3rd Annual HDN SteelBook™ of the Year [Winner: Who Framed Roger Rabbit]

The 25 Hidefninja.com Steelbook™ of the Year nominees are...

• Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy USA Exclusive)

Votes: 53 11.6%
  • Pacific Rim (Worldwide)

Votes: 24 5.3%
  • Who Framed Rogger Rabbit? (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 133 29.1%
  • T2 (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 99 21.7%
  • Life of Pi (Worldwide)

Votes: 45 9.8%
  • Tangled (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 100 21.9%
  • Jack Reacher (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Aladdin (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 112 24.5%
  • Predator 3D (Media Markt Exclusive)

Votes: 45 9.8%
  • The Last Stand-Gold Edition (Media Markt Exclusive)

Votes: 65 14.2%
  • Forbidden Planet (Entertainment Store Exclusive)

Votes: 88 19.3%
  • Kick Ass 2 (Worldwide)

Votes: 70 15.3%
  • Iron Sky (Japan)

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Lawrence of Arabia (HDZeta Exclusive)

Votes: 63 13.8%
  • Taxi Driver (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 52 11.4%
  • Wreck-it Ralph (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 58 12.7%
  • Django (Worldwide)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Oz The Great and Powerful (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 101 22.1%
  • Man of Steel (Walmart USA Exclusive)

Votes: 34 7.4%
  • Finding Nemo (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 57 12.5%
  • World War Z (Entertainment Store Exclusive)

Votes: 94 20.6%
  • Monsters Inc (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 41 9.0%
  • Skyfall (Worldwide)

Votes: 32 7.0%
  • Iron Man 3 (Taiwan)

Votes: 32 7.0%
  • Face Off (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 81 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Voting ended 1/31/2014. 2013 Winner : Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi Exclusive)

logo.gif

Hello HDN!

It's was an exciting year in 2013, with classic and new titles receiving the Steelbook™ treatment. As in years past, I have tallied all of your suggestions from the nomination threads and it's time for you all to vote for your favorites from our 25 most nominated contenders. Past winners include Thor and The Raid. 2013 Winner: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Please remember that you can only vote 1 time, but you can vote for multiple titles when you vote.

Here's a video I made for this year as a 'ninja recap' of the 25 most nominated Steelbooks. Turn the sound up/use headphones, if you wish to see it with music.

You can see the video here on HDN's Official Youtube Channel, along with many other individual Steelbook videos created by our very own Snollygoster (Productions). After you check it out the recap, just come back to the forum and cast your votes.

Voting starts right here in our poll, today and ends 1/31. Have fun everyone!

Last edited:
Hey Scar-yes, the site has grown in membership since the 1st year we did the vote, and we certainly had increasingly more members vote for that reason, as well. Thanks for chiming in!

Reactions: Scarface
Glad that Who Framed Roger Rabit won, but still surprised that Star Trek: Into Darkness (ES, Hero Edition) didn't even get nominated, that would have been my number 2 steelbook of the year.

Just my opinion, but I am also glad that Who Framed Roger Rabbit? also won! One of my favourite steels, and more importantly, this is how I found this forum!!

I can't believe I completely missed this vote! EEK! But the right one won in my opinion. I would have also voted Roger Rabbit.

But I think you should be able to vote for 1 steelbook only, or at least make the top-5 list first and then select the best one like someone already suggested.

Thor was the winner with the lowest score of 51 out of the last three years, It looks like not many people voted that year.

Hey Scar-yes, the site has grown in membership since the 1st year we did the vote, and we certainly had increasingly more members vote for that reason, as well. Thanks for chiming in!

If I remember correctly the voting was done in a completely different way back then. All nominated steelbook's started out with 10 points each and then once a day each user could give +1 and -1 to 2 separete steel's.
It was a lot of fun and took a long time to decide the winner.
I personally would have prefered if this method of voting had been done the following years as well. Perhaps with a higher starting scoring than 10 since the site is so big now.

just my 2 cents.

If I remember correctly the voting was done in a completely different way back then. All nominated steelbook's started out with 10 points each and then once a day each user could give +1 and -1 to 2 separete steel's.
It was a lot of fun and took a long time to decide the winner.
I personally would have prefered if this method of voting had been done the following years as well. Perhaps with a higher starting scoring than 10 since the site is so big now.

just my 2 cents.

Hi Dirty, thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, you may be referring to something like this 'Steelbook Popularity Game' thread, or something similar in Feedback/Chat area?

Our Official 'Steelbook of the Year vote' though, has always been done as it was done this year, with a nomination thread for several months before, and then a voting thread for the top nominees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dirty, thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, you may be referring to something like this 'Steelbook Popularity Game' thread, or something similar in Feedback/Chat area?

Our Official 'Steelbook of the Year vote' though, has always been done as it was done this year, with a nomination thread for several months before, and then a voting thread for the top nominees.

That's the thread I was refering to. I was new here then so maybe I got it wrong...

Do you have a link to that years poll?

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote went to the KING KONG Reel Heroes Steelb...

WAIT! That wasn't even on the list! :p

I didn't vote for it but its awesome that Roger Rabbit won, I just wish I owned the Steelbook :(