Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 13, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

m2230438-2.jpg

m2230438-1.jpg

Last edited:
The original order I place for this on May 15th was as a "backorder".
Best Buy took the funds out of my PayPal account today although the release date isn't until August 13th.
This is the earliest I have ever had funds taken out for a release. Usually the funds come out on the Thursday before the release date but not 2 Thursdays in advance. Payment shouldn't have come out until Thursday August 8th.

None of the "pre-orders" I placed on May 15th for Iron Man 1, 2, 3 and Thor 1 and 2 have been taken yet and no payments have been taken for the Avengers 4 steelbook set.

Also, the "pre-order" I placed on June 7th for "Endgame" hasn't been charged.
This post reminds me of @paulboland sooooooo much:LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Best Buy took the funds out of my PayPal account today although the release date isn't until August 13th.
This is the earliest I have ever had funds taken out for a release. Usually the funds come out on the Thursday before the release date but not 2 Thursdays in advance. Payment shouldn't have come out until Thursday August 8th.

None of the "pre-orders" I placed on May 15th for Iron Man 1, 2, 3 and Thor 1 and 2 have been taken yet and no payments have been taken for the Avengers 4 steelbook set.

How can you tell which of the two orders you were charged for? I tried to look for myself - I’ve had a charge placed through PayPal for a bestbuy order yesterday, but it beats me which order it is for.

How can you tell which of the two orders you were charged for? I tried to look for myself - I’ve had a charge placed through PayPal for a bestbuy order yesterday, but it beats me which order it is for.

I went into my Best Buy orders on their website and located the order that showed it was in progress and couldn't be cancelled.
I realize it's not easy to do when you have as many pre-orders in as we do lol but August 13th is the next date that I have any Best Buy orders for.

I keep all of my emails from Best Buy regarding pre-orders so I know what date I ordered and what the order numbers are so I can look them up. If I didn't I'd be lost.

I went into my Best Buy orders on their website and located the order that showed it was in progress and couldn't be cancelled.
I realize it's not easy to do when you have as many pre-orders in as we do lol but August 13th is the next date that I have any Best Buy orders for.

I keep all of my emails from Best Buy regarding pre-orders so I know what date I ordered and what the order numbers are so I can look them up. If I didn't I'd be lost.
Aha! Both orders say in progress, but the preorder has the Cancel Order button and the backorder does not. So I’m in the same situation as you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Aha! Both orders say in progress, but the preorder has the Cancel Order button and the backorder does not. So I’m in the same situation as you.

Yep. So it will be interesting to see if the same thing happens going forward with "back-orders" compared to "pre-orders".
So if back-orders are being charged first then they are perhaps going to be filled first and may be less likely to be cancelled by Best Buy because they can't fill them.

Having said that, all steelbook listings so far that started as "back-orders" are titles that Best Buy seems to have a very large quantity of. Mostly first release Marvel and Disney titles. One exception I can think of is "John Wick 3" which is not a Marvel/Disney release.
John Wick 3 has been showing as "sold out online" for awhile now.

Yep. So it will be interesting to see if the same thing happens going forward with "back-orders" compared to "pre-orders".
So if back-orders are being charged first then they are perhaps going to be filled first and may be less likely to be cancelled by Best Buy because they can't fill them.

Having said that, all steelbook listings so far that started as "back-orders" are titles that Best Buy seems to have a very large quantity of. Mostly first release Marvel and Disney titles. One exception I can think of is "John Wick 3" which is not a Marvel/Disney release.
John Wick 3 has been showing as "sold out online" for awhile now.
Indeed. I got worried that I’d missed the John Wick 3 one when you said that, but now I remember I didn’t order it because it doesn’t have the 4K disc.

@Stygian Hope received shipping notice tomorrow :rofl: my credit card charge this morning too!
Didn't get charged yet for any of my orders...

I never get charged until a few days before the release date, or if shipping is delayed, after. I've never been charged this far in advance.

Cheers!

• Thanks

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Thanks