[WINNER CHOSEN] 2 Pairs Of There Will Be Blood & Zatoichi (w/ HDN artcard) Steelbooks (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Winner 1: @kbr1656
Winner 2: @LucasEatWorld

Opens: 9AM EST Saturday
Closes: Noon EST Sunday
Donated By: @Wreck
Condition: New/Sealed
# of Winners: 2 via Random Number Generator

To enter this giveaway, please post 1) There Will Be Blood was loosely based on a novel. Do you prefer book to movie adaptations to follow the book as closely as possible or for the director to add their own "creative license" if it makes the movie better? and 2) What is your favourite film involving swordplay?

ENJOY NINJA WEEK AND GOOD LUCK

51KtbVbMLgL.jpg

zatoichi_large.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the give away.

1. I'm not really into books so I guess I like the director to go his own way with movies from books.
2.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Leo with his swords)

I think it the director is capable of making changes for the better than he can you his artistic merit
As for sword play its the lone wolf and cub movie series

thank you so much

1) I guess it depends on the movie and what changes they are making. In the Harry Potter series, there were a lot of changes I felt enhanced the story. However, some of the changes from the Hunger Games have been questionable at best.

2) Honestly, I really enjoyed the swordplay in Troy. I thought it was really well done.

I think directors are foolish when they base films on a book and then add artistic license. Not that I think films benefit from this but the directors just open themselves up to a world of hurt.

Sword play has to be star wars purely based upon the fact lightsabers are iconic.

Many thanks for the giveaway.

1) books and movies are two different mediums of art, to expect them to be the same would be like expecting a song and a book to be the same, abstract. That said, I like main elements to be the same when there's literally no reason to change but understand when it has to be done for confines of the medium.

2) Highlander

Thanks

I'm not a book person. So I couldn't tell the difference. So I'm easy going!

Star wars - A New Hope. A nice bit of laser sword play!

Thanks for the giveaway!

Thanks for the giveaway

I like films to follow the book, some films although they are based on the book only contain a very small amount of the book content

The Three musketeers

Ron

Hi thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:
Prefer to stick to the book but its hard to replicate every detail sometimes.
Shogun Assassin for swordplay though i do love the blades & fight scenes in V for Vendetta

1) i like when director have something to say or create, i dont like super super book fidelity.
2) Hero

thanks for the give away :)

Awesome giveaway!

I like when they stick with the main important parts and the director throws in a little extra.

V for vendetta

Thats a difficult one. When films base themselves on obscure books they can get away from with deviating from the source a lot more.

However I do prefer when they stick to the book, otherwise screenwriters should just come up with their own ideas!

For inventive swordplay I did enjoy Pirates of The Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.