SpeedMasterLee

Master of the STEEL
Premium Supporter
Jun 6, 2012
Torrance, California. USA
Release date Oct 26, 2012

JSDVD Buy Link

YesAsia Buy Link

http://www.yesasia.com/us/avatar-20...-taiwan-version/1031546488-0-0-0-en/info.html Link for USA residents

Check out the hi-res images from JSDVD -
4710756229438-2.jpg

4710756229438-3.jpg

4710756229438-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, maybe they still have some stocks and try to make a cleanance.
I guess the new release will contain Ironpack(BD+DVD), plastic case(3D/2D BD) with a lenticular slipbox.
I'm not sure about this, I hope I'm wrong.

Hmm, very interesting possibility if it is indeed true that the ironpacks are still available and legal to distribute. But I still don't see a Chinese Ironpack ending up in a Taiwanese release in any form. I guess we will all find out in a couple of weeks.:oohyeah:

Are we talking about china release or Taiwan release?
There is no possibility that this release will includes any old stocks with it, the 2d extended version should be near gone by now.
If iron metal pack that could be viva metal box with lenticular card, :scat: don't worry for nothing. :hilarious:

Reactions: ash333
Steelbook or Ironpack

OK guys, not the final word but I think this one is NOT the same steelbook as the German edition if it is a steelbook at all.

The title description on JSDVD is now stating this:
Avatar: 3D/2D + limited flash card tin version [Chinese subtitles] (3Disc) (Blu-ray + DVD) [Pre-Free Post]
Avatar: 3D/2D IronPack 3D Flash Card Edition

Plus now there is this little blip on the images posted (1 is the image in OP, 2 is the one attached here)
"Figure" 1 link flash card packaging, Figure 2 links for tin style
Figure 1:
View attachment 17530
Figure 2:

It sure looks like hung was right. This could be a tin/metal case housing the ironpack for the 2D+DVD edition and the regular amaray (with slipcover?) for the 3D Blu-ray.

It does not look or feel good for this release at this point. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Geesh...I'm thinking of canceling but not sure yet. What a disappointment if it is true. The release is coming up so I'll have to decide soon.

Maybe flash cards=post cards, or somehow flashcard is getting translated from 'lenticular card'. I don't know, but Iron Packs are definitely out as far as I know. Unless it's not a Steelbook and they need to call it something else. Who knows, I'll stay tuned, thanks Ash!

Shot them an email regarding this. I'm pretty sure they won't know anything about this but it doesn't hurt to try though. :dunno:

I sent them an email. The one good thing about how JSDVD works, is you have to pay shipping once they have it in hand and ready to package. So, you can ask for a picture of the actual product before paying shipping and cancel then if needed.

Not like JB Hi-Fi and getting pictures of tin foil slips after all orders have shipped. EEK!

I sent them an email. The one good thing about how JSDVD works, is you have to pay shipping once they have it in hand and ready to package. So, you can ask for a picture of the actual product before paying shipping and cancel then if needed.

Not like JB Hi-Fi and getting pictures of tin foil slips after all orders have shipped. EEK!

:hilarious:Yeah that tin foil epidemic was a massive failure. Everyone thought they were metal slipcases like Gladiator. Glad i didnt order.

Reactions: roseart
You can email them to cancel your order, just give them your order number and they will cancel it and full refund.

Good luck getting a response from them though. I emailed them 7 days ago about a mis-delivered/missing order and nothing. Not good....

About an hour ago I went into Ebay to see if anyone was selling Avatar the TW version. Sure enough there was and the header read as "Avatar 3D/2D Blu Ray Steelbook Taiwan Version". So I emailed the seller regarding if it was in fact a Steelbook. Well I just went back and now see this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avatar-3D-2D-Blu-Ray-Steelbook-Taiwan-Version-OOP-/121000494123?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item1c2c31042b

I guess they had no answer and removed the listing. And the seller is located not too far away from me :hilarious:

That's strange, :rolleyes: I often gets a response within 24hrs.
It should be [email protected]
Or you could fill in the form HERE

Anyway, this is not release yet. So nobody have definite answer to this release.
Just hope for the best.

Good luck getting a response from them though. I emailed them 7 days ago about a mis-delivered/missing order and nothing. Not good....

Last edited:
They would send you a shipping invoice, isn't it ? As long as you do not pay the shipping, there is no way they will ship out your order.
You can then wait for their reply or request for some photos and decide. ;)

You can always cancel it and get your refund anytime. :p

I just hope we get a heads up on this before they ship out. I want to make sure what it is before my hard earned money goes away.

Reactions: blu-steel
Looks like everyone's emails has them concerned and they took the item off the site. We shall see what happens.