Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: July 1, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £49.99
Notes: Includes Artcards

81qXOf0VErL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Very surprised to see this is embossed... The character is embossed and logo within is debossed. Looks like zero finish. Photo pinched from fb. Unboxing from around 3:10 on yt.

View attachment 581099

Thank you to the YouTuber for holding the steelbook as far away from the camera as possible. So many of these videos give close-up views of the steelbook, which is always so annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
I wasn't planning on buying this, but the finish has tipped me over the edge I think. I couldn't get into it, didn't get passed the first few episodes. Apparently it gets better after that, so maybe I should give it a second try.

I wasn't planning on buying this, but the finish has tipped me over the edge I think. I couldn't get into it, didn't get passed the first few episodes. Apparently it gets better after that, so maybe I should give it a second try.

If you enjoyed Rogue One, then I can't imagine you not enjoying this.

Got this, great release, with most of these style of release selling out i assume they will continue to do these, another 4 to be announced soon?
What's likely? they will probably avoid things that are new and need to be at least 1 year on streaming first i guess?

Got this, great release, with most of these style of release selling out i assume they will continue to do these, another 4 to be announced soon?
What's likely? they will probably avoid things that are new and need to be at least 1 year on streaming first i guess?
If they actually want to release only the seasons that are at least a year old, they can't be doing them at this tempo.

Although looking at the list of their shows, they could release next:

Hawkeye
The Book of Boba Fett
Ms. Marvel
She-Hulk

But that would break the 2 Star Wars / 2 Marvel scheme, so maybe replace one of those with S3 of Mandalorian...
That's probable for this Christmas period.

Then all that will be left for next summer's set 4 of 4 is:

Ahsoka
Secret Invasion
Loki S2
and whatever is left from the previous one, like Ms. Marvel

Then they'll be running out of shows. By the end of '25 there's only going to be The Acolyte left old enough.
So with all this moaning that they're releasing too much, there isn't that much, especially compared to the networks 'of old', that had 24+ shows with 24 episodes each EVERY season...

Last edited:
Other than Andor himself there's no similarities between Rogue One and this show. Rogue One was good, Andor is like watching paint dry
See, that's exactly what I thought. Really liked rouge one, it's my 2nd favourite of the disney SW films, after TFA. He was far from the most interesting character though, and this series just didn't grab my attention. I should probably try to finish it, as it does apparently get better.

I thought Andor was excellent Star Wars all the way through. Watching The Acolyte, I've realized that I prefer SW series that are far removed from the Skywalker story (Andor, Acolyte, Mandalorian S1). As soon as a series gets bogged down with resolving minute details about Skywalkers and Clone Wars, that's what feels like watching paint dry to me.

I really wasn't planning on buying the Andor steelbook again, but I can't resist debossing.

I thought Andor was excellent Star Wars all the way through. Watching The Acolyte, I've realized that I prefer SW series that are far removed from the Skywalker story (Andor, Acolyte, Mandalorian S1). As soon as a series gets bogged down with resolving minute details about Skywalkers and Clone Wars, that's what feels like watching paint dry to me.

I really wasn't planning on buying the Andor steelbook again, but I can't resist debossing.
Acolyte has been really disappointing so far, last episode was better but overall pretty poor.

Acolyte has been really disappointing so far, last episode was better but overall pretty poor.
I get that, and I'm not going to argue about SW series, since everyone has different preferences and expectations for them. I thought Acolyte was terrible in the first couple of episodes, but it has won me over. I rewatched all the episodes leading up to the current one, and I found that when I know where the story is going, the earlier episodes actually play much better. It's not perfect (the script sometimes...), but I appreciate that Headland is bringing a very different perspective to SW. For me, it's becoming a nice contrast to the endless Filoni-ism (and I once thought Filoni understands SW better even than Lucas, but really, enough with shoehorning Ahsoka and Clone Wars stuff into everything). Hopefully the last three episodes can keep the momentum going.

See, that's exactly what I thought. Really liked rouge one, it's my 2nd favourite of the disney SW films, after TFA. He was far from the most interesting character though, and this series just didn't grab my attention. I should probably try to finish it, as it does apparently get better.

It's a very marmite show. There's plenty who like me found it a huge bore fest but then there are others who loved it.

I actually don't remember it getting better either, seem to remember the first few episodes being the only ones I found mildly entertaining

It's a very marmite show. There's plenty who like me found it a huge bore fest but then there are others who loved it.

I actually don't remember it getting better either, seem to remember the first few episodes being the only ones I found mildly entertaining
It divides into a few different "adventures," so I could see someone not caring for the opening arc but enjoying the heist or the prison break. Or not. :) I guess I'd rather have SW series that are either loved or hated than ultra-bland (Boba, Kenobi, etc.). Make stories that provoke a reaction, not that rearrange fan-service moments to no purpose.

Reactions: TheWildEye
I felt Andor might have been one for the Gen Xers who grew up with only the 3 Star Wars movies for decades. Personally, I thought Andor was fantastic. Story is top notch and looking forward to the next series. Disney produce so much insipid dross though, I'm not sure Star Wars or Marvel will ever recover.

It divides into a few different "adventures," so I could see someone not caring for the opening arc but enjoying the heist or the prison break. Or not. :) I guess I'd rather have SW series that are either loved or hated than ultra-bland (Boba, Kenobi, etc.). Make stories that provoke a reaction, not that rearrange fan-service moments to no purpose.
I'll have to rewatch, as i feel as though I'll buy it now lol i actually liked kenobi, even if it was a touch bland. I preferred it to ashoka. I actually like the new one, despite it being slated. It's kinda mysterious.

Reactions: apsmith21