Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Gold Anniversary Edition)(Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 25th May 2015
Purchase: Zavvi.com
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!
As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.
The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!

front.jpg

back.jpg exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really for re-releases on steels but I missed out on the red one, and I have so far held out on buying the german release. Hopefully gold = 1000 print run.

The only question I have is if there will be any special markings on the steel itself for the anniversary or will there be a special slip made just for this release. This will more then likely cause some of those not interested in this to sway in the direction of buying it. It may also cause most to not open it for collectibility reasons... I may be one of those even though I started collecting the month after the original was released and still do not have it in my collection.

Zavvi's celebrating their second anniversary of steelbook releases!

As part of that celebration, they have created a new edition of Roger Rabbit, the steelbook that started it all.

The front will have "new embossing" not featured on the original, and debossing on the back. More details to come, on sale this Friday!View attachment 149178

When/where will this be available as there's nothing on Zavvi not even a description with a preorder button????

I cannot believe how negative people on here have become.

- They decide to re-release a title that is obviously in high demand judging by the second-hand market.

- They go for a slightly different look so it wouldn't be just a lazy re-release of the old version.

- They choose this title specifically because it's the first exclusive they did.

Yet somehow half of the posts in here are relentlessly trying to find something bad in this. Apparently if you give people an opportunity to own a nice release of a title they couldn't afford before due to high demand, it's a "cash grab". Apparently it is also somehow immoral because some had to pay a lot for the first release. Actually, it is unfair to everyone who owns the first release, just because. And apparently if you change the look of it you're dumb because some like the old one better. If you don't change it though you're evil. And of course everything you do is just wrong because you're zavvi.

This place is becoming unbearable... :(

I have absolutely no requirement to own two versions of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

And I don't see how releasing this again is a celebration of anything. Celebrate by doing something we've never seen before!

So in other words just keep it BAU? How is that special? This is commemorating Zavvi's breaking into the business of providing exclusive steelbooks. I think it is kinda charming that they are going back to the one that started it all. If it is not your cup of tea just don't buy it.

I cannot believe how negative people on here have become.

- They decide to re-release a title that is obviously in high demand judging by the second-hand market.

- They go for a slightly different look so it wouldn't be just a lazy re-release of the old version.

- They choose this title specifically because it's the first exclusive they did.

Yet somehow half of the posts in here are relentlessly trying to find something bad in this. Apparently if you give people an opportunity to own a nice release of a title they couldn't afford before due to high demand, it's a "cash grab". Apparently it is also somehow immoral because some had to pay a lot for the first release. Actually, it is unfair to everyone who owns the first release, just because. And apparently if you change the look of it you're dumb because some like the old one better. If you don't change it though you're evil. And of course everything you do is just wrong because you're zavvi.

This place is becoming unbearable... :(
So in other words just keep it BAU? How is that special? This is commemorating Zavvi's breaking into the business of providing exclusive steelbooks. I think it is kinda charming that they are going back to the one that started it all. If it is not your cup of tea just don't buy it.
PREACH!!!!

@Slinchafi totaly feeling you on this , people if you don't like it , don't buy it :rolleyes: pretty simple really .

But for the likes of myself I wasn't collecting steels when this was originally released so it's a more than welcome release by zavvi in my eyes .

But damn why so much hate on this , I bet if someone threw up a giveaway containing this 100% of you would be on it like a shot :whistle::hilarious:

Special as in doing something that Zavvi haven't done before. Some sort of steelbook innovation on a new title that would actually be something to celebrate. Even something like a nice slipbox might get me remotely excited. Instead they release something they've already done before but in a different colour.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
Special as in doing something that Zavvi haven't done before. Some sort of steelbook innovation on a new title that would actually be something to celebrate. Even something like a nice slipbox might get me remotely excited. Instead they release something they've already done before but in a different colour.

They are releasing steelbooks they never have done before all freakin' year already. How would one more make that at all special?

Slip covers are an Asian market thing. I don't think Zavvi has ever done one before and I doubt they ever will.

Last edited:
Reactions: justhedudeman
I heard they are working on a new feature for this one - a title with no spine! :p :confused: :sorry:

Fit right in with my Hunger Games Mockingjay 1 then .

I LOVE the movie no matter what .

One thing that no one has commented on is the fact that the LEGEND Bob Hoskins is no longer with us .

The Gold should be for his performance's not just in Roger Rabbit , The Long Good Friday ,Mona Lisa , Hook , Brazil to name a few .