Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon JP?
A) https://www.amazon.co.jp/?tag=hdnjp-22

Q) I haven't mastered Japanese yet - how can I read the site?
A1) Click on "in English" as seen in the screenshot herewith under "spoiler"

Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 00.36.46.png

or

A2) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'New customer? Start here' and follow the very easy on screen instructions!

Q) Do they ship outside of Japan?
A) Yes, Worldwide delivery Via DHL (tracked) only - check HERE for more info.

Example - 1 x steelbook to UK = £20.76 for Shipping (the more you order the better, but remember about Customs charges!)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Depends on quantity you order, see below:

1 x steelbook (standard)
(Thanks to pokjak290 for pics)

201304070821.jpg

201304070822.jpg

1 x steelbook (Gift Wrapping)
(Thanks to blumaster for pics)

View attachment 14661

View attachment 14662

2+ steelbooks (standard)
(Thanks to SpeedmasterLee for pics)

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

Q) Selecting the 'Gift Wrapped Option', is it worth the extra cost?
A) As the pictures above shows, it's not perfect but an improvement to the jiffy bags. It costs around £2 for this option.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No. It's sometimes cheaper for EU residents if they have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to the EU address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon shipment - Beware - if you buy multiple items they sometimes ship separately rather than combining them all.

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit Card / Amazon card - for more info click HERE

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) 50/50, they have good and bads days.

Q) What is the link to contact Customer Services?
A) Contact Us

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested water with Amazon.jp on price of promethues steelbook came in at £39.50 including shipping to Northern Ireland ,have i done something wrong or is meant to that pricey :-0

You have not done anything wrong - shipping is always set to overseas express priority from Japan hence it cost more. To make it a little easier on the wallet, you can add another item or two to offset the high cost of shipping preferably items around 2000-2500 yen.

Reactions: AlphaOmega
Yes, indeed, ordering single steelbook from amazon JP becomes costly. But ordering in bulk, works out quite cheaper. Base shipping rate is 2300 yen iirc, and for each additional item 300 yen more.

Recently ordered Amadeus, V for Vendetta, inception and D9, and overall cost including shipping was ~11000 Yen, 110 USD.
Best thing is items are shipped via DHL express in my case, which takes max 3 working days for delivery. Sometimes 2.

Single steels are always sent in cardboard cover from amazon JP, so that kind of increases the risk of in-transit damage. But more than 2 steels are shipped in box iirc. So less chances of damage.
But downer to this is chances of customs duty, as parcel becomes high in terms of cost, so it may get stuck in customs.

Reactions: AlphaOmega
Just received the goonies steelbook from Amz.jp. First time ordering from them and its quite possibly the worst packaging I have ever seen. Can't believe it made it without any damage

i have contacted them a couple of times.
one bad was that they told me they cant combine shipping but they actually did as i tried to do it and it went through (evenethough i was told it wouldnt)
one good is that the box of an item came damaged with only few hits on the plastic (not steelbook) and they gave me full refund :)

in addition i love their shipping method
they seal the items on to a piece of cardboard which they then stick at the bottom of the box and it doesnt move at all...

i have only the best things to say about their customer service though...very helpful fast replies and easy!!!

NEW SHIPPING COST?

Before this, shipping cost for 1 steel is YEN1700, 2 steel is YEN2000...

NOW, shipping cost start YEN1100 for 1 steel, 2 steel YEN1400....

:thumbs:

EDIT:

Shipping cost above for Malaysia. I don't know your shipping costs :D

Last edited:
Reactions: blumaster
YES! Amazon has cut shipping costs in half! Was 2000 JPY to NA, now 1100.

Kinda sucks I just made a purchase 2 days ago at the old price.

I wonder if they're still shipping express or if they've switched to a slower more economical service?

Last edited:
Reactions: pokjak290
YES! Amazon has cut shipping costs in half! Was 2000 JPY to NA, now 1100.

Kinda sucks I just made a purchase 2 days ago at the old price.

I had the same problem (Pacific Rim).

If your order has not been shipped, try changing shipping method, just confirm the original method and there you are, saved 900 JPY.

I think the shipping speed will be effected. Last time I used AmazonGlobal Priority speed shipping it was a FR order and took 2 weeks to arrive.

I think it's safer to pay a little extra for shipping ordering one steelbook at a time from amazon.jp. Two weeks in a Jiffy bag? That could be a voyage gone wrong. Can you add the gift wrap option with the cheaper shipping method?

Anyone have pics of what the actual gift wrap looks like?

Reactions: harry