Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this last night, slightly underwhelmed by it and half tempted to cancel my order. Never thought I'd say that about a Marvel film.

Saw this last night, slightly underwhelmed by it and half tempted to cancel my order. Never thought I'd say that about a Marvel film.

And Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3 weren't underwhelming? The Winter Soldier was probably the only good film from Marvel's phase 2 if Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't count. And there was even that Iron Man 2...

But considering they were putting more and more superheroes into these movies, it was only a matter of time...

And Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3 weren't underwhelming? The Winter Soldier was probably the only good film from Marvel's phase 2 if Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't count. And there was even that Iron Man 2...

But considering they were putting more and more superheroes into these movies, it was only a matter of time...
I actually quite enjoyed Thor: DW and Iron Man 3! But I didn't watch them with high expectations.

Well I loved Thor The Dark World ! Ioved the story and I thought it looked stunning!
Iron Man 3 was a pleasant surprise. After the trailer I thought it was going to be dark ( Dark Knight style) but well it turned out to be quite comical. I've always been a huge fan of the Mandarin in the comics, but I wasn't mad at the movie for their awkward surprise. The real Mandarin exists in this universe as you can see in Hail to the King.

Avengers Age of Ultron is to me the perfect balance between a darker tone for an Avengers movie but with still plenty of humour.

I'm looking forward for an extended version of it though. A few things seemed rushed.

I 100% agree with the other guy. Its a nightmare trying to acquire a mint condition steel from zavvi. I don't collect as heavily as i once did and that's a big reason for it. I now only buy steelbooks for the films I adore. 3 recent examples are jurassic park, this and dredd. As I said these are films I adore so I'm determined to get them in mint condition. unfortunatly damaged steelbooks are something we have to deal with this is made worse due to the terrible nature of zavvi's return/replacement procedure.

I know my best chance of receiving an immaculate condition steel through zavvi is to order duplicates, and 9 times outa ten they come damaged. if i'm very lucky i can combine my duplicates to create an immaculate condition steel then return the damaged one.

When hmv or amazon get steelbooks duplicates aren't necessary, amazon will instantly send you a replacement, and i can swap hmv steels in store. until zavvi sort out a quicker and more efficient way of dealing with replacements for steelbooks I will keep ordering duplicates of the steels I order.
We all want mint condition steelbooks, but I have ordered 64 unique steels so far from Zavvi, no duplicates, and only received one damage steel. Believe me I protested about that one steel like it would be my last order from their store if they don't make it right. I refused to get partial refund. In the end, they let me keep the damage one and sent new copy for free of charge. Mind you, I live in Canada. Don't you think the chances of me getting an unacceptable steel is higher than folks like yourself who live in England? They don't ship my steels as a group nor in a big box. I get my steelbooks from them individually, so i don't understand when you said it was "nightmare" to acquire a mint condition steel from Zavvi.

We all want mint condition steelbooks, but I have ordered 64 unique steels so far from Zavvi, no duplicates, and only received one damage steel. Believe me I protested about that one steel like it would be my last order from their store if they don't make it right. I refused to get partial refund. In the end, they let me keep the damage one and sent new copy for free of charge. Mind you, I live in Canada. Don't you think the chances of me getting an unacceptable steel is higher than folks like yourself who live in England? They don't ship my steels as a group nor in a big box. I get my steelbooks from them individually, so i don't understand when you said it was "nightmare" to acquire a mint condition steel from Zavvi.

I've had at least 250 shipped from zavvi, bare in mind 2 people in the house collect steels, we've had to deal with damaged steels at least 90 times thats not including the number of times our replacement has turned up damaged (went through 5+ alan partridges) our order history including returns and replacements goes into 100+ pages.

let's be honest these things are a lottery. when play started doing uk steels, I bought every single one of them. NEVER received any damaged ones not even once, my brother who ordered the same ones, lives in the same house 3/5 came damaged. It's luck, tbh my streak of luck continued with zavvi's releases too, it was a good year before i started getting damaged ones. As for the odds of receiving damaged being higher for importers, possibly, but it's also possible those companies who deal with international orders are more careful than those dealing with them at home. My ratio of receiving damaged import items is insanely low and I buy imported stuff ALL the time. the last import item i recall coming damaged was 10 years ago. But i firmly believe its just luck.

though its also possible we're more strict then most when it comes to damage. /as i already know, my definition of immaculate differs from those on eBay and here.

another aspect in which it's a nightmare to obtain a mint steel, is how poorly they handle returns and replacements. you mention they sent you a free replacement, good for you :p that won't happen to anyone in the uk. I've spent 1000s at zavvi, not just on steelbooks either. they would never send a replacement until they've received your damaged one back. hell half the time, I'll process for a replacement and they'll just refund me and what makes it worse, most my orders are done with discount codes, and they refuse to give me another steel for the price i originally paid. Imagine the reason they just sent a replacement is it's too big a hassle to deal with foreign returns, probably why most companies do that. these are some of the many reasons many of us will order duplicates.

Last edited:
Reactions: ingo187 and ETSC