World Cup 2010

Jan 30, 2009
England
Fast approaching now guys whoa re football fans on here. I cant wait personally. Some great teams qualifying so far and more to be expected this week. Also make and break for the argies.

Click on the links below to see the highlights of each day.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Last edited by a moderator:
nobody knows lol,i think only the ref knows why

They need to use slow motion replays for close calls like the NHL does

People have been asking for it, but honestly I think it would just spoil the game. It's fine the way it is. Sure, there is going to be controversial calls, but I'd rather watch it than seeing coaches and players complain about replays throughout the game.

nobody knows lol,i think only the ref knows why

They need to use slow motion replays for close calls like the NHL does

People have been asking for it, but honestly I think it would just spoil the game. It's fine the way it is. Sure, there is going to be controversial calls, but I'd rather watch it than seeing coaches and players complain about replays throughout the game.

Agree
Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

The ref should at the very least have to say WHAT the f-ing foul was!! EEK!

The ref should at the very least have to say WHAT the f-ing foul was!! EEK!

I agree, but at this point I think it will remain unknown. FIFA won't want to put the ref's on the spotlight any more than he already is. I am sure people will say it was to protect to England, but before you think about that I am sure that's not the case since England hadn't even played yet.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Here's the highlights from yesterday.

USA vs Slovenia

England vs Algeria

Germany vs Serbia

I think it would be better if they gave some sort of explanation. Even something to the effect of what he thought the foul was and then admitting he could have been wrong. That would be better than leaving it like it is.

hopefully this situation motivates the boys to play hard against their match with algeria and push them into the elimination rounds.

if we can get to the quarter finals that would be great, and the way things are going as long as we don't match up against a south american team down the road i think we could possibly get there.

hopefully this situation motivates the boys to play hard against their match with algeria and push them into the elimination rounds.

if we can get to the quarter finals that would be great, and the way things are going as long as we don't match up against a south american team down the road i think we could possibly get there.

if the US makes it past the group stage they face 1st or 2nd from group d,possibly germany

if the US makes it past the group stage they face 1st or 2nd from group d,possibly germany

oh cool, yah i didnt really know how it worked. germany would be one tough cookie, but england was pitted at that and we played reasonably. got the lucky goal but thats sports for ya.

germany has shown that they are extremely tough and can have an off game. i think we would stand a decent chance to upset them, much more than argentina or brazil IMO. if germany is on though, we dont stand much of a chance.

i havent really seen ghana or serbia play, but they both seem like tough opponents. if we make it out and face one of them, it will for sure be a tough game but i think we could beat either one of them if we have a good game.

French imploding as players refuse to practice

A draw, a loss, a tantrum and now chaos for Les Bleus.
France's World Cup team refused to train Sunday in protest of striker Nicolas Anelka's expulsion from the squad, prompted by a profanity-laced tirade against coach Raymond Domenech the day before.
The latest round of turbulence also led to the resignation of France team director Jean-Louis Valentin, who said he was fed up with the team.
"It's a scandal for the French, for the young people here. It's a scandal for the federation and the French team," Valentin said. "They don't want to train. It's unacceptable."
Before getting in a car and driving off, he added: "As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted."
Tensions boiled over after the team arrived at training and got off the bus to greet about 200 fans who had gathered there. Domenech, whose tactics and management skills have been questioned, stayed on the bus to talk to France captain Patrice Evra.
Meanwhile, fitness coach Robert Duverne was on the field putting down training cones. After Domenech and Evra got off the bus, Evra and Duverne started to argue.
Domenech tried to intervene, but Duverne then stormed off, throwing his accreditation down the field.
Afterward, Domenech read a statement he said was written by the players to explain their protest:
"The French Football Federation did not at any time try to protect the group. They took a decision uniquely based on facts reported by the press.
"As a consequence and to show our opposition to the decision taken by officials of the federation, all the players decided not to take part in today's training session."
Evra and the players, en masse, boarded the team bus and drew the curtains.
In their first two matches at the World Cup, France drew 0-0 with Uruguay and then lost 2-0 to Mexico. France can still advance to the round of 16 with a win over host South Africa, as long as Uruguay and Mexico don't draw in the other Group A match.

A draw, a loss, a tantrum and now chaos for Les Bleus.
France's World Cup team refused to train Sunday in protest of striker Nicolas Anelka's expulsion from the squad, prompted by a profanity-laced tirade against coach Raymond Domenech the day before.
The latest round of turbulence also led to the resignation of France team director Jean-Louis Valentin, who said he was fed up with the team.
"It's a scandal for the French, for the young people here. It's a scandal for the federation and the French team," Valentin said. "They don't want to train. It's unacceptable."
Before getting in a car and driving off, he added: "As for me, it's over. I'm leaving the federation. I'm sickened and disgusted."
Tensions boiled over after the team arrived at training and got off the bus to greet about 200 fans who had gathered there. Domenech, whose tactics and management skills have been questioned, stayed on the bus to talk to France captain Patrice Evra.
Meanwhile, fitness coach Robert Duverne was on the field putting down training cones. After Domenech and Evra got off the bus, Evra and Duverne started to argue.
Domenech tried to intervene, but Duverne then stormed off, throwing his accreditation down the field.
Afterward, Domenech read a statement he said was written by the players to explain their protest:
"The French Football Federation did not at any time try to protect the group. They took a decision uniquely based on facts reported by the press.
"As a consequence and to show our opposition to the decision taken by officials of the federation, all the players decided not to take part in today's training session."
Evra and the players, en masse, boarded the team bus and drew the curtains.
In their first two matches at the World Cup, France drew 0-0 with Uruguay and then lost 2-0 to Mexico. France can still advance to the round of 16 with a win over host South Africa, as long as Uruguay and Mexico don't draw in the other Group A match.

do you expect anything less from the french?

With today's ref in the brazil - ivory coast I think we can safely assume that all the French in the wc are no good. That ref was just plain bad!! Allowing the ivory coast to finish the game with 11 men is just plain stupid. Then ejecting kaka. What a douche.