Autographed Movie/Comic-Con And Other SteelBooks™

So I just found out Comicon is coming to Ottawa this weekend, can still get tickets for Sunday but thinking of getting the following Steels signed.

Star Trek FS Steel by William Shatner

Serenity Steel by Adam Baldwin

Hulk Horizontal Steel by Lou Ferrigno

Battlestar Galactica The Plan by Jamie Bamber

**Feel free to post pics, if you have any autographed Steels**

Last edited by a moderator:
its not a steel but its more important to me now than any steel i own. My friend ran a movie that peter dinklage was on and i begged for an autograph and he sent me this yesterday...It was awesome i was able to get it on the slip and that will fit nice in the upcoming collectors edition..in my top 3 favorite tv charachters with bryan cranston on breaking bad and sheldon cooper...Either way SPawn u really did awesome at comic con which i couldnt attend and i love the choice of steel...

PS...I dont understand the autograph as it has no part that looks like peter dinklage on it but i know he signed it so:oohyeah: Great thread

Attachments

• dinklage.jpg
    dinklage.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 71
My New Signed Steels

Here are my new steels from The weekend of Horror here in Germany

Hellraiser was signed be Pinhead -Doug Bradley , Chatterer -Nicholas Vince
and Butterball - Simon Bamford
Return of the Living Dead was signed by Thom Matthews -Freddy
Halloween was Signed by Danielle Harris -
And my fave .. Bai Lings Signature in both Chinese and English on My Crow steelbook

pretty cool
Bai ling was awesome :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::drool::drool::drool:

Attachments

• crow.jpg
    crow.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 80
  • rotld.jpg
    rotld.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 78
  • hlween.jpg
    hlween.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 67
  • hlrais.jpg
    hlrais.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: dirtyoak and vurt
Here are my new steels from The weekend of Horror here in Germany

Hellraiser was signed be Pinhead -Doug Bradley , Chatterer -Nicholas Vince
and Butterball - Simon Bamford
Return of the Living Dead was signed by Thom Matthews -Freddy
Halloween was Signed by Danielle Harris -
And my fave .. Bai Lings Signature in both Chinese and English on My Crow steelbook

pretty cool
Bai ling was awesome :oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::drool::drool::drool:

Very nice they all look great, congrats! I think my favourite is The Crow as well :cool:

I met Bay Ling earlier on in the year and got her to sign my US The Crow one sheet poster. Lovely lovely woman

Yes she was awesome .. i have liked the celebs whom i have met so far .
But she has such class and star power and she was still so humble and thankful that so many people came to see her ..I think her signature is also unique among celebs becasue how she does it
She was also the only one who had real fun with the guests ... she punched me in the chest before my photoshoot asking if i do karate lol.
Gotta say the hellraiser guys were great to .Doug Bradley was very cool. Simon Bamford was talkative and fun and Nicholas Vince was really chatty .. no pun intented .

:oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah::oohyeah:

I am attending the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala on saturday January 5th. A number of actors that starred in movies encased in steel will be there, including Tom Hanks, Helen Mirren, Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston and Bradley Cooper. Ang Lee, Robert Zemeckis and Tom Hooper will also be there.

I'm going to look rather odd dragging a suitcase full of steelbooks around with me so I figured I'll take a few to the gala and a few more to the after party, and hope for the best!

Reactions: spawnshop
When bringing a bunch of steels i suggest one of those reusable green friendly grocery bags. I then cut out a piece of cardboard that fits perfect on bottom. bubble wrap on bottom too wouldnt hurt. Then to protect ur steels from scratchig i used sleeves that were too big for the steels .. this then allows you to pull out steels fast as no actor/star wants to wait!

Good luck!

When bringing a bunch of steels i suggest one of those reusable green friendly grocery bags. I then cut out a piece of cardboard that fits perfect on bottom. bubble wrap on bottom too wouldnt hurt. Then to protect ur steels from scratchig i used sleeves that were too big for the steels .. this then allows you to pull out steels fast as no actor/star wants to wait!

Good luck!

LOL...that's almost exactly how I work the shows with steels. But instead of a grocery bag, i usually go around with a messenger bag - put it over my shoulder to keep my hands free when navigating the crowds.

FYI - Bring your own set of metal sharpies too, in case you meet someone that isn't at a specific signing booth. If you catch them just walking around, they usually won't have pens on them.
That's how I got about half of my signatures.

Good luck growly!

Reactions: dirtyoak and mllNY
Hmmm...well. The Palm Springs Film Festival gala was one of the biggest disappointments of recent years. A huge waste of time, money and effort. As soon as the stars came down the red carpet they were moved off to one side and taken out of sight to backstage. No paying guests got to 'meet' them; you'd have been better off saving your money and standing in the crowd, where the stars will come up to you and sign autographs.

As far as having a steelbook signed it was a total disaster! I am not pleased. The man sitting next to me obviously wasn't impressed either; he walked away from the table half way through the evening and never came back.

I know they don't care. My experience of these kind of events though is that it isn't long before they email and/or write to you to tempt you to buy a ticket to their next big function. That's when I'll tell them what I thought of the event.

Autographed Steelbook Covers. Does anyone collect?

Hi, new to the forums and have been in love collecting steelbooks. I'm also a autograph collector and was wondering if there are any other fellow collectors who have had their steelbooks signed by their favorite actors. Here is my first and i'm hoping to have more in the future.

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30286&d=1364609235

Attachments

• rsz_img_2341.jpg
    rsz_img_2341.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks. I live in ny so I sometimes get a chance to see the celebrities. Would love to see any others who may have their steelbooks signed.

Yes, I had Stan Lee sign my Avengers Viva at NYCC last year. For some reason his crew would not let him sign the outside like I wanted, but had him sign the gift card for free as a consolation. Not the ideal location for a signature (I would rather have had under the plastic insert) but I'm still happy

picture.php

also if you add img tags around the link your photo will show up "
" minus the quotations

Reactions: dirtyoak
And then later he signed a bunch on front ... I wonder if its cause at that time he had impending lawsuit on Disney. Idk if the suit is still going ... it might be ...

Reactions: mllNY
And then later he signed a bunch on front ... I wonder if its cause at that time he had impending lawsuit on Disney. Idk if the suit is still going ... it might be ...

Yeah, I remember you sent me that link and I was like :angry:

Its funny cause just that morning or maybe the day before when I got the signature the news broke about the lawsuit.

I was still kind of PO'ed cause I had opened the case right as I got to the front of the line when, oh well a signature is better than no signature

Yours is more rare .... you got yours signed at the con where the lawsuit was happening and they were worried about him making money on Disney property so he signed the inside. :p

You got a story at least. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

ps. didnt realize this was a new thread nyel .... there is an autograph thread with lots of pictures. I'll have to see about finding that for you.....

very cool grab tho with Ghostbusters.