Purchase link: American Hustle (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11118993-1864301349155979.jpg

11118993-9054301349185094.jpg

11118993-6184301349177801.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty disappointing. :(

I would've imagined some kind of piano like gloss with the money sign and title debossed with a gold-like shine.

When someone says ""..oh but you can get this for 0.50p etc.."
I am a great one for arguing that it's not the same and however stupid it may seem have paid a lot more for the films on steelbook. However was in Poundland today and having not seen the film before and with the slipcover I just thought for once, for only a £1 I would give in and save the other £15 for Xmas :)

image.jpg

I am a great one for arguing that it's not the same and however stupid it may seem have paid a lot more for the films on steelbook. However was in Poundland today and having not seen the film before and with the slipcover I just thought for once, for only a £1 I would give in and save the other £15 for Xmas :)

image.jpg

That's a great price. I would go for the slipcover, in my opinion it's marginally better than the Steelbook artwork which looks okay apart from the flare of light on the front.

Reactions: Flash

image.jpg
this is the copy I bought day one and sold when zavvi annouced the steelbook first time round!!!
grr

slip's way better than the steelbook.

Reactions: Flash
Looks pretty disappointing. :(
I would've imagined some kind of piano like gloss with the money sign and title debossed with a gold-like shine.
it was disappointing :(

just glad its a great movie - just annoyed I traded down from the nice slipped ameray to this.

Well, the picture quality isn't that great so we can't say for sure if it's one layer or seventeen. We will all know for sure when we get our copy in our hands :)
My prior comment is based of having the steel in hand, not in the picture (mine landed last week, friday or something)

I could never really understand slip cover collecting.

Even Chinese bootleg movies on DVD-R costing $1.00 US often include a slipcover -- which tells you how expensive they are to produce.

As much as I love a good Steelbook, a well done slipcover is hard for me to pass up. Just take the UK release of Star Wars: TFA, IMO the light/darkside slipcover editions are beautiful and superior to the steel.

Most people love slipcovers on steels, sometimes the steelbook artwork underneath pales in comparison to the slip.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
As much as I love a good Steelbook, a well done slipcover is hard for me to pass up. Just take the UK release of Star Wars: TFA, IMO the light/darkside slipcover editions are beautiful and superior to the steel.

Most people love slipcovers on steels, sometimes the steelbook artwork underneath pales in comparison to the slip.

Yes a lot of people collect slipcovers. I only have a few but I really like the lenticular ones. I tend to go for the steelbook over the slipcover but sometimes I like the slip over the steelbook for example, I got the Legend slipcover instead of the steelbok as it had a cool 3D type transition between the brothers on the front, instead of the fairly boring gun on the steel.

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
That's odd. A piece of paper better than a steelbook. Maybe collecting slip covers is the future. I don't know :hilarious: Strange world we live in, I guess.
Soon the "Includes UV" sticker will be better than the actual steelbook.
its personal preferance afte rhaving both versions in hand - thats how much of a let down this steelbook is.

Wish I'd have saved my money and kept the day one £11 ameray with slip.

I could never really understand slip cover collecting.

Even Chinese bootleg movies on DVD-R costing $1.00 US often include a slipcover -- which tells you how expensive they are to produce.
I dont go out of my way to get them(unless its a nice lenti + steelbook slip) but where available I'll want a slip. I wouldnt rebuy releases for slips, but if a title comes with one, I want to be sure I get it.