May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: October 4, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CAD $29.99

m2221744.jpg

m2221744_3.jpgm2221744_1.jpg m2221744_2.jpg

Last edited:
That is what I thought, but all the spine slash are under the shrink wrap (n):dunno: the shrink wrap is not torn and yet the steel has the cut... I thought they were shrink wrapped at Scanavo :cautious:
There must be some step where they box up the steelbooks and ship them to be shrinkwrapped?
That's the only thing I can think of for spine slashes under the cellophane...

Reactions: Actarus
There must be some step where they box up the steelbooks and ship them to be shrinkwrapped?
That's the only thing I can think of for spine slashes under the cellophane...

That is what I was thinking as well, but it seems that BB steels are worse than anywhere else when it comes to this.

That is what I thought, but all the spine slash are under the shrink wrap (n):dunno: the shrink wrap is not torn and yet the steel has the cut... I thought they were shrink wrapped at Scanavo :cautious:
My understanding is that Scanavo just manufactures the steelbooks and ships them to the distributor (film company).

They will then insert the discs, add the J-cards and other relevant items and shrinkwrap the package.

Spine slashes under the shrinkwrap don't seem to be quite as common as through the shrinkwrap (where the slashing took place at the retailer), but hey, it's still human beings who open the packages at the distributor, and they can make silly mistakes like everybody else.

But this is such a simple problem to solve! Amazing that this hasn't been fixed years ago. Bu no, they just keep on destroying the merchandise around the world :(

• Helpful Post
I got an old fashioned through-the-plastic spine slash(as opposed the the below wrapper ones we've been getting). Good thing I ordered 2.
Exact same thing here. ALWAYS order more than needed... then return the over/damaged and not getting caught without a copy if this gets sold-out.

• Thanks
My understanding is that Scanavo just manufactures the steelbooks and ships them to the distributor (film company).

They will then insert the discs, add the J-cards and other relevant items and shrinkwrap the package.

Spine slashes under the shrinkwrap don't seem to be quite as common as through the shrinkwrap (where the slashing took place at the retailer), but hey, it's still human beings who open the packages at the distributor, and they can make silly mistakes like everybody else.

But this is such a simple problem to solve! Amazing that this hasn't been fixed years ago. Bu no, they just keep on destroying the merchandise around the world :(

wow Thank you for your explanation this all makes sense now at how this all works :thumbs:

Exact same thing here. ALWAYS order more than needed... then return the over/damaged and not getting caught without a copy if this gets sold-out.

I had to order 6 copies to get 2 acceptable one and indeed I will return the rest, best way of doing things as if not it gets sold out and in store they go so fast you don't have time to get there to inspect copies.

For me it's not just that they sell out, it's that I want to watch it on release day!

I got burned with TFA, and now order two copies of everything. I'll order 4 copies of Episode 8!

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18