47 Ronin (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Nov 29, 2012
Release date: June 5, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €27.99

81pQrSa1IjL._SL1500_.jpg
According to another site, this is the full artwork. Universal are destroying every other studio with their designs at the moment. Please get a UK release!

View attachment 60083

View attachment 60084

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys can always inform Amazon.DE about "lower price elsewhere" and see if they will price match it. They only ask you to inform the link to the cheaper item, it's price and the shipping costs at the other store.

Reactions: Shadow of Light
It Worked!

You guys can always inform Amazon.DE about "lower price elsewhere" and see if they will price match it. They only ask you to inform the link to the cheaper item, it's price and the shipping costs at the other store.

Took your advice and they actually complied for my order:

Dear Customer,

We are definitely interested in an attractive pricing policy for you. This means that we always try to offer items in our shop at very special prices.

However, under the circumstances, I have changed the price of the item manually to 23,99 EUR as an exception. The new price will appear on your invoice.

The new price can be seen under "My Account"

With the hope I could have been of assistance to you. I wish you a nice and pleasant day!

Warmest regards,

Final price before shipping: €20.16
OH YEAH, BABY! :oohyeah:

Reactions: lgans316
I tried as well, but still ages to go before this is out, so im willing to bet this will get a lower price soon

It probably will be released next month, actually, the "December, 30" date in the steel's page is just a place holder.

The email from amazon's cust. serv. to shadow stated the following (emphasis mine) "under the circumstances, I have changed the price of the item manually to 23,99 EUR as an exception" so it could have been an overzealous agent or maybe you guys didn't ask nicely enough? :p

Kidding aside, this will either drop in price by release day or maybe if they see enough cancellations where the reason given is "found cheaper elsewhere" they might reconsider, just a thought.

The email from amazon's cust. serv. to shadow stated the following (emphasis mine) "under the circumstances, I have changed the price of the item manually to 23,99 EUR as an exception" so it could have been an overzealous agent or maybe you guys didn't ask nicely enough? :p

Kidding aside, this will either drop in price by release day or maybe if they see enough cancellations where the reason given is "found cheaper elsewhere" they might reconsider, just a thought.

I didn't do anything special. I asked if they would be dropping the price on the site and did a side by side comparison in my email providing a link to amazon's price and cede's price.

Guess I just got lucky! :naughty:

ive tried uk amazon in the past the only way they change price if masses cancel quoting other sites more than one and they start loose orders in a big way.
Otherwise they tell you go buy elsewhere if you want, its a machine at the end of the day.
be same at german one.

I suspect this one will still sell out quick and for a few euros is it really worth it??? I wonder how many people will miss out on this and then moan they could not get it and they didn't think will sell out.
It happens again and again on different steels, we will see.

basil :thumbs:

Really liking the look of this steelbook haven't checked if there is a UK version but hopefully it's as good.

It seems the UK is just getting a lenticular slip version for the 3D, unless someone like 'Entertainment Store' announces an exclusive steelbook