Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Be interesting to see the back art on this; After all, the original, with Roger Rabbit jumping out of the wall surely won't look too good if the bricks are coloured gold??
Also, would of been nicer to see the main image take up more of the cover. But other than that, I'm in!! One of my favourite films ever growing up, and missed out on it first time round...

Looks like the scalpers will be giving this a giant swerve, meaning expect a big price drop 1 month in (whatever that may be) when a large stockpile (whatever that may be) sit unsold.

Looks like the scalpers will be giving this a giant swerve, meaning expect a big price drop 1 month in (whatever that may be) when a large stockpile (whatever that may be) sit unsold.

What makes you think that? Nobody knows the price or print run. I also reckon the 'scalpers' will be all over this, i can't remember the last time a steelbook wasn't listed on ebay by various resellers (actually, I do, it was Frozen)

Well I wasn't expecting this! Not sure what to think.
So what is actually different with this apart from it being gold and different embossing! New features or something? Strange. I've just read through the thread so I know no one knows but I'm curious

Looking at the mock up again, it's a strange colour, not really gold. More of a p*ss colour. Not sure if I like it at all to be honest. It Will have to have different back art and inside art

In my own and very personal opinion Zavvi is in some way killing this hobby. Making excuses to re-launch an existing release. Obviously this is simply their business.... to sell and they're good. But, why they can't be more creative and release a different artwork? I don't have the "red" one and probably going to purchase this one...and keep waiting for their next platinum, titanium or even an adamantium? release. Well this is just me...:censored:

lets be honest- its a glorified reprint.

the first one was ok, not perfect. this one doesnt improve on it, at all. the image is lost in a massive border. 2 years have passed and it doesnt look any better. i think it would have benefited from a totally new artwork instead.

better yet, why not forget about steels that have already been done and release the steels that seem to be stuck in 'steelbook hell,' such as dead mans shoes and american psycho ?

Reactions: Hella
I think it's a good idea, but to make this release extra special Zavvi should create a Zavvi sticker, use numbering, have a print run of only 1002 copies or something, etc, to make this release stand out you need to add a few incentives besides the gold colour.

I actually wasn't around when the original red edition was on sale, I found out about Zavvi in June 2013 so I didn't miss any of their other releases (got Finding Nemo and Aladdin on their eBay outlet a few days before their release).

I bought the red Roger Rabbit steelbook unsealed for €36 from a Ninja here in September 2013 (not sure if I was ripped off or not, I was still a newbie in the steelboon world back then), so if I double dip hopefully Zavvi's asking price won't be above £14,99.

Last edited: