[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

OK, what's been the most unlikely movie or TV series that has been released on steelbook that you never thought you'd own?

Commentary on the finish too, perhaps?

OK, what's been the most unlikely movie or TV series that has been released on steelbook that you never thought you'd own?

Commentary on the finish too, perhaps?
To help you along, mine was The Wraith (1986) with Charlie Sheen. It was released in Germany under the name Interceptor (only on the C Card).

Has a nice finish too. Big thanks to @Lollard2002 for convincing me to go far and wide to own this, otherwise I wold have missed out on such a cool steelbook :thumbs:

Edit: Spine had Interceptor too.

Last edited:
To help you along, mine was The Wraith (1986) with Charlie Sheen. It was released in Germany under the name Interceptor (only on the C Card).

Has a nice finish too. Big thanks to @Lollard2002 for convincing me to go far and wide to own this, otherwise I wold have missed out on such a cool steelbook :thumbs:

Edit: Spine had Interceptor too.
There are two steelbook versions in Germany on this. A futurepak and a Steelbook

Reactions: GeoRattray
One a true oner but I still think this is super impressive. The amount of work that went into making this look seamless.

Oh, definitely! I love one-take or/and POV scenes, they're rare, and very hard to make. Basically even regular scenes in all recent movies have so many cuts, every few seconds, because both the directors and cinematographers, and actors, have become objectively less talented or are putting in less effort, to film and perform more than one line of dialog. It's just easier to chomp it into 3000 little pieces. Older movies have much longer takes everywhere. [rant over]

I thought I posted such scenes in that Dark Knight Giveaway thread, not sure.
But Children of Men has a few of them.
One of the longest, most complex, and real one-takes, there's no hidden cuts till he gets inside the building:

Reactions: jaws finatic
I mean there is a competition up with a goal of hitting 60 pages of comments and instructions to have conversations about movies and other things. I mean what the hell are we supposed to do right?
Some people don't want to offend the loser of a competition by giving the winner a trophy, or even calling them 'the winner'. What are you gonna do???

Here's an idea for everyone!

We all have our favorite movie posters. Let's post some images of some of our favorites!!! Let's say we each post 5!! And what the heck, what was your experience when you saw that movie first run?

And we'll just make it a requirement right here that it can only be one poster per post.

Reactions: GeoRattray

We all have our favorite movie posters. Let's post some images of some of our favorites!!! Let's say we each post 5!! And what the heck, what was your experience when you saw that movie first run?

And we'll just make it a requirement right here that it can only be one poster per post.
Believe it or not, I actually rarely even notice movie posters. I know I am probably in the minority but I just don't look up much of anything before I watch the film.
Usually the only way I know something is poster art is on here when a steelbook is using it amd someone mentions something as being their favourite poster art that was used.
I also don't watch trailers, I just try to keep things so I know as little as possible

Here's a question for you that may help us along in our endeavor:

What are 5 movies that you would like to see on Steel? Everyone knows I'm a Planet of the Apes junkie, so that's obvisous and therefore won't be on the list. Mine would be:

Emperor of the North
White Line Fever
Heaven Can Wait
Swiss Family Robinson (Disney)
Land That Time Forgot
Swiss Family Robinson would be good!

Based on some of you guys’ other picks, I‘ll do the 80’s picks:

Big
Karate Kid II/III
An American Tail
Hoosiers
Major League

These could all use a SteelBook, too:
Splash
Cocktail
Rain Man
When Harry Met Sally
Weekend at Bernie’s
A Fish Called Wanda
The Secret of NIMH
G.I. Joe The Movie
Annie
Adventures in Babysitting
Bloodsport
Fast Times at Ridgemont High with animated lenticular :naughty:
fast times at ridgemont high swimming GIF

To my previous post on Movie Posters....

OBVIOUSLY, JAWS is in my top 5, but that is SOOOOO obvious I'm not including it in my list, which is more Posters I liked than anything.

1 of 5
MV5BYmM0ZDRkZGEtNTFmNS00MDg1LThkNWItZmU1NmM1OGM0NTU4L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzND...jpg

I saw this movie first run at Twin Bays Four in South Tampa. My date for the movie, Lauri, remains one of my dearest friends and her husband co-wrote the screenplay for Deja Vu.

The movie is THE Master of Disaster Films and is in my top 3 all time. Gene Hackman quickly became one of my favorite actors after this, as well as a favorite of my best friend at the time Scott, who saw the 2nd viewing literally dressed like Reverend Scott. He says it wasn't intentional. I was never convined.

To my previous post on Movie Posters....

OBVIOUSLY, JAWS is in my top 5, but that is SOOOOO obvious I'm not including it in my list, which is more Posters I liked than anything.

1 of 5
View attachment 541546
I saw this movie first run at Twin Bays Four in South Tampa. My date for the movie, Lauri, remains one of my dearest friends and her husband co-wrote the screenplay for Deja Vu.

The movie is THE Master of Disaster Films and is in my top 3 all time. Gene Hackman quickly became one of my favorite actors after this, as well as a favorite of my best friend at the time Scott, who saw the 2nd viewing literally dressed like Reverend Scott. He says it wasn't intentional. I was never convined.
I don't really have any favourite movie posters. Maybe I'll start posting some of my favourite steelbooks

1 of 5 - Star Wars : A New Hope
1663575801132.png

I really saw Return of the Jedi first due to my age and caught up with the franchise over that time. Empire is still my favourite of the original trilogy.

Last edited:
3 of 5 - Lost Boys
1663577208649.png

Just don't invite anyone into your home, you never know they may be a vampire, just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaws finatic