Autographed Movie/Comic-Con And Other SteelBooks™

So I just found out Comicon is coming to Ottawa this weekend, can still get tickets for Sunday but thinking of getting the following Steels signed.

Star Trek FS Steel by William Shatner

Serenity Steel by Adam Baldwin

Hulk Horizontal Steel by Lou Ferrigno

Battlestar Galactica The Plan by Jamie Bamber

**Feel free to post pics, if you have any autographed Steels**

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of heading down to London for the Iron Man premiere to get my IM FS signed...

The steel is opened and has two tiny and hardly visible dents on it..

Just wondering if it is worth the trip?

It would cost £100 and possibly 2 days holiday from work.

Also.. I'm taking it the front would be the place to get signed? And I should get the steel itself signed and not the protective wrap?

Bloody hell mate, that's a massive investment! Let me tell you, premiere's are pretty soul destroying. It's HARD work to get autographs. You can get there mega early and find a place opposite the drop offs, and scream out the names and just pray Actors come over to you but you can't guarantee anything. Actor's get taken away to do press and then just dither about signing for fans. Some will sign for 5 people, some will sign for everyone - like Tom Cruise! It'd be cool if you managed to get your steel signed, but is it really worth the ton train fare then 2 days off work for a chance? Also - get the steel signed, it's a waste of time getting autographs on wrapping of anything. It'll rub off/get scratched off over time. My first ever autograph in person at 13 was on a CD case, half the autograph was gone by the time I got home from the signing :hilarious:

Reactions: Chandler_90
Linda Hamilton will be at London Film & Comic Con in July... £20 per autograph...

So, Play.com Terminator or Korea T2 (should be released in time!)?? ;)

I'm giving this serious consideration now.

£122 for an open return.. Arrive at around 12 and wait until they arrive.

Back the same day so only 1 day off.

Will it increase the steel's value?

No, I don't think a signature will increase a SteelBook's value. Do it for yourself if you want it done, but don't expect an increase in value.

I think generally, autographs DO increase the value, but in this instance probably not. Iron Man FS is mostly sought after sealed afterall.

If you do go, and end up having it signed by RDJ try your best to (or ask someone else waiting with you) to get a photo of him signing it for you so that if you do try to sell it in future, you have proof. Most people these days will only buy autographs if there's proof - and a Certificate of Authenticity doesn't mean **** these days! Especially at premiere's, a lot of Actors won't sign a full autograph but do an abbreviated version - often these can look like any old scribble - so a photo of him with pen to steelbook will definitely improve your chances at increasing the value at a later date.

So I just came back from a press screening of Oblivion in New York with a surprise Q&A panel with Tom Cruise and the director Joseph Kosinski. The only reason I'm making this post is because I ran into a fellow ninja who got his Ghost Protocol steelbook signed by Tom and the Tron Legacy DE steelbook by Joseph. He said he's not an active poster but I hope you see this post and have the courage to share some pics! Great meeting you buddy!

Reactions: Chandler_90
Would love to see some pics! Hopefully he will post:scat:

On another note I purchased 2 stan lee tickets this morning :oohyeah:

So last year I had my German Serenity Steel signed by Adam Baldwin, this year there's 3 more Stars at the Ottawa Comiccon from the Firefly/Serenity show and I don't think my Serenity Steel can take 3 more signatures without autographs going on the title, the actors on the cover or being autographed at a smaller size then the Adam Baldwin one( good luck with me trying to get all 3 to do that)

So I am thinking of getting Jewel Staite to do Serenity and then Nathan Fillion & Summer Glau to do Firefly. You guys think thats a good idea? What would you do if you were in my position?

I kinda wished I went for the UK Serenity Horizontal Steel b4 I went to last years Comiccon since there would be lots more room and the back has a nice picture as well not just writing.

Today was a LONG day but im happy with my stan lee autograph!

attachment.php
945176_10151646438351399_240609500_n.jpg

Linda Hamilton will be at London Film & Comic Con in July... £20 per autograph...

So, Play.com Terminator or Korea T2 (should be released in time!)?? ;)

I'll be doing the same with may Play.com Terminator or T2 or both. I haven't decided yet.

Also, Danny Glover has just been announced as well. So he'll be signing my Predator 2 Steelbook. :LOL:

I recently got a Renner signed Hurt Locker. ;) :)

Very nice! :thumbs:

With the 3rd season of walking dead coming out in steelbook form Id like to get some of the cast to sign it later this year at wizard con ohio. I think I will get stan to sign my thor or iron man too.

Does anyone have a special way they display their signed steels? My dad said I should get it framed or something any suggestions???

So Im going for 1 day to the chicago wizard con in august. Think I might get my thor signed by stan.

They also have the guy who plays zod in the next superman film. Might get a jumbo poster signed.

Hoping they add 1 or 2 more people id really love to see...

Anyone ever been to a wizard con before ?
I believe their are 9 over the year across the US

Was verrrry lucky today and got to sit in the 6th row of a Q&A with Zack Snyder attended by 500 people, followed by a very limited signing for only around 100 people.

All I wanted was my Sucker Punch steelbook signed and this made my day. Zack was SUPER excited by the fact I had this, I think because this movie has had so much bad rap.

aa09c646dbc511e2926822000a1f9c9b_7.jpg

That movie was wicked SWEET! I would love to get him to sign one...

Still VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHere was it at??

Hey Xavier, Supanova in Sydney. It's a pop culture expo that goes around Australia every year. He was a last minute guest announced on the day as he was in town for the premiere. His Q&A was very insightful, and he's such a lovely guy. Other guests included Karl Urban, Carrie Fisher, Margot Kidder, Alan Tudyk, a few of the Hobbit guys, the Weasley twins amongst others..

I also managed to grab a signed Man of Steel poster from him too ;)

Reactions: Xavier and ash333
Hey Xavier, Supanova in Sydney. It's a pop culture expo that goes around Australia every year. He was a last minute guest announced on the day as he was in town for the premiere. His Q&A was very insightful, and he's such a lovely guy. Other guests included Karl Urban, Carrie Fisher, Margot Kidder, Alan Tudyk, a few of the Hobbit guys, the Weasley twins amongst others..

I also managed to grab a signed Man of Steel poster from him too ;)

Thats really cool! Very lucky :thumbs:

I should have looked at your location :emb:

Some very other cool guest as well:scat: