Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (sold out)
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Limited to 4,000 copies.

11107173-1784313271831309.jpg

Pre-order date: April 23, 2015

Zavvi Marvel Day is April 23, chat here
ultron.jpg
marvel day.jpg

Last edited:
@Ricker I have 2 on pre order if you want the other at cost .

I preorder 2 of everything now days just in case :thumbs:
You're exactly the reason why copies becoming out of stock so fast mate. One copy should be enough, no? :angry: lol

There's no way I'm gonna bend my knee and pay 42.99GBP for a freakin' zhitbox. The fact that a zbox bundle exist and "in stock" while the steelbook alone isn't makes me hate the way Zavvi do business.

You're exactly the reason why copies becoming out of stock so fast mate. One copy should be enough, no? :angry: lol

There's no way I'm gonna bend my knee and pay 42.99GBP for a freakin' zhitbox. The fact that a zbox bundle exist and "in stock" while the steelbook alone isn't makes me hate the way Zavvi do business.
One copy is definitely not enough with their packaging. Gotta have an extra to give yourself double the chance at a mint copy.

Reactions: jitstark
One copy is definitely not enough with their packaging. Gotta have an extra to give yourself double the chance at a mint copy.
Your justification is purely on the product condition, and probably to resell. That's nice and all to have a reserve, but for other people, they couldn't even procure a copy buddy.

Thanks for the offer buddy, but with the rate conversion and postage, just too much

I wouldn't worry too much, even if the Zavvi version doesn't come back in stock (which I'm sure it will), the US is bound to get a steelbook via Target or Walmart and failing that, I'll bet that the Zavvi edition ends up being identical to any that France, Germany and Italy offer.

The US will get one with a title on the spine whereas Europe wont.

Reactions: Ronnie3067
I wouldn't worry too much, even if the Zavvi version doesn't come back in stock (which I'm sure it will), the US is bound to get a steelbook via Target or Walmart and failing that, I'll bet that the Zavvi edition ends up being identical to any that France, Germany and Italy offer.

The US will get one with a title on the spine whereas Europe wont.
I completely agree. I try to source most of the Marvel SteelBooks not from Zavvi, it's not always possible but most time it is.

Yeah I'm sure my 1 extra copy has made a huge difference , no mate the problem is people ordering as many as they can and then reselling on eBay at stupid money .

My extra copy will go to a member on here at some point anyway at cost so no profit in it for me , I done the same with my second copy of Cinderella .

Your justification is purely on the product condition, and probably to resell. That's nice and all to have a reserve, but for other people, they couldn't even procure a copy buddy.
This was in stock for about 4 hours, if you missed it you don't really have an excuse. If you wanted it badly enough that you feel the need to berate someone for ordering two you could've found a way to order in that 4 hour window.

On a side note, I'm seeing this on Tuesday. :hungry:

Reactions: thewoe
Wonder if this'll include the extended edition and alternate ending that I've just read is coming with the release.

That will probably be on the extras. I hope it is.

Slightly of topic. I've seen this 3 times now. For me, it gets better with every watch. The first time was a bit overwhelming as many people have said but the other times I could just sit back and enjoy it. Saw some things I had missed before and found it much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure my 1 extra copy has made a huge difference , no mate the problem is people ordering as many as they can and then reselling on eBay at stupid money .

My extra copy will go to a member on here at some point anyway at cost so no profit in it for me , I done the same with my second copy of Cinderella .

Yeah, scalpers are horrible people. They deserve to be scalped :D

For those who missed out you will be pleased to know that I ordered twice, once with the zbox and once after it became available on its own at which point i cancelled my first copy. I'm sure many others did the same so there will still be plenty of copies back on sale at some point I'm sure

For those who missed out you will be pleased to know that I ordered twice, once with the zbox and once after it became available on its own at which point i cancelled my first copy. I'm sure many others did the same so there will still be plenty of copies back on sale at some point I'm sure
It used to a given that just before dispatch the cancellations would go back up, these days though who knows?

I 100% agree with the other guy. Its a nightmare trying to acquire a mint condition steel from zavvi. I don't collect as heavily as i once did and that's a big reason for it. I now only buy steelbooks for the films I adore. 3 recent examples are jurassic park, this and dredd. As I said these are films I adore so I'm determined to get them in mint condition. unfortunatly damaged steelbooks are something we have to deal with this is made worse due to the terrible nature of zavvi's return/replacement procedure.

I know my best chance of receiving an immaculate condition steel through zavvi is to order duplicates, and 9 times outa ten they come damaged. if i'm very lucky i can combine my duplicates to create an immaculate condition steel then return the damaged one.

When hmv or amazon get steelbooks duplicates aren't necessary, amazon will instantly send you a replacement, and i can swap hmv steels in store. until zavvi sort out a quicker and more efficient way of dealing with replacements for steelbooks I will keep ordering duplicates of the steels I order.

Reactions: ETSC
I find this, I have to buy 2 to ensure a mint steel book, a bit of an excuse tbh.

If I lived in the UK I would order 2 copies just to be safe. I have to order 4-5 copies from Walmart, Best Buy and Target, just to get them to put them in a box. Then I have to turn around and take the extras back to the store. PITA