1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:
Good point. The way some people go on, it's like they think they have to purchase every release. Ooohhhh nooooo way too many releases from Zavvi. Not at all Zavvi are in it for one thing, and that's to make profit.
Yes there are a huge amount of releases coming out but you don't have to buy any of them. I'm loving the amount of uk releases myself and I'm loving the information on them all that this HDN forum gives me about them and its FREE
Bang on HDN thanks very much

Exactly, choices for everyone, not like it's all released to appeal to one person.

You do know that you don't have to buy them all?

Good point. The way some people go on, it's like they think they have to purchase every release. Ooohhhh nooooo way too many releases from Zavvi. Not at all Zavvi are in it for one thing, and that's to make profit.
Yes there are a huge amount of releases coming out but you don't have to buy any of them. I'm loving the amount of uk releases myself and I'm loving the information on them all that this HDN forum gives me about them and its FREE
Bang on HDN thanks very much

A lot of people who have been collecting for many years tend to have a completest nature. When they started collecting, it was perfectly reasonable to try and collect every single title from a particular country. I myself sometimes feel the urge to order all of the titles due to this nature. I started collecting at a time when we got two or three Steelbooks per month in UK, not two or three per week.

Aside from this, you may want to note that some collectors will be interested in all of the titles. It is very tough to afford all of the releases you want, so it would be nice if Zavvi slowed down a bit.

Reactions: huggy2k4
Yes, as with Play when they released waves, if you are not a completist, then pick based on the criteria that matter most to you:)

A lot of people who have been collecting for many years tend to have a completest nature. When they started collecting, it was perfectly reasonable to try and collect every single title from a particular country. I myself sometimes feel the urge to order all of the titles due to this nature. I started collecting at a time when we got two or three Steelbooks per month in UK, not two or three per week.

Aside from this, you may want to note that some collectors will be interested in all of the titles. It is very tough to afford all of the releases you want, so it would be nice if Zavvi slowed down a bit.

But that's now how the real world works, probably back when it started people tried to collect every DVD in the early day then it becomes impossible or too much, same with comics to as an example.
Zavvi releases aren't going to be built around that one in 1,000 person who collects everything they release and that be utterly selfish to expect that.

Reactions: digitalbabe
But that's now how the real world works, probably back when it started people tried to collect every DVD in the early day then it becomes impossible or too much, same with comics to as an example.
Zavvi releases aren't going to be built around that one in 1,000 person who collects everything they release and that be utterly selfish to expect that.

No-one is expecting them to reduce the number of releases, just providing an opinion as you have done. It is just as selfish hoping for more and more releases as it is hoping for fewer. Steelbook collecting after all is, like most collecting hobbies, a selfish desire to acquire the items you like.

really nice art, they actually tried this time lol

Still needs gloss finish badly to really be a killer steel. not sure what to do now for a set of x-men steels.... i'd still prefer a trilogy steel, and the x-men 1 steel is pure trash

I agree a glossy steel would offer a nicer finish, but as the UK versions of X-Men, Wolverine and First Class have all been matt, Fox might as well stick with it.

A trilogy set would be nice for those who want it, but personally I prefer individual releases.

Me likely, I glad there went with this artwork for the front and glossy would be nice but has tenderheartbear said the rest have been matt so I'll be happy with that. I can't wait to have this with the rest of my X-men Steelbooks just X3-The Last Stand Left (hopefully The Wolverine Steelbook should be due Nov/Dec:oohyeah:) and I hope there go with something like this for X3
IMG_1509.jpg

Depends on each and everyone's circumstances, tough to afford for one does not mean tough to afford for another. I certainly do not need to go into anyone's personal finance situation. I am genuinely excited about all of the uk releases coming out and do hope it does not slow down for a second. I also said a big appreciation to Zavvi for what they are doing and then I get oh you must work for them etc etc. I thought this site was about creating excitement and buzz about steelbook releases but what I really see now is lots of moaning and assumption. Anyway I am genuinely excited and thanks to HDN for all the info they give me via this site. Sorry if I have upset anyone or got too excited about Zavvi and steelbooks. My sincere apologies I will shut up.

Reactions: Ricker
Will definitely pick up this and begrudgingly Daredevil (for comic movie completeness). Then just X3 then I'll have a full set of comic films :)

I want full Marvel steelbook completeness I only need these and I'll be very happy:

Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer
The Punisher
Punisher: Warzone
Elektra
Blade
Blade 2
Blade Trinity
Ghost Rider
X-Men: The Last Stand

I want full Marvel steelbook completeness I only need these and I'll be very happy:

Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer
The Punisher
Punisher: Warzone
Elektra
Blade
Blade 2
Blade Trinity
Ghost Rider
X-Men: The Last Stand

I'm waiting on Blade 1-3 and the 2 Punisher films. Already have FF german double steel and don't want Elektra or ghost rider (can't stand Nicholas Cage).

Also didn't realise that the X-Men had a football team :p