Alien: Covenant (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 10) [Hong Kong]

martinouchou

Premium Supporter
Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: October 20, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti A - Lenti B - One Click (Pre-order on August 25 at 6 PM HK time)
Price: $41.99 (Individual editions) - $125.97 (One Click)
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenticular A - Lenticular B
Notes: 2500 numbered copies (One Click 400 + Full Slip 400 + Lenti A 500 + Lenti B 400)

Fullslip.jpgLenti A.jpgLenti B.jpgBoxset.jpg

20626843_1473762832733820_2459998244172256503_o.jpg
[ME#10] Alien: Covenant Steelbook
We watched the movie and loved it which means we are making the exclusive steelbook for the Alien Covenant! Steelbook has been approved. We are aiming for the Late September release and hope that the rest of process goes smoothly.
19601344_1439357456174358_4844366141747089836_n.jpg
201708002-alien_covenant_LS-A_lenti_3D_1024x1024.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Outrageous! Another steelbook from Manta with loads....LOADS of scratches! EEK!:mad: Im so pissed off because it is such a stunning steelbook, the quality of print, awesome artwork and proper full gloss almost like a mirror, but such a bad quality control and handling by manufacturers/assemblers :angry:. Immediate email to Manta, I really hope they still have some spare ones, coz I don´t want money back and certainly don´t want such a scratched steelbook in collection.

View attachment 343915 View attachment 343916

Oops. That is way too much mate. Hoping you are replaced with a mint copy.

Reactions: Hereticz
Wow..that are really heavy scratches. I hope they have a replacement steel for you. I think i open one of the OC slips and see if everything is alright with the steel.

Do that, better to be sure. Besides, this steel really needs to be opened, real stunner in hand.

Maybe Manta notice the scratched copies but chance despatching them on the off chance they'll be going to a 'sealed' collector

Otherwise, I don't know how this could have possibly been missed

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
Outrageous! Another steelbook from Manta with loads....LOADS of scratches! EEK!:mad: Im so pissed off because it is such a stunning steelbook, the quality of print, awesome artwork and proper full gloss almost like a mirror, but such a bad quality control and handling by manufacturers/assemblers :angry:. Immediate email to Manta, I really hope they still have some spare ones, coz I don´t want money back and certainly don´t want such a scratched steelbook in collection.

View attachment 343915 View attachment 343916
Had similar scratches on both of mine (plus a few chips). Contacted John already at Manta, and he’s arranged for replacements when my Wonder Women set ships.

Drop them a message and you’ll be taken care of. Manta’s customer service is the best of the bunch. :thumbs:

If you run into any trouble, just tell them @Flloydo sent you. As I understand it, he’s closer with Manta than @paulboland is with Zavvi. :naughty:

:rofl:

Last edited:
Had similar scratches on both of mine (plus a few chips). Contacted John already at Manta, and he’s arranged for replacements when my Wonder Women set ships.

Drop them a message and you’ll be taken care of. Manta’s customer service is the best of the bunch. :thumbs:

If you run into any trouble, just tell them @Flloydo sent you. As I understand it, he’s closer with Manta than @paulband is with Zavvi. :naughty::rofl:

Yes I already shoot an email, I have no doubts that they wouldn´t take care of me, I only hope they still have some spare steelbooks left in stock, otherwise Im f*cked.

Didn´t mention @Flloydo though :hilarious::D

View attachment 343924

I also have a few but deep scratches :(

Sh*t man, see? I hope they will sort you out as well. I think there must be loads of copies scratched like that....

Yes I already shoot an email, I have no doubts that they wouldn´t take care of me, I only hope they still have some spare steelbooks left in stock, otherwise Im f*cked.

Sh*t man, see? I hope they will sort you out as well. I think there must be loads of copies scratched like that....

Although i am not very sensitive to tiny paint chips and scratches this is too much. You can feel these scratches with the finger. First time i send a message now to Manta Lab. And yes, great steelbook :thumbs:

If you run into any trouble, just tell them @Flloydo sent you. As I understand it, he’s closer with Manta than @paulboland is with Zavvi. :naughty:

:rofl:

:LOL:
I’m not that close

Also got a replacement coming with Wonder Woman

Hope you get yours sorted @Hereticz

Here’s mine - top right. Also have them on the front

C1B3B293-4770-4AED-B9A4-CBBDA527738A.jpeg

@misformatt actually saying that I’ve just had a email from John going into a bit more detail on the finish of the la la land full slip

@Hereticz I opened mine today (been meaning to for a while, just been busy :yawn::sleep:) and my copy is also covered in hairline scratches :mad: (But damn, not to the extent of yours! EEK!). The ones I have aren't "deep scratches", but they're glaringly obvious to the naked eye and I'm disappointed in Manta yet again to receive a premium WEA steelbook in this condition o_O:facepalm: My copy also has weird swirly scratches, paint chips and the debossed title isn't exactly neatly aligned either (although that was the least worst and bothersome thing about it :LOL::rolleyes:).

Quite simply, shockingly sh!t QC :meh:

Pisses me off when we have to spend time taking photos, writing emails and then waiting a long time to receive a replacement bearing in mind how much we spend on these things :grumpy::squint:

It wasn't easy to capture in photos but you'll get the idea... :pompus:
20171111_143113[1].jpg
20171111_143239[1].jpg
20171111_143203[1].jpg
20171111_143300[1].jpg
20171111_143221[1].jpg
20171111_143322[1].jpg
20171111_143345[1].jpg

Geez, sorry to hear that you guys have the same problem, that´s really sad how this steelbook turns out to be so problematic, the more it hurts when it is such a beauty :(:grumpy:. I have no other words on how badly people from production must have treated those steels, and then the "quality control" heh I start to think there is none!

Such a shame...

I hope we all get sorted

Hopefully John has a spare pallet or two of completely mint steels to fulfil all these damage requests :p

Yeah well that´s the other thing I was thinking about, even though they still have plenty spare ones, there is no guarantee that those are not going to have the same issue :ohno:

Geez, sorry to hear that you guys have the same problem, that´s really sad how this steelbook turns out to be so problematic, the more it hurts when it is such a beauty :(:grumpy:. I have no other words on how badly people from production must have treated those steels, and then the "quality control" heh I start to think there is none!

Such a shame...

I hope we all get sorted

It’s like it follows. This and that are actually 2 of my favourite steels but both with major issues

Sorry to see that @Mickle_89 & @nekromantik

• Thanks
Well I'm in a right pickle now. I bought one of each lenti and was planning on keeping them sealed until I knew whether I'd be getting the full Alien set with Manta or FAC. But now I could be sitting on 2 damaged steelbooks that might not be refundable by the time I open them or sell them on to someone else.

What to do...? :dunno: