[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

What fictional space ship would would most like to be the captain of?
Hey...that's a really good question!!

My initial response took me back to my childhood and my first memory of a spaceship in the Jupiter II. But if I'm going to be on a spaceship I'm going to choose the one that can teleport me wherever I want to go at a push of a button. Plus give me whatever food I want at the push of a button. Plus go back in time at the push of a button.

Yes...we're talking about The Starship ENTERPRISE.

Of course, my crew would be the gang from Guardians of the Galaxy. Except for Spock. Spock can stay. He'd be good friends with Rocket I think.

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Hey...that's a really good question!!

My initial response took me back to my childhood and my first memory of a spaceship in the Jupiter II. But if I'm going to be on a spaceship I'm going to choose the one that can teleport me wherever I want to go at a push of a button. Plus give me whatever food I want at the push of a button. Plus go back in time at the push of a button.

Yes...we're talking about The Starship ENTERPRISE.

Of course, my crew would be the gang from Guardians of the Galaxy. Except for Spock. Spock can stay. He'd be good friends with Rocket I think.
I'd think Rocket would be far too antagonistic and illogical for spock lol. And yeah I am gonna try and post at least 1 good question a day for actual discussion.

Reactions: jaws finatic
Fair enough. I think I will stick with my original choice as it can run with 1 person but room for others. If it was a big ship, I would have to find a crew and I hate recruitment lol
I'm gonna be so terrible predicable and say Serenity lol. It might not be pretty, or fast, or have weapons, and is literally falling apart. But it has character. Does it come with a space hooker?

I'd think Rocket would be far too antagonistic and illogical for spock lol. And yeah I am gonna try and post at least 1 good question a day for actual discussion.
I'm not so sure. Spock really loves to raise that eyebrow, and Rocket will supply him with endless opportunities to do so!!!

I can hear it now:

Rocket: Okay!!! So we saved the Galaxy AGAIN! We should get free stuff for the rest of our life!!
Spock: Free stuff?
Rocket: Yes, Free. Free. Free. Free.
Spock: That's quite illogical.
Rocket: Illogical, smogical. Everyone would be dead if it wasn't for us. They owe us.
Spock: (raises eyebrow) Fascinating.

I'm gonna be so terrible predicable and say Serenity lol. It might not be pretty, or fast, or have weapons, and is literally falling apart. But it has character. Does it come with a space hooker?
No, according to your own rules, it does not come with a crew which means you have to find your own space hooker lol

Reactions: JinxyKatte
In the UK, I don't think it is too bad right now but price rise is happening Friday and it is expected to go up a lot and then again as part of the next review.
Whenever I have seen stories of people having to choose either heating or eating I feel it has always been exaggerated but if our government don't step in, that really will be the case for some people. Unfortunately our government are probably the worst we have ever had so I don't hold out much hope
Yesterday or day before there was a news article highlighting the issues. I think it was cited that Russia/Ukrane War, but also maintenance of pipes in Europe are the problems with raised prices.

Not so sure it's that simple because even though this has been happening, prices are going up and the energy companies have publicised super high profits, therefore the shareholders are doing great.

Get this, also the energy companies need subsidies from the government on par with the Covid furlough which could come up to the tune of 70 billion to protect the vulnerable in the UK from price hikes and guarantees 5 year price freezes.

I sat there and called WTF. I personally don't like the news, puts me in a bad mood, so I try and avoid it. But, in the ever changing landscape and bottom line my understanding is that whatever is the root cause, tax payers subsidise shareholders and energy companies outright win, rather than expense of their own decisions of making smaller gains.

I should have had a career in economics and I told you so. Hey here we are.

What fictional space ship would would most like to be the captain of?
A lego 80's Galaxy Explorer. I loved my built model, then one day it fell out of my hand and smashed into 428 individual pieces LOL. Sad day indeed.

Oh what about Space 1999 Eagle
Space 1999 Moon GIF by GerryAndersonTV

Yesterday or day before there was a news article highlighting the issues. I think it was cited that Russia/Ukrane War, but also maintenance of pipes in Europe are the problems with raised prices.

Not so sure it's that simple because even though this has been happening, prices are going up and the energy companies have publicised super high profits, therefore the shareholders are doing great.

Get this, also the energy companies need subsidies from the government on par with the Covid furlough which could come up to the tune of 70 billion to protect the vulnerable in the UK from price hikes and guarantees 5 year price freezes.

I sat there and called WTF. I personally don't like the news, puts me in a bad mood, so I try and avoid it. But, in the ever changing landscape and bottom line my understanding is that whatever is the root cause, tax payers subsidise shareholders and energy companies outright win, rather than expense of their own decisions of making smaller gains.

I should have had a career in economics and I told you so. Hey here we are.
This is why energy should be nationalised like it is in some other countries that aren't taking the hit we are.
Unfortunately the tories get a lot of funding from big companies or have investments and shares in these companies themselves. They were seen clearly giving contracts to companies they had investment in during covid. Our government is full of people that are inly concerned with their own power and have no interest in what people need, thay was how we eneded up with Boris, despite his long history of lies, the one thing he did understand is that if you tell lies to people they want to hear, they will believe it because they want to regardless of fact.
Back to the point though, when it comes to things like energy, the focus should not be on how happy we can make shareholders, it should be nationalised and non profit

Reactions: Lenny Nero