Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Pieter V

Rise!
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Price: {param} $22.99 (release week ONLY)
Release date: March 19th 2013
Notes: Confirmed debossed border with embossed title, hyper-glossy finish!
Purchase link: ZERO DARK THIRTY SOLD OUT
Group Buy: Click here for International (CLOSED)

Region A

zerodarkthirty.jpg

Embossing highlights courtesy of urbeenjammin:
ZD30.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to RobertJoseph17)
20130318_180812_zps0ff92cf3.jpg

ZD30-actual-2.jpg

ZD30-actual-3.jpg

ZD30-actual-4.jpg

ZD30-actual-5.jpg

20130318_181446_zpsffcedb92.jpg
Old infos:
Actual pictures courtesy of HDN member mlopez:
attachment.php

zd30-3.jpg

View attachment 28920
zd30-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel one of its strengths is the superb acting of the non-US actors in their delivery as well as the personification of their characters. It has tremendous rewatch value for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antman
Still havent opened my copy..... But would really like to see the back of it...:(

There is a picture of the back cover art in the OP.

is this steelbook more rare than united states hurt locker?
In my humble opinion, it is :)

I always open my steelbooks,so I can admire the artwork which is put on,in them.this one is really good IMO.

Again, as more and more folks get their hands on this one, it will gain a reputation of its own as a true collectible.

Reactions: jcm
After seeing pictures of this, I wasn't that impressed with it, but I broke down and bought it from a member of somewhere else. It'll probably look much better to me in person.

Dumped my DVD.
image_zps4536698c.jpg

image_zpse0de46b1.jpg

How easy is it to modify the case from a 2 disc to 1? I've just bought the case only for this and want to be able to put the UK Blu-Ray in it. Would look a bit silly with the spare disc holder and I don't want to shell out for the DVD to fill the space!

EDIT: Found the thread on here about removing the spine artwork but would still like to hear from you how easy/difficult it is and if you steam the spine first.

Last edited:
How easy is it to modify the case from a 2 disc to 1? I've just bought the case only for this and want to be able to put the UK Blu-Ray in it. Would look a bit silly with the spare disc holder and I don't want to shell out for the DVD to fill the space!

EDIT: Found the thread on here about removing the spine artwork but would still like to hear from you how easy/difficult it is and if you steam the spine first.

Place some heat on the spine (hairdryer) to soften the glue and using an old credit card slide between the spine and the plastic frame until the spine lifts off.
Take it slowly and you should be OK. When I reapply my spine I use stix2 tape that I bought from amazon.uk, it's perfect for Steelbooks.
Good luck.

Reactions: lgans316
My copy is still sealed and sat on the shelf has I didn't see the point of opening it with being region A locked, and just incase zavvi popped one out. So I'll wait for the UK disk to be released :naughty:.

Reactions: rawdonwhite