[Closed-see Wreck's update)(Universal 100) (Play.com) Landscape Art & No Inside Art!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Steel

It's not an 'S'
Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
Warwickshire, United Kingdom.
New News:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/15173/

Previous update:

Thanks to Wreck we have now found out that the steels will feature LANDSCAPE ART and NO INSIDE ART, with the possibility of having no back art either (to be confirmed).

I don't know about you guys, but I am fuming! :angry: It's like having a steelbook and taking a massive dump on it.... I had such high hopes for this from both Universal and Play.com - but it looks like I'm going to have to pass completely.

So guys.... How do you feel about this news? This is a good chance for us the consumers to voice our opinions.

Note to Mods: if this news turns out to be wrong by all means please delete this thread.[/SPILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
im also very angry about this, they have just lost my money for this wave. and a real shame with there being an the incredible hulk steel that they have now ruined with landscape arrrrr!!

Very disappointed with the news, but I'll still no doubt buy a few

That's a good news for my wallet. Will only pick up Hulk's and forget the rest then... Horizontal blew it off for me. Inside art, I don't really care if the price is low, but WHY change the way steelz are suppose to be displayed???

Too bad... was expecting maybe to get a lot of these :(

this ruins the whole set... I guess I'll be getting the German The Thing (1982)
they should keep it horizontal! Landscape art sucks!

From a practical point of view, with most movie artwork and promotional posters being portrait wouldn't it actually also be easier to keep them that way?

Please note re German version...when Masterblaster originally posted the list of those in his Group buy thread the title on certain Steels inc this one was German. Not sure if it was just listed that way in computer but just something to keep in mind if non English titles give you diarrhea....

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

If I'm reading this correctly, landscape is equivalent to horizontal. Is that correct?

I had so high hopes for this release .I wanted : The Thing , Hot Fuzz , Shaun of the Dead ,The Hulk and Children of Men .

Now I know why I didn't make flks commit in the Group Buy. Some would be having apoplexy if they had. If the Mods don't mind I'll use this "arena" to say:-

"Don't all rush in at once and cancel everything. Nothing's been ordered yet, so just wait for final artwork and prices and then make your decision." Thanks

If I'm reading this correctly, landscape is equivalent to horizontal. Is that correct?
Yup

I thought many would welcome Landscape ... thought there was a lot of horizontal art lovers?

Regardless let your feelings be heard - since artwork is not final so it seems I will pass this thread on *NOW* so at least the folks in the decision making can see this. It might sway some of the art choices if not all.

Personally, I don't have a problem with horizontal steelbooks. Although, I have a big problem with waves if they are going to be cheaply done. If you want to look at successful waves, look no further than the WB and Alliance waves to come out of Canada. That's how you do waves of steelbooks.

Reactions: biscuitnoir
I agree with darczap. Cheaply done is worse than horizontal. That being said, I will think twice on most titles in that wave if they turn out to be horizontal.

Haven't Universal and Play noticed the fuss about the Drive HMV release at all? It wasn't just the odd availability online that made it so hot, but the steelbook is really well made except for lack of inside art. If they do a wave like that they will sell out in no time. And that should be their main concern imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.