Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Following the discussion on the marks on this steel I finally opened mine and yep lines all the way down but not deep scratches. This is the 1st time I have had this issue and as it was done through the group buy any ideas on what I need to do?
Thanks

Following the discussion on the marks on this steel I finally opened mine and yep lines all the way down but not deep scratches. This is the 1st time I have had this issue and as it was done through the group buy any ideas on what I need to do?
Thanks
Contact the GB host with pics and brief description of the faults. Hopefully they'll be able to arrange for a replacement to be sent with your next order.

Thing I don’t get is nearly every manta steel I’ve got I’ve had to arrange for a replacement due to damage of some sort but the replacement is always mint lol

They make lovely steels but quality control isn’t great until you get a replacement :confused:

Thing I don’t get is nearly every manta steel I’ve got I’ve had to arrange for a replacement due to damage of some sort but the replacement is always mint lol

They make lovely steels but quality control isn’t great until you get a replacement :confused:
Looks like one of the many having issues with release. My lenti b has a few deep scratches in the hokofoil sections and my steelbook, well, looks like Freddy Kruger was packaging it up! Not impressed
Can't upload photos as too large, but trust me it's really bad

Manta, sort your quality control out, you were my favourites, but you ain't now. Every release has had an issue, but it's been minor so I've lived with it, but this is ridiculous

Attachments

• IMG_3408.JPG
    IMG_3408.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 162

Same with my Logan steel, replacement totally mint, not a single surface scratch. Then I have only Kingsman and as far as I remember this one is mint.

Let´s just hope they keep the tradition with mint replacements :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Looks like one of the many having issues with release. My lenti b has a few deep scratches in the hokofoil sections and my steelbook, well, looks like Freddy Kruger was packaging it up! Not impressed

Manta, sort your quality control out, you were my favourites, but you ain't now. Every release has had an issue, but it's been minor so I've lived with it, but this is ridiculous

lol sorry I know it´s not funny at all but this line cracked me up :hilarious:

Looks like I have started an avalanche :LOL: and something´s tell me that Manta customer service employees will get avalanche of pissed off emails Monday morning....

It is really annoying, but if I can get a replacement and that arrives fine then it don’t bother me as much. Same with nova. But I worry now when a kimchi turns up f*cked

Basically out of the current manta exclusives i own the revenant & Constantine are the only ones I haven’t had to contact them over. But they have had great customer service (same goes for nova in my experience)

Same with my Logan steel, replacement totally mint, not a single surface scratch. Then I have only Kingsman and as far as I remember this one is mint.

Let´s just hope they keep the tradition with mint replacements :hilarious:

Maybe it’s because it’s easier to check a few instead of a few thousand in a batch of quality checking before putting packages together and shipping them

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta

Sorry to see that buddy. You are now officially part of the defect brigade :pain::bag: Good to see your spirits are still high and you've done the dishes for your wife :hilarious:

Well atleast you guys got your steels, mine didn't even get handed over for shipping till the 7th of this month... Anticipation declining with this release given the rising amount of scratched cases being found

Their customer service is top notch and that's a fact but prevention is better than rectification. I've had several issues between scratched steels, lentis, my Logan special box was missed off my shipment and now my Alien Covenant order was dispatched mega late despite paying months ago.

Maybe getting these exclusive releases pumped out is causing them to slip in other areas.

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
Their customer service is top notch and that's a fact but prevention is better than rectification. I've had several issues between scratched steels, lentis, my Logan special box was missed off my shipment and now my Alien Covenant order was dispatched mega late despite paying months ago.

Maybe getting these exclusive releases pumped out is causing them to slip in other areas.
Do you buy direct or via GB? I was really surprised to hear about all the late shipments. I usually buy direct from Manta, and I always get dispatch notifications during the first day/round of shipments (as far as I can tell, anyway).

:LOL:
I’m not that close

Also got a replacement coming with Wonder Woman

Hope you get yours sorted @Hereticz

Here’s mine - top right. Also have them on the front

View attachment 343952
No late night calls to Manta HQ then, I take it? :LOL:

And what’s this inside info on the La La Land FS? :woot:

Really curious how they plan on finishing that slip. With that art, the proper treatment could mean the difference between bland and spectacular.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Even if the retailers send us replacements I think such a bad QC is not tolerable. And jugding by how many of our members are already affected by these damages, I don't think these are the exception. Thus we have to assume that the damaged steels were shipped on purpose.