Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem with amazon.co.jp is you never know if they are gonna ship an item by itself inside a envelope.

Yeah, even though I always make sure to order more than 1 unit to get the box (still better than the envelope despite it falling apart!), and specify that I want items grouped, they STILL sometimes split orders and use the card mailers. Can be very frustrating...

Yeah, even though I always make sure to order more than 1 unit to get the box (still better than the envelope despite it falling apart!), and specify that I want items grouped, they STILL sometimes split orders and use the card mailers. Can be very frustrating...

I had that happen with Paul. I was like :ohno: when I saw it departed and thinking oh gosh its gonna be damaged. Lucked out. :hilarious:

i wish I got a box like that ... I got that cardboard thing that conforms to the product like a bubble mailer kinda but not bubble. My TDKR although unscathed had the black box it came with smashed.

That sucks - I was a bit concerned about that myself and ended up ordering a couple more steels just for that reason. They shipped in a bigger box, thankfully.

USA customs opened the box though - luckily they did not open the steels. :thumbs:

This has to do with billing. It always seems like everytime a bunch of steels come out on amazon.co.jp that my bank puts a hold on my cc because of fraud protection. It doesn't matter how many times I call my bank and tell them I do a lot of business and sometimes multiple charges will come on the same day.

So I call my bank they take the hold off on it, but I go back to amazon and have them rehit the card and it still shows that I need to change the payment or try another funding source. There is nothing I can do. I keep going back and try again and again. Is it because it is after hours in Japan or something?

Has anyone else encounterd this issue. Gets frustrating when the items that you ordered are OOS and I don't want to miss out on them.

Anyone from Canada remember how much taxes/duties are charged?

I remember someone telling me that Amazon.jp ships with DHL or Fedex to Canada, so there will definitely be charges.

This happened to anyone else, I was trying to save on shipping by ordering 2 steelbooks, one for my and the other for my friend. I got this message.

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.

It doesn't let me purchase 2 of the same steelbook at the same time. The quantity gets changed to one at that message screen. WTF.

This happened to anyone else, I was trying to save on shipping by ordering 2 steelbooks, one for my and the other for my friend. I got this message.

It doesn't let me purchase 2 of the same steelbook at the same time. The quantity gets changed to one at that message screen. WTF.

Amazon JP has been limiting oversea purchases of high value items like steelbooks to one copy per order for almost a year now. There are ways to order more copies of the same item - members have posted suggestions here and elsewhere (check the Amazon JP steelbook threads).

Amazon JP has been limiting oversea purchases of high value items like steelbooks to one copy per order for almost a year now. There are ways to order more copies of the same item - members have posted suggestions here and elsewhere (check the Amazon JP steelbook threads).

thanks. will do a search.

I found that when you buy from Amazon Japan that a good idea is to buy more than 1 steel. Because only 1 steel shipped to the UK works out to be £22, whereas later on I ordered 3 and it cost only a fiver more at £27. Both times I was also charged roughly £16 for custom duties/VAT (or whatever it is). I had to pay this at my front door, otherwise I wasn't allowed to have the goods! After you order online make sure you have some cash in your wallet for when it arrives!

Received an order via DHL today, 2 steels in separate flimsy mailers, 3 others packaged well in a box. All arrived mint. What blew me away was it took only one day from Japan to US. EEK!

Reactions: SlimJim24
I've been lucky thus far when my order has been shipped in an envelope but I know it's only a matter of time before I get nailed.

I try to order more than an item at a time but have had orders split and shipped separately.

Has anyone returned an item from Amazon-JP? I've received another item that was damaged with split shrink wrap and frayed slip on the corners. It was put inside a gift card envelope and that was shrink wrapped to a card base and then stuck to the packing box. None of the packaging was damaged so it must have been in that condition before it was packed.

I returned it to Amazon along with another steel that had a paint scuff on the bottom. They insist on insurance and the only shipping option that has this is EMS, so I had no choice but to use that. Very expensive...

Does anyone know if they refund the return shipping cost? Or is it a flat rate they will pay

Thanks

Last edited:
I've only returned one item to them recently, and I *think* they gave me the option of just keeping it. I say 'think' because I received a very long email in Japanese regarding the return and I just could not decipher it, no matter which online translator I used. In the end I decided to send it back anyway because I didn't want the whole thing to be mishandled and for my card to be charged again (they sent a replacement immediately, without waiting for a return). But the email began with comments like 'as you are an international customer' and 'as this would be very expensive for you to return...' The rest I just couldn't translate, so I don't know what they were offering. But in light of others' comments it seems likely that it was an offer to keep the damaged steel. Like I say though, just couldn't make sense of the email. :rolleyes:

Now whether that was a one-time offer only or regular policy I don't know, but it seems that it is something they will sometimes do. The qualifying criteria for it seem fairly obscure though. Maybe someone else can offer a better explanation, because I'd like to know too!

Reactions: domalorite
I would email them a scan of the receipt or invoice and request reimbursement. In the future though, I think you can insure packages if you purchase postage through online postage services like stamps.com. It's a lot cheaper than sending Express.

Reactions: domalorite
I sent a package with 8 steels in it to amazon Japan and they refused the package and I got it sent back. LOL. Turning into a huge hassle at this point.

Sent express.

And did they refund your return shipping costs?

My return has been delivered so waiting on the next stage.

I sent a package with 8 steels in it to amazon Japan and they refused the package and I got it sent back. LOL. Turning into a huge hassle at this point.

Sent express.

why are you guys , sending Steelz back to amazon Japan? apart from the Obvious , that they are damaged ??

I never send any thing back to them !!

even last week , I got 4 Steelz sent from them, & the box was open, ect, ect.. so I knew it was gonna be disastrous :ohno:

But only 2 bad ones , so sent Email to Customer Service , then 2 hours later , got confirmation that 2 were being sent out, plz dispose of damages for them :)

allays have done thing with them this way , that is why I love them :drool:

Best Customer Care I ever experience ..

But only 2 bad ones , so sent Email to Customer Service , then 2 hours later , got confirmation that 2 were being sent out, plz dispose of damages for them :)

allays have done thing with them this way , that is why I love them :drool:

Seems like you are getting VIP treatment there mate! ;) I think for most they don't do this, so I'm wondering what it is that you're doing different? (apart from bribing the right people? :naughty:)

Is is that you don't process the returns through the 'return merchandise' option under 'Your orders' and just email customer service instead?

Whatever it is, it's the way to do it!