World Cup 2010

Jan 30, 2009
England
Fast approaching now guys whoa re football fans on here. I cant wait personally. Some great teams qualifying so far and more to be expected this week. Also make and break for the argies.

Click on the links below to see the highlights of each day.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Last edited by a moderator:
I only saw the Dempsey goal that was called as offside. Sideline officials have been horrendous! The rule states that if they are unsure if it's an offside or not they shouldn't call it and all tournament long they've been calling offsides left and right that aren't offsides. The center refs aren't bad, only a few, but the sidelines are just plain bad.

yah, the call was very bad. the only thing i could think of is maybe donovan was blocking the algeria defender so the side ref couldnt see him and called dempsey offsides.

luckily it didn't change the outcome of anything, but if it had talk about your drama.

i just took a look at the brackets set up for elimination games. the US has about as good of a draw as they could. if we win against Ghana, we would play the winner of Uruguay and South Korea. Both of those teams are very good, but thats a much better match up for us than having to play Argentina or Germany or a team of that calibur. Gotta like our chances of making the semis!!!

:scat::scat:

well, USA's run is over. im ok with it. ive never gotten into soccer this much, and over the past two weeks ive prolly watched more than i have my entire life. from what i saw, the US played well, but we never were able to capitalize on the opportunities. too many breakaways where we couldn't score, too many one v ones that didn't pan out. we had the heart but we just didn't have the skill IMO.

the winning goal for Ghana was a very good shot. i haven't seen a US player make that kind of shot all tourney.

it was fun watching!

I say no to video replay. Players will complain about every play and want a replay. Be mad why a certain play didn't get reviewed. I'm ok with the way it is.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

I say no to video replay. Players will complain about every play and want a replay. Be mad why a certain play didn't get reviewed. I'm ok with the way it is.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Haha,you will change your mind if Mexico go out because of a bad call

I thing using a replay to see if a ball crossed the line or not is needed,i mean the linesman cant even keep up with play

Last edited:
The linesman was in the right spot, he was even with the last defender in order to call offsides. It was just unfortunate that he didnt see the ball go 3 feet over the line. He should have been able to see that much from where he was standing.

official sponsor of the English soccer team

attachment.php

Attachments

• KY.jpg
    KY.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 103
The linesman wasn't in the right spot, because with every shot you are supposed to follow the ball to the goal line, so if he shoots, you run with the ball.

Anyways, Video replay is needed for goals only, just like with Hockey.

Have you ever played soccer Cali? How can he go from approx the 25 yard line (where he's supposed to be to call offsides) and follow a 60 mph shot to the end line? It's physically impossible to do that. I do agree that video evidence/ monitoring is necessary though.

I don't see it happening any time soon though, FIFA is a poorly run organization, as made evident by their support of all the terrible officiating during this world cup. It may happen in the future but not until there is a change in the top members of the FIFA organization.

Have you ever played soccer Cali? How can he go from approx the 25 yard line (where he's supposed to be to call offsides) and follow a 60 mph shot to the end line? It's physically impossible to do that. I do agree that video evidence/ monitoring is necessary though.

I don't see it happening any time soon though, FIFA is a poorly run organization, as made evident by their support of all the terrible officiating during this world cup. It may happen in the future but not until there is a change in the top members of the FIFA organization.

Um, i used to referee and played soccer for 10 years, doesn't matter if you can't make it. You run with the shot. It is in the rule book, and if a FIFA match referee can't do that, then he shouldn't be reffing the game.

Your argument is just...well dumb...the ref needs to be in the spot. Not necessarily following the ball, he follows the play not the ball. Otherwise, offsides and the like would never be called......physically impossible to follow the ball. You playing rookie soccer is nowhere near the likes of the pros. The sidelines are usually ahead of the ball in order to be able to see the entire play.

Well I am out of here for a few days, I am in no mood to talk, I feel somewhat depressed. later peeps.