Release date: June 24, 2013
Price: £12.59
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you wouldnt be, as you have it ;) those of us who dont want a copy with the same-ish artwork but refuse to pay scum bags on ebay for it :)

Theres a difference in collecting and profiteering. Those like me that want the Whites re-released are people that enjoy them for themselves and don't care for value, and those who don't want them re-released usually do so for profit (not all but most in my experience).

I agree they should make things more limited like 1,000 print runs and less re-printing in mass quantity's.

The thing is most people here aren't in it for the profit. I've never owned the Japanese versions but I still wouldn't want to see them re-released. Steelbook collecting is about more than just pretty cases, anyone who says otherwise hasn't been collecting long enough. I thought the same when I first started collecting, but as time went on I found that I started to change my opinion. I'm sure you'll find yourself in a similar situation at some point in the near future.

Apart from my viewpoint of collecting, you'll find that some collectors paid as much a £50 for those white Japanese Steelbooks. Would you not feel even a little annoyed if near identical versions were announced for release elsewhere for £12.59 each?

Anyway I think this topic has been done to death so everyone should agree to disagree.

Well you wouldnt be, as you have it ;) those of us who dont want a copy with the same-ish artwork but refuse to pay scum bags on ebay for it :)

Someone owns something I want but can't afford, they must be a scum bag! :rolleyes:

The thing is most people here aren't in it for the profit. I've never owned the Japanese versions but I still wouldn't want to see them re-released. Steelbook collecting is about more than just pretty cases, anyone who says otherwise hasn't been collecting long enough. I thought the same when I first started collecting, but as time went on I found that I started to change my opinion. I'm sure you'll find yourself in a similar situation at some point in the near future.

Apart from my viewpoint of collecting, you'll find that some collectors paid as much a £50 for those white Japanese Steelbooks. Would you not feel even a little annoyed if near identical versions were announced for release elsewhere for £12.59 each?

Anyway I think this topic has been done to death so everyone should agree to disagree.

Agreed. But i wouldnt be annoyed if i paid £50 for the whites if they were re-released as the money would have been gone long b4. But yes, lets agree to disagree.

EDIT - Yes scum bags is correct in refrence to those who buy bulk copys just to sell, so called collectors ripping off other collectors for there own profit. :)

Last edited:
They're not scum bags though. I don't think there are many scalpers who would've bought ten or twenty copies of those white steelies. Most are copies bought for personal collections.

Like you said, its been done to death so may as well agree to disagree :)

I collect my way, others collect theres.

Either way, i hope the zavvi releases are the whites even though i doubt it.

This new redesigned Batman Begins will sink or swim on its own merits. If you buy it, and it becomes sought after, then well done. Those that spent their money on the Japan and Korea versions took that same chance and it paid off.

Do you feel lucky...

Reactions: Ricker
This new redesigned Batman Begins will sink or swim on its own merits. If you buy it, and it becomes sought after, then well done. Those that spent their money on the Japan and Korea versions took that same chance and it paid off.

Do you feel lucky...

I missed out on it unfortunatley as it was released before i started collecting.

Woe is me :(

(Pun intended)

I hope this means we are gonna hear the same griping about the dark knight since that's a rerelease of the Germany artwork.

I somehow doubt that tho.

I missed out on it unfortunatley as it was released before i started collecting.

Woe is me :(

(Pun intended)

This is the whole point im trying to make mate, YOU want this to be re released because you don't have it and I can completely understand that but you're confusing collecting and profiteering. Profiteering is buying seven copies of UK jack reacher to stick on ebay before theyre even released. Buying a steel that you love for the retail price (like many of us did with these white batmans from amazon.jp) that later goes out of stock and then not wanting that steel to be re released is not profiteering. These steelbooks are limited editions and I think most of us buy into that, you may be fairly new to collecting but there will come a time when some of the steels you've bought in the last few months may become rare and sought after and you might feel differently about re releases then. Even if you dont want to sell them for a profit it'll be nice to be able to trade them for other valuable items, maybe even some white batmans :D

Reactions: Scottyrnumber
This is the whole point im trying to make mate, YOU want this to be re released because you don't have it and I can completely understand that but you're confusing collecting and profiteering. Profiteering is buying seven copies of UK jack reacher to stick on ebay before theyre even released. Buying a steel that you love for the retail price (like many of us did with these white batmans from amazon.jp) that later goes out of stock and then not wanting that steel to be re released is not profiteering. These steelbooks are limited editions and I think most of us buy into that, you may be fairly new to collecting but there will come a time when some of the steels you've bought in the last few months may become rare and sought after and you might feel differently about re releases then. Even if you dont want to sell them for a profit it'll be nice to be able to trade them for other valuable items, maybe even some white batmans :D

I see your point. Agreed.

Reactions: tflo2010
As I stated previously I don't own any batmans but would like confirmation on artwork either way :/

It will be the Amazon artwork in my opinion. Warner aren't going to release the same titles in multiple countries including the UK and then release an extra set of exclusives with exclusive artwork just in the UK.

I take offense to this. Basically your calling anyone on ebay who sells a steelbook a scum bag. How about everyone in the trade thread who sells at prices higher than whats on ebay. Yes that's right. The trade thread on this message board has higher prices on AVERAGE than ebay does.

Reactions: SaberTooth and ETSC
glad i checked back in on this. really like the new artwork, and £12.59 is a decent price. will consider the first two if they change the art, but for now i'll just take the nolan trilogy. can't wait :D