[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

Speaking of evil babes, Lena Heady's Ma-ma is probably the best aspect of an already great Dredd:

Oh yes, I loved this iteration of Dredd, some great releases in steelbooks too. Shame it's underrated and no sequel, imagine what they could have done with Judge Death etc.

Ok, going for No Mans Land action:

Reactions: RMA and Lenny Nero
Best, favorite action scenes?

There's a lot, if course, but we need a lot for this thread.

Swordfish is one of my favorite movies, Gabriel Shear one of all-time favorite characters, and there's plenty of cool scenes from it, like the opening round-about 'Matrix' style filmed exploding hostage, or driving Hammers into the bank. But I also like how he starts shooting first at following him cars, and when more arrive, he's got a frak-u M249 machine gun in their face. Been my dream to do that on a city street.

And I of course fully agree with his views, been quoting them for years, like "If you were able to cure a major disease like cancer, but had to kill 1 innocent child, would you do it? How about a 100, how about a 1000? Thousands die every day for no reason, where's your bleeding heart for them!?"
And this one:

I think I will go with the final battle in the last samurai.
It isn't as visually impressive as some of those mentioned but the emotion behind it makes it one of my favourite

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Hey guys, we only need 15 more pages to unlock the Hateful 8 thing. Only 300 posts to go.
It can certainly be done. As we are mentioning hateful 8, what is everyone's favourite Tarentino film?
I think mine is probably the first kill bill but only slightly ahead of the 2nd. There are others I probably like as much but I can rewatch kill bill more hence this being my pick

Reactions: JinxyKatte
It can certainly be done. As we are mentioning hateful 8, what is everyone's favourite Tarentino film?
I think mine is probably the first kill bill but only slightly ahead of the 2nd. There are others I probably like as much but I can rewatch kill bill more hence this being my pick
I'm not sure I could name it. I think Jackie Brown is my least favourite. But yeah know, I still love it.

Reactions: Watkinss1
I think I will go with the final battle in the last samurai.
It isn't as visually impressive as some of those mentioned but the emotion behind it makes it one of my favourite
I pretty much always liked Tom Cruise movies, but it wasn't until The Last Samurai, when he shocked me with this epic performance in what is an epic masterpiece of a movie. Holy cow, man. What a great movie. In fact, there's a lot of films I was considering on this topic, but I think I too will go with The Last Samurai.

Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained have long been my top two which waffled back and forth to the top spot. But then he gave us Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which really struck a chord with me. I remember when Sharon Tate was murdered and how awful that whole business was. For some reason the tragedy of her murder stuck with me. Much like the senselessness of John Lennon being taken from us.

I knew OUATIH was set in the Tate timeline and didn't know what to expect. Tarantino displayed on screen what my ultimate life rewrite fantasy world would be in her regard. To see those scumbags get their asses handed to them was a beautiful thing, but also incredibly sad thinking how it really went down. I see this film as a beautiful love story to not only Hollywood of the day, but to Sharon, who deserved in life what this film showed. Much like the scum that took her.

So it's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for me, hands down.

Easy for me to answer, unlike with most other directors, it's Jackie Brown!
I love all the characters, somehow there's something in every one of them I can associate myself with. Every scene is golden. Has the best structure, the best music selection, the best setting, that I visited before the movie came out, and even more afterwards. Meaning the Del Amo mall. Was surprised seeing Max walk out exactly in the same place I liked to park, on the roof by the side exit, where there's always space, and a quiet entrance.
My first girlfriend's friend was exactly like Melanie, so I love this quote right here:

"Not if your ambition is to get high and watch TV" :thumbs:
That dialog bit was actually on the soundtrack CD.

Although now I'll probably be like De Niro, can't laugh or smoke without coughing.
But "coughing is good, it gets you higher", of course. It's just perfect all around, and only gets better.

Tarantino himself said at the time, that he thought he'd imagined he'd make a movie a seasoned, older director would later in his career, but right now, make his best movie, and get on to the other stuff he planned free to do whatever. And he did exactly that! Amazing!

Mine would also be Kill Bill 1 and then a close second Jackie Brown. Loved seeing both parts of Kill Bill at the cinema, very different movies and the times where I would go and see event movie types with work colleagues. Boy that took some organisation, thinking back.