[WINNER CHOSEN][NINJA WEEK '15 GIVEAWAY] A Set of HMV Exclusive Sci-Fi SteelBooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
WINNER CHOSEN - CONGRATS @wayne71 !

This 2015 Ninja Week Giveaway package features:

1) One new copy of the HMV Exclusive Edge of Tomorrow SteelBook

2) One opened/unsealed copy of HMV Exclusive Dawn of the Planet of the Apes SteelBook

3) One new copy of HMV Exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past SteelBook

These prizes are courtesy of @Naughtius Maximus - thank you!

To participate, post the name of the first sci-fi movie and the name/place of the movie theater in which you watched it.

Rules - One entry per member; the winner of this ENTIRE PACKAGE will be selected by a random picking of a post number in this thread excluding the first post.
Ends - Sunday March 1st, 2015
Shipping - winner pays

Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• hmv.jpg
    hmv.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Thanks for the giveaway.

I'd be cluching at straws trying to remember but I do recall seeing double bills of Star Wars and Empire as well as Star Trek 1 & 2 at a small indy cinema in ma hame toun o Penicuik (Before the local video stores killed it off).

My first sci-fi movie was Star Wars: A New Hope during the original release and I watched it at Town & Country theater in Marietta, Georgia.

The first Sci-fi movie i saw in the cinema would be Mars Attacks at the Showcase cinema in Birmingham

Thanks for the Giveaway

My first sci-fi film was The Empire Strikes Back, which we rented from the video store. I subsequently watched A New Hope and Return of the Jedi before seeing them in order as the Special Editions released in theaters 1997. So the first sci-fi films I watched in theaters were the original Star Wars trilogy at AMC Theaters Country Club Mall, LaVale, MD.

Does Temple of Doom count? My parents took me to that as a young kid. It's got the fiction down, not so much on the science unless you count ripping people's hearts out. It was just at a local theater here

does "little mermaid" count as science fiction? ;)
anyways, it was in a classic movie theater called "stadtkino" near my home village in upper austria.

thanks for the awesome give-away

You're really testing the old brain with this one, but I have it!!!

I was 10 years old and my parents had just started to let me go to the movies alone. The year was 1971. The movie: Escape from the Planet of the Apes!! The FIRST Apes film I was able to see in the theater, which was huge for me, the crazy out of his mind Ape-a-holic I had become at such a young age. Things havent changed in that regard either.

The theater was The Britton Cinema in Tampa, Florida. It was one massive screen!!!

Thanks for the giveaway.

Last edited:
Star Wars. Waited in line with all of the other 70's dorks at the home of the biggest screen in Denver at the time...The Continental Theater.

This is what it looked like then....

3475622596_819c3bfa67_z.jpg

Now...
3475622746_9306e6cb23_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.