So, my collection does not only include premiums, also normal keepcases (if no premium available for a movie) and sometimes I even still buy DVDs when there is no Blu-ray out there. It happens all, especially when you collect all different kinds of movies (also arthouse and indie stuff, from many boutique labels like Eureka, Indicator and so on). I love premiums like from Manta/Filmarena/Plain Archive and so on, but I also don't mind buying "normal" stuff if no premium is in the air (especially not for movies that are no big blockbusters). So, not everything is stressful to collect...

Reactions: hatredhorror
Yeah, obsessive, like you, about imperfections on a steelbook less, than the damage I'll cause any day, by accidentally banging it against the shelf, or dropping it.
I see you're 'proud' - I am too collecting for over 23 years, from all over the world, started buying imports in 2000, when Friends were on DVD only in Australia, Cameron's Dark Angel only in Japan, and some Asian movies uncut with English subs only in the UK and Korea. And I don't even live now anywhere near being considered civilized.
But the more I have, the less I care, or am upset about any one edition in particular. I know I'll die, before ever watching, or maybe even touching all of them again.
Steelbooks will get tiny scratches just on the shelf, or against each other, but I'm not about to go 'laboratory' nuts, and dress them all up in plastic 'condoms', like some do.

We don't talk about those traitors, they were never one of us then, real collectors.

Joining Welcome Home GIF
Thanks for your polite and extensive reply, I see, communication on same eye level is possible. The fact with accidentally banging something against a shelf or dropping is true. Unfortunately. Also happened to me like 4-5 times in the last 2 years and that's the most annoying point about being a collector and having full shelfs: damaging something by yourself. Also in this case I think we all get older and clumsier. For Steelbooks, I indeed use protection "condoms" - but only for this kind of packaging. It would be insane to put the whole collection into them (Steelbooks is only a "small" part of it, after all).

Thanks also for making my questions visible to @apsmith21, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to bother answering them to me, leaving me in the rain. Pity...