Price:

steelbook.jpg

Actual Image courtesy kevindublin
1.jpg 2.jpg
3.jpg 4.jpg

Picture kindly sent to us by HMV -
!xmendofp.jpg

It "should" include 3D
i posted this pic i took from inside my hmv store in my town a few posts back, should stick this in the Original post also as it states it is the 3D steelbook and will save confusion.

914E2D5F-0C70-4C32-BF77-7BC18D13A3C9_zps7rol8bt1.jpg
a4uzetyv.jpg

Attachments

• XMenDoFP.jpg
    XMenDoFP.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 805
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be catching this after the weekend to avoid the crowds :scat:

Same as buddy, i like a spacey cinema. last movie i saw on release day was 'Dark Knight Rises' was packed, security everywere, i live in england and our cinemas dont generally have security so it was odd.

Excited to see this tonight! :LOL: I've entered the GB for this Steelbook! I really like the Sentinel cover, I hope it doesn't change! :thumbs:

Reactions: RekLess
Excited to see this tonight! :LOL: I've entered the GB for this Steelbook! I really like the Sentinel cover, I hope it doesn't change! :thumbs:

I like the simplistic cover too, though it seems that's not usually the most widely accepted opinion.

And how is it that you have time to see this tonight...aren't you going to see Godzilla instead for the 23rd time? :hilarious:

I'm not a fan of HMV exclusives. Since they stopped their online service they're harder to get hold of.

While Enders Game is still available in my local (and I use 'local' liberally) branch, Riddick was sold out before I could get to either of the branches on the Tuesday after release. One branch was cleared out by someone on this forum for group buys.

It's not only the price of the item I have to take into account either, it's the petrol and exorbitant car park charges too. Even if I ring up and secure a copy in advance, I've still got the inconvenience and expense of getting it.

Reactions: ChrisIW
I'm not a fan of HMV exclusives. Since they stopped their online service they're harder to get hold of.

While Enders Game is still available in my local (and I use 'local' liberally) branch, Riddick was sold out before I could get to either of the branches on the Tuesday after release. One branch was cleared out by someone on this forum for group buys.

It's not only the price of the item I have to take into account either, it's the petrol and exorbitant car park charges too. Even if I ring up and secure a copy in advance, I've still got the inconvenience and expense of getting it.

The person that does the GB is doing a great favour to all the collectors that have no HMV near them, or that they live in another country.
If you take into account the car parking fees etc, I guess the GB would possibly cheaper for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The person that does the GB is doing a great favour to all the collectors that have no HMV near them, or that they live in another country.
If you take into account the car parking fees etc, I guess the GB would possibly cheaper for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably would.

I wasn't complaining about the group buy, it was just an observation.

Just spoke to HMV in Lincoln and they have said that it won't have the 3d disc in it!!
Does anyone know any different? I have been collecting all the X Men steels and don't really want to have to buy it twice.

Just spoke to HMV in Lincoln and they have said that it won't have the 3d disc in it!!
Does anyone know any different? I have been collecting all the X Men steels and don't really want to have to buy it twice.

Not sure why no 3D would bother you. I have all the UK steels.

All of the prior X MEN steels have been either double play DVD and Blu ray, or just the Blu-ray Disc.

The Wolverine was 3D, but that's it. :dunno:

It probably would.

I wasn't complaining about the group buy, it was just an observation.

Which HMV? Riddick flew off the shelves as it is a very popular franchise...Ender's Game a tad less so.

HMV is a nightmare, I've never been asked for a deposit for the GBs I've done...The answer is always, we have enough stock, then you can guess the rest EEK!

Just been in Plymouth HMV and pre-ordered 2 copies (1 is for a fellow ninja) I paid £5 deposit. The Assistant said the price on the system is showing as £21.99. Also confirmed 3D :D

Also saw 5 copies of Ender's Game and 4 The Hobbit 2 steelbooks on the shelves.

:thumbs:

Reactions: spookz and harry
Probably because of:

The point I was making was that all the other X Men did not contain a 3D disc.

It came across as " I have all the x men steels, so hope this is 3D" and that a double dip was required, if not.

To have the collection on 3d you will need to double dip on all of them, minus The Wolverine HMV.

The point I was making was that all the other X Men did not contain a 3D disc.

It came across as " I have all the x men steels, so hope this is 3D" and that a double dip was required, if not.

To have the collection on 3d you will need to double dip on all of them, minus The Wolverine HMV.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but The Wolverine is the only other X-Men film to even have a 3D disc, is it not? So it stands to reason that if DOFP doesn't include a 3D disc then a double dip is required.

You can't double dip on, say, X-Men: The Last Stand, because there's no 3D disc available to double dip for.

[List used for info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films ]

Last edited:
Reactions: spookz and PKAVFC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but The Wolverine is the only other X-Men film to even have a 3D disc, is it not? So it stands to reason that if DOFP doesn't include a 3D disc then a double dip is required.

You can't double dip on, say, X-Men: The Last Stand, because there's no 3D disc available to double dip for.

[List used for info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films]

Mate, I'm a little confused, I have basically said everything you have just said in that post.

In a nutshell, if this ended up not having a 3d disc, it would not mean you suddenly double dip- you would have to do that for the previous titles anyway.

Maybe we have our wires crossed.