Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got some discs today from amazon.de in the new style mailers, and I have to say I'm not that impressed. I can only think these were designed by somebody who doesn't really appreciate how vulnerable to damage steebooks are, because this is definitely not an ideal way to send them. In the examples I received the cardboard edges that hold the case in place had rubbed against the steelbook and left an impression where some paint had been removed. EEK! You CANNOT have a packaging method where a hard edge is allowed to press onto a steelbook, because just the abrasion itself can cause damage. Even though the 'floating case' construction protects very well against corner impacts, this packaging method would still require the steelbook to be wrapped in bubble wrap for safe shipping, which kind of defeats the purpose of the bespoke mailers.

Personally I would never use one of these mailers to send a steelbook to another collector without also bubble wrapping them first, and I'd strongly advise that nobody else should use them either without that extra measure of protection. They probably work ok for much of the time, but I've seen firsthand now that there's a worrying flaw in the design.

Last edited:
Reactions: Man of Steel
I think I'm going to stick to Group Buys that way I know my SBs will arrive safely... You can't get a better service from one collector to another, only they will truly understand the importance of good packaging!

my TTSS from amazon UK came not with this kind of packaging, but with bubble wrapping inside an small envelope & alongside a CD that i ordered on the bigger envelope. i choose bubble than this so-called Frustration Free. they should name it Frustration less :D

Seems to change day to day, i had an order off amazon.fr today for 3 steelies
all in 1 bigish box, 2 had the old style packaging and the last one had none at all just seemed to have been thrown in the box!! :(

[/SPOILER]
They thought the Cylons were going to protect Steel. Actually very rarely see those envelopes even here. Those date back to the BAD old days.

I always get my steels from amazon UK in those envelopes - got one this morning in fact - do you get yours in the wraparound mailers?

I always get my steels from amazon UK in those envelopes - got one this morning in fact - do you get yours in the wraparound mailers?

I've only had the one steel come to me from Amazon UK and it was bubble wrapped then in a small card box. I think it depends on where it ships from. They have a preffered supplier in Jersey (I think they are called Indigo) where a lot of their stuff comes from where as the rest comes from Amazon themselves.

I've only had the one steel come to me from Amazon UK and it was bubble wrapped then in a small card box. I think it depends on where it ships from. They have a preffered supplier in Jersey (I think they are called Indigo) where a lot of their stuff comes from where as the rest comes from Amazon themselves.

Well now I feel like a loser :rolleyes: Amazon UK obviously hate me.

Always get these card envelopes when it's coming direct from Amazon - I never buy a steelbook if it says it's coming from Indigo Starfish (?) as I know they will send it in a bubble envelope EEK!

I received two steelbooks from amazon.co.uk the other day. One was with the new packaging and the other with the old one. They are not very consistent in their packaging :rolleyes:

Amazon.ca sent my items in a mere bubble-wrap envelope last week. Got full refund on my dented and bended (!) Steels, but would rather have had the actual items in decent condition :(

Grapey, don't-I often receive Steels this way. I really think it depends on where they are coming from and who is packing the item, imo. OT, but I've received a spatula in a giant box for a Microwave from Amazon US. I mean, come on...

Reactions: Grapey
It looks like all the refunds on Amazon.ca might have finally made them realise a jiffy bag just doesnt cut it when it comes to steelbooks.

I recieved my 7th delivery from them this morning (Gangs of New York) which arrived in perfect condition in a huge box surrounded by air bags! If anyone can let me know how to post pics here i'll try get a couple up.

Always received mint steels from Amazon.ca (I had more problems with digipacks and digibooks from other Amazons), but this new type of packaging is just ace, very happy about it.

It looks like all the refunds on Amazon.ca might have finally made them realise a jiffy bag just doesnt cut it when it comes to steelbooks.

I recieved my 7th delivery from them this morning (Gangs of New York) which arrived in perfect condition in a huge box surrounded by air bags! If anyone can let me know how to post pics here i'll try get a couple up.

fyi Nick, you need to go here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheWorz