Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
hey HiDefNinja members!

A number of you have pm'd me over the last few days asking about surfury (Dave) and some of the outstanding items he has for you.

I thought it best to contact him directly and give you an update as best as I can.

By Dave's own admission, he has taken on too many group buys all at once. As you can see by the requesting list, there are in some group buys, hundreds of copies requested. Unfortunately, he fell behind some time ago with some different problems that popped up.

Many of you have additionally requested to combine shipping on these items, even with group buys that just arrived to him.

Given that many of you have outstanding items across many of his group buys, you'll note that each one of these has to be individually weighed and invoiced in terms of shipping to give you an accurate quote.

I know that many of you are very worried right now, but I would like to assure you that Dave is working behind the scenes as best as he can to catch up on this massive amount of steel.

From my own personal standpoint, I would like to mention that Dave has never let me down, or the forum down in terms of not delivering items - I have complete confidence that you will receive these items, even if there are additional delays.

As such you'll note that Dave is not taking on any additional group buys from this calendar year for any titles not yet announced.

However, when possible for this current calendar year, HDN ourselves will be hosting a group buy, or in some cases, we can see other trusted members in the UK are helping.

Wreck and myself are working on doing anything we can to assist Dave in any manner he needs.

Please keep track of this thread - I'll try and post any updates I can that may benefit you all.

**Note that Dave has requested if you are truly concerned about your items that you can certainly e-mail him (rather than PM), those concerns.

I will do my best to assist via PM if you'd rather contact me, however, please give me a day or so to catch up before re-pm'ing.

If it helps any, I do believe we've got a system now in place where we do not have to put all the group buy responsibilities on one person, and I'm thankful we've had other members that have been able to step in and assist all of you members acquire the titles you are seeking without having to pay e-bay prices or markups.

Thank you.

Organizing GB is already something time consuming, combining them is a nightmare!
I'm 100% with Dave and hope you guys understand that we GB leader are here to help but sometime, with all the many release, it can easily get bigger than we thought.

Yes, Dave is a great guy (he has helped me with dozens and dozens of items in the past and has a heart of gold). I look forward to hearing news that everyone's outstanding items, including a few of mine are shipped. Hang in there everyone and thanks for your understanding during this time.

I have all my faith in DAve , he' s awesome, but I think what worries is that members don't hear from him, I think it will help if he just drops a line here and there to alivate those who don't know him and are preoccupied about their items! Thanks Andy for be there too!

Firstly thanks to Andy for the OP and explaining the basic situation. As I said to him, hindsight is the best way of looking at things and there at least 3 things I would done differently given the chance. One major thing I have learned is never combine GB's as the savings are minimal, trust me they are 2-3$ a time that's all, as Royal Mail have an upper weight limit of 2Kg (around 7-8 single Steelbooks).

One point Andy made clear which I would re-iterate though, is if you know my email address and you should if you've paid me, can you send correspondence there. Two things I would ask though, please restrict it to EXTREMELY URGENT or PRIVATE matters only and make sure it has your boardname on it, whether I correspond with you regularly or not, you might care to copy Andy (or one of the trading mods in at the same time, don't overload Andy though :rolleyes:). Any without boardname will be binned, harsh maybe but it is not fair on the others that do. You might want to put in your PP address if it isn't your standard email address.

@ tono : I think you hit the nail on the head and maybe moving forward GB Leaders need a personal thread where they can hang their news. Would certainly have helped me, but my comms have left a lot to be desired which not only disappoints you, the member, but me as well.

FYI
The GB's I am currently finishing off are:
  1. [JUST ABOUT TO CLOSE]Play.com Exclusives - Bad Boys, Black Hawk Down, Goldeneye, Zombieland
  2. [CLOSED]Paramount Wave 4 (The Untouchables and Top Gun - Play.com Exclusive) + The Evil Dead, Hellboy and Ghostbusters
  3. [CLOSED]Men in Black Trilogy Boxset (Play.com Exclusive)
  4. [CLOSED]Paramount Centenary Wave 3 (Collateral, Transformers, War of the Worlds, Watchmen - Play.com Exclusive)
  5. [CLOSED]Buena Vista Wave (Armageddon, Con Air, Die Hard with a Vengence and The Rock)(Play.com Exclusives)
  6. [CLOSED]Paramount Wave 2 (Forrest Gump, Shutter Island, Zulu, The Godfather Trilogy) (Play.com Exclusive)
  7. [CLOSED]Prometheus 3D (Play.com Exclusive)
  8. [CLOSED]Paramount Wave 1 (Iron Man 1 and 2, Saving Private Ryan and Shooter) (Play.com Exclusive)
  9. [CLOSED]The Terminator (Play.com Exclusive)
  10. [CLOSED]Universal 100 Wave 2 (Pitch Black, Serenity, The Thing, The Bourne Trilogy (Play.com Exclusive)
  11. [CLOSED]Universal 100 Wave 3 (Carlito's Way, Children of Men, Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim, The Frighteners) (Play.com Exclusive)

Looking forward in the short term I will be updating ALL of the above with new Spreadsheet captures. Pink means paid, Light Green means posted and Dark Green means received, that's if you've told me or not. Issues regarding received Steels we'll tackle separately if that's OK.

I will return with vigour in 2013 as in the longer term, if folks still want to do GB's with me which I hope they will and it is my intention to send out Paypal Invoices to your regular PP account. I have already been experimenting and it is certainly much simpler. Any future tips I would ask to be sent as Amz.co.uk, Amz.de or Amz.fr GC's that's if you think I deserve them. :rolleyes:

Once again thanks to the whole community for standing behind me :scat: even if I have let a lot of you down. I promise from the bottom of my heart that this wouln't happen again, mind didn't expect to be in this place in the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
DAVE Don't stress buddy,every one's behind you my friend...wish i was there so i could give you a hand mate...:scat: On second thought,probably be better off if i wasn't :hilarious:

Thanks for the update mate.:D

I think people just need to remember that Dave is doing us a favor at great expense to his own time. I'm still pretty new to the forum, but I can easily understand how time consuming this would be. Take your time, Dave, and get it all done when you can. None of us are going to die without our Steelbooks...

YOU CAN DO IT!:hilarious: not really! Thanks for the update! See all members in the GB'S that's all they need! To feel you around! Thanks Dave, but on another note; I'm the one should complaint since you owe me the Godfather still, from way back :hilarious: I WANT MY STEELBOOKS! I WANT MY STEELBOOKS! Just kiddin':hilarious:

Last edited:
Reactions: surfury
People need to remember that jobs/employment and especially family require some hours in the day also. I've been waiting 6 weeks for one of Dave's group buys, and have no idea when or if he has even sent it yet. You know what - "it arrives when it arrives". I have complete faith in Dave and his track record speaks volumes, as it does for 99% of this forums members. I have never once thought of needing an update or pm'ing Dave with the whereabouts of my package. 3 months and I'd maybe start worrying :p

Reactions: surfury
Status
Not open for further replies.