Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled this and Sleepy Hollow. No more OK-buys for me. I missed out on the first UK release, copped the german Steelbook without embossing last year for 8 EUR at amazon and im good with it.

Reactions: chunk and davhyl
i thought people did not like this edition of roger rabbit steelbook yet has manged to sell out for now as we all no this does happen a few times before it does actually sell outView attachment 150484
Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Zavvi Exclusive Gold Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

£17.99

Save: £7.00

FREE UK Delivery on all orders

Sold Out

Availability: Sold out.
Release Date: 31 December 2015

I've never got Zavvi's 'Save x amount' when they initially list steelbooks (or any other products come to think of it)

This is a Zavvi exclusive, and to suggest that the RRP is, was, or ever will be, £24.99 is totally absurd...

RRP's are just marketing ploys, nothing more, it's just a tool for retailers to exploit in giving you so called 'Discounts' and playing mind tricks on the general public to give the impression you're getting a bargain. It worked...:D

This Anniversary Edition better be a belter, I wonder if it will have a printed slip with 'ZAVVI 2nd YEAR ANNIVERSARY LIMITED EDITION.'...or something. It better have something special about it (and not just the gold/yellow coloured front)

They should have got rid of the massive border. It would look so much better if the artwork filled the front, and the red logo was over the blue sky :(

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
Exactly! I never understood why this was voted the best SB. It has the worst border I've ever seen.

Totally agree. Yes the gloss finish is nice. Yes the Embossing is really good. The over all artwork design though is very poor IMHO. The boarder eats up way too much space that should belong to the original artwork. The giant 25th Anniversary pushing the title off center looks just awful. Don't get me wrong it is a really nice steelbook but it does not stand up against Kimchi's Tangled, Zavvi's Aladdin, Blufans Oz The Great and Powerful or even ES's Forbidden Planet.

Reactions: toonminator
^ I was about to say the same thing. April fools is bad luck after 12.00 pm