3rd Annual HDN SteelBook™ of the Year [Winner: Who Framed Roger Rabbit]

The 25 Hidefninja.com Steelbook™ of the Year nominees are...

• Zero Dark Thirty (Best Buy USA Exclusive)

Votes: 53 11.6%
  • Pacific Rim (Worldwide)

Votes: 24 5.3%
  • Who Framed Rogger Rabbit? (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 133 29.1%
  • T2 (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 99 21.7%
  • Life of Pi (Worldwide)

Votes: 45 9.8%
  • Tangled (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 100 21.9%
  • Jack Reacher (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Aladdin (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 112 24.5%
  • Predator 3D (Media Markt Exclusive)

Votes: 45 9.8%
  • The Last Stand-Gold Edition (Media Markt Exclusive)

Votes: 65 14.2%
  • Forbidden Planet (Entertainment Store Exclusive)

Votes: 88 19.3%
  • Kick Ass 2 (Worldwide)

Votes: 70 15.3%
  • Iron Sky (Japan)

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Lawrence of Arabia (HDZeta Exclusive)

Votes: 63 13.8%
  • Taxi Driver (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 52 11.4%
  • Wreck-it Ralph (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 58 12.7%
  • Django (Worldwide)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Oz The Great and Powerful (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 101 22.1%
  • Man of Steel (Walmart USA Exclusive)

Votes: 34 7.4%
  • Finding Nemo (Zavvi Exclusive)

Votes: 57 12.5%
  • World War Z (Entertainment Store Exclusive)

Votes: 94 20.6%
  • Monsters Inc (Kimchi Exclusive)

Votes: 41 9.0%
  • Skyfall (Worldwide)

Votes: 32 7.0%
  • Iron Man 3 (Taiwan)

Votes: 32 7.0%
  • Face Off (Blufans Exclusive)

Votes: 81 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Voting ended 1/31/2014. 2013 Winner : Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Zavvi Exclusive)

logo.gif

Hello HDN!

It's was an exciting year in 2013, with classic and new titles receiving the Steelbook™ treatment. As in years past, I have tallied all of your suggestions from the nomination threads and it's time for you all to vote for your favorites from our 25 most nominated contenders. Past winners include Thor and The Raid. 2013 Winner: Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Please remember that you can only vote 1 time, but you can vote for multiple titles when you vote.

Here's a video I made for this year as a 'ninja recap' of the 25 most nominated Steelbooks. Turn the sound up/use headphones, if you wish to see it with music.

You can see the video here on HDN's Official Youtube Channel, along with many other individual Steelbook videos created by our very own Snollygoster (Productions). After you check it out the recap, just come back to the forum and cast your votes.

Voting starts right here in our poll, today and ends 1/31. Have fun everyone!

Last edited:
My top 5:

5 - World War Z (Entertainment Store Exclusive) and Lawrence of Arabia (HDZeta Exclusive)
4 - Kick Ass 2 (Worldwide)
3 - Face Off (Blufans Exclusive)
2 - Who Framed Rogger Rabbit? (Zavvi Exclusive)

1 - Oz The Great and Powerful (Blufans Exclusive)

Voted!

I voted for:
WWZ, even though the back is lazy, the design and finish are great and I like my number
(1666).
ZDT. Just like this design.
Roger Rabbit. Even though the "25th" bit is annoying as hell (it really knocks the title, they could have centred it) I think its got great embossing and colours. I like that when you look inside and the embossing it looks like he has run into it and left that dent).

Last edited:
Hey guys, we appreciate the feedback, but we're not changing the voting rules in the middle of the vote:) The reason we allowed multiple choice is because there was a very, very large amount of releases, and we wanted everyone to be able to have a voice for all of their favorites . As I said earlier in the thread, it looks like the most voted for Steelbooks match closely the most nominated ones as well. 2 days left to vote-thanks everyone for participating at hidefninja.com!

Reactions: mlmaier84
I think we should take the top 5 and then have a revote and you can only pick one.

I agree with Chiperooski. A lot of people got shafted voting for multiple titles. Not everyone fully understood the process. I know I was one of those who got freejacked by this voting system. Taking the top 5 vote getters, then just having a single vote for your favorite would represent a way more accurate measure for steelbook of the year. The votes are spread way too thin when choosing between 20-30 different titles.

PS. I forgot to mention that Epic (Fr), with the 2 green stickers on the bottom shoulda made the list. It woulda beat out that Roger Rabbit fosho.

Last edited:
Hey guys, the instructions on how to vote were posted in the 1st post from the beginning in this year's poll, as well as the 2 previous years' polls.

2011 voting thread 1st Annual vote Winner: Thor

2012 voting thread 2nd Annual vote Winner: The Raid UK

This year there were a number of 'favorites' which were mentioned in the nominations threads (very few people could even choose 1 or 2 nominations because there were a number of quality releases this year % wise, vs the # of total Steelbooks released). The only way to give the entire community a representative vote of those 'most nominated', was to again (as in 2011 and 2012)allow everyone to pick from the 25 most nominated (people had over 6 months to chime in on favorites for the entire year).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Marco86