Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
VRob, yes it is best for any issue with the order to NOT go through the Return Merchandize section of the Customer Support page. Use the Customer Service Inquiry section instead to report issue with your order. Follow these steps and please use Chrome to auto-translate to English (the benefit of using this section is that the CS agent will reply to you in English):

- Scroll to the bottom of the home page of Amazon.jp
- Click the link to Contact Customer Service under Help & Guides
- In the Customer Service sub-frame in the middle of the page, there is a button under General Inquiries to Contact Customer Service. Click it.
- If you are not already signed in, go ahead and sign in. Then you are taken to the Contact Us page
- Under No 1, click the An Order I placed button
- This brings up an overlay of the orders in your history. Check the box of the item in question and click Done.
- In Step No 2, select Problem with an item for Select An Issue
- In Step No 3, select Email as your method of contact and tell them in English what is wrong with the item and ask for replacement first.

If the item is still in stock, they will send the replacement first. If the item is out of stock, they will refund your purchase and tell you to keep the original item sent due to high cost of return postage.

I always attach a link to a picture of the issue with the item and got whatever resolution I wanted.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

You are very welcome. Yes Amazon JP has one of the best CS policy around. Note that there is a limit of 3 replacements before you are required to send everything back for a full refund. "No replacment for you!"

thansk for the info Ash :D

I was wondering If the guys thought I was having a laugh or not :emb:

I have had done this about 4 times now, so I dont print return labels or any thing .. I have thier Customer Service Email , and just Email that I receive damaged items, I always send a pic of Box & items & they just send me new ones out !

I got a few dented steelz here , but end up usually giving them away to guys who need Guts or fronts or spines , ect, ect :)

TC (Tough #unt)

Reactions: VRob98
....I recently ordered a number of the same limited edition steelbooks from Amazon JP and as they would only alow me to order 1 at a time, I have seperate orders. I emailed them asking to combine the shipping (£20) for each as they would be dispatches to my address all at the same time. They replied saying they could not Combine shipping:angry:
So now I am tacking each of my items in the shame shippment via DHL and annoyed that they will most likely be delivered in the same delivery by the same DHL driver and I have paid multiple times for what could have been shipped in one box :dunno:... Anyone else have similuar experience?

Limited releases from Amazon.jp are restricted to one copy per order for shipping to an address outside Japan. That is their policy.

And because each order is separate, they will ship it out as a unique order even if its an identical item shipping to the same name and address.

Silly but that's how Amazon.jp operates.

Last edited by a moderator:
amazon.jp customer is the worst amongst the amazon websites (not sure about amazon.cn). I got E.T Steelbook on my order with June wave Steels. The price of E.T kept dropping everyday. When I ordered it was 5000 JPY and it is now 3900 JPY. I contacted amazon to reflect the current lower price as the order is not yet shipped but they asked me to cancel the order and place a new one. The problem is I got anotehr Steelbook in the order at a lower price which has now doubled in priice. I tried my best to persuade them to reflect the lower price but they just keep denying it. If ths was amazon.com or amazon (eu or uk) they do it straight away.

Reactions: pokjak290
Hey,

I'm considering ordering the Prometheus Steelbook from Amazon Japan, but I've never ordered from them before

Wondering if anyone knows off the top of their head how much do they usually charge to ship a Steelbook to Canada

if im ordering the new star wars set will they ship the 2 steels in a box or do i have to add gift wrapping to both or if i do multiple steels is that the way to go....please advise

Am in the uk and having trouble logging into my account to buy stuff from amazon jp. HELP? I am using the amazon app on my phone and have bought from germany france canada and the USA no problems. I have even tried translating the page but when i try logging into my account it says there is a problem with my email or password!

Last edited:
Guys,

Any idea from when did amazon.jp allow multiple copies of Steelbooks in one order or when in progress on a different order?

I think this thing with Dredd is an error - if I try and modify your in any other spot than the pre-order drop down, I've been getting a "you're only allowed 1" message.

I tried a couple other titles and they are still limited to 1.

On the other hand, maybe it's not a mistake - and they forgot to modify that other section... :dunno:

Not really. In the Dredd order I got 1x Vendetta and 2x Lockout which are already there on another pre-order.EEK!

Hmm. Could be amazon wants to actually get these to sell out instead of them just sitting in the warehouse with these 1 per customer limits.

Maybe they're feeling the heat from HMV-JP. Because of their lottery with shipping single items I moved all my orders to HMV-JP. If Dredd comes up on HMV-JP I will still move my order to them and cancel my Amazon-JP one.

Even if this is a real change of policy and not a glitch on their server I will continue to take my business away from Amazon-JP. Why should we have to order more than one item to hope to get a better packaging.

Reactions: blackberry