Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone who orders from amazon.jp hear in the UK has to pay customs & admin fee !!!
It's something we all have to deal with unfortunately if you have your order delivered to the UK.....

Don't see Amazon CHN thread so hoping it's ok I post in here.

- Placed an order on Mar.29 on Amazon CHN
- Order shipped on Apr. 1 including tracking #
- Expected delivery is by Apr.20

I've been tracking the status of my order everyday and I still see the same thing: 'No results'. Should I be worried at this stage?

Not happy with Amazon JP... ordered 3 steelbooks at the weekend, 1 pre-order, the other two in stock.

They've sent the two in stock steelbooks out already, rather than holding them. I wouldn't normally mind that, but they've sent them separately too!

Just had a DHL charge for £18.42, and that's just for one of them! Very likely to be another DHL charge tomorrow too!

How long does it take to hear from Amazon JP's customer service? I sent an e-mail last week and didn't get a reply from them yet.

You should hear from them within 24 hours of sending your message..;)

They have always got back to me by the next morning when I message them. Plus their customer Service is the best. :thumbs:

Reactions: jayhsong
Never ordered from amazon.jp before but i currently have the Goonies, District 9 and Sucker Punch on pre order for June 5 (all in one order), and then in another order i have Dredd for June 27th.

If i email amazon to merge the two orders i assume that they will all ship out when the latest one of the pre orders is set for release (Dredd), but will they charge me for all of them at this time as well, or will they charge me the earlier set when they are released and then just hold off on shipping until Dredd is dispatched to send them together?

cheers guys :)

Also everyone is slating how orders from amazon incur huge income charges and they sometimes send them separate, and so i was just wondering if there was a good alternative that are currently selling Dredd as well? I would order from YesAsia but you cant get Dredd through them ;(

cheers again ;)

Amazon JP usually ship items as and when they become available so the chances of you incurring customs fees are extremely high on both orders. I am not sure they would merge your orders but its worth asking I guess. :(

HMV do give you the option of waiting until items become available before shipping so you may want to go with them instead, though I think Dredd is sold out now so you might have to stick with Amazon.

YesAsia sometimes have trouble acquiring stock to fulfil orders but they go to great lengths to ensure you don't get charged customs fees on your orders. They include cost of shipping in the item price which is why they are more expensive than other retailers.

I hope some of this helped.

waw I just read the posts here and I can't believe what you can feel about the amazon.co.jp service to ship outside Japan ... 1 item @ a time with pricey shipping cost and due to delivery mode : custom fees in extra ! wow

wanna get your job dudes ! :p

am glad to have a japanese address ...

I was perfectly satisfied with their packaging until I received a copy of Iron Sky a few days ago. It was in a jiffy bag without any protection! I paid ¥2000(about US$20) for shipping and I think I deserve better packaging. I miss when there was a standard shipping option.

How to...

I was perfectly satisfied with their packaging until I received a copy of Iron Sky a few days ago. It was in a jiffy bag without any protection! I paid ¥2000(about US$20) for shipping and I think I deserve better packaging. I miss when there was a standard shipping option.

You paid YEN$2000 still amazon.jp used 'envelope'? :ohno:

Q : How to check item is 'Exclusive amazon.jp'? it's state 'Exclusive amazon.jp' OR 'Limited Edition....like Limited 2000 copies'?