Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Global Series No. 2) [Hong Kong]

May 25, 2013
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip (2D+3D) - Lenticular (2D+UE) - One Click
Price: $47.99 (Full Slip or Lenti) - $95.98 (One Click)
Note: Booklet, Photocard (4ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Booklet, Character Cards. One click edition will include a keychain (loose) as a gift.
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

Full Slip (Numbered 301 to 700) | Lenti (Numbered 301 to 800) | One Click (Numbered 1 to 300)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Group Buy Start Time | Pre-order on Manta Lab website Time
Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 1.05.03 AM.png 14291641_1145723698871070_8343027744454180684_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Reactions: zesty
<Manta Lab Global #002 "Batman v Superman">

Hello everyone, we are happy to release rendering images of our upcoming Global #002 release "Batman v Superman" Full Slip and Lenticular Slip. We are into production and arranging the schedule for this release at the moment.

Full Slip will be a 2D+3D edition steelbook, Lenticular Slip will be a 2D+UE edition Steelbook and it will come with goodies like booklet and character cards. We hope everyone enjoys our design.

Thank you very much and we will post more information in near future.

Best regards,
Manta Lab

Full Slip 2D+3D
View attachment 258237

Lenticular Slip 2D+UE edition
View attachment 258238
I just dieded :dead::p
Love both designs :oohyeah::woot::thumbs: Like how they used the full picture on the full slip.

Gonna have to agree with that one :naughty:
Calm your digital hormones digital babe :p:D

So I have to buy both editions to have UE and 3d? Seriously Manta!? How about I pass both you business geniuses?
Just hope other premium retailers won't follow their steps...

So I have to buy both editions to have UE and 3d? Seriously Manta!? How about I pass both you business geniuses?

This isn't mantas doing, they get the steelbooks, manta basically adds the extras and releases them. In Asia the ultimate edition and 3d edition releases are seperate.

I for one can't wait to have both of these on my shelf.

Kinda justifies having both in a way instead of having several exact same packages with different covers

Manta will sell the majority of the copies as 1clicks. So for those guys who open their steelbooks, it's a good idea.
I just opened my German Steel and watched the film for the third time. :drool:
I don't care what's inside the premium slips. ;)

Yes for this release the decision is clear. But if other retailers continue this strategy in the future we will have a problem:greedy:

If you have no intention on buying these releases from Manta which i'm sure will be phenomenal then why are you here ragging on them?

Manta Labs don't manufacture these steelbooks or print the discs so they cannot control what steelbook holds what. HDZeta are doing a fully exclusive release so they have abit more control over that.

Most people who buy this aren't buying it for the film inside, its cause they love the collectable packaging. If you want both the 3D and the Ultimate editions in the same case then you could just go out and buy the standard 3d release which is roughly £20 everywhere.

TBH, if Warner Bros wanted it, we could've ended up with a standard theatrical 2d and 3d release now and then could have got an ultimate edition 2d/3d release down the road which is similar to what happened with the Xmen Days of Future Past Rogue Cut, then you'd be buying steelbooks for this film now and in a few months time.

At the end of the day, between Novas edition which I have incoming and these two I doubt ill be getting any further editions of this movie cause between the 3, all boxes are ticked for me in terms are art work and film versions included. I doubt retailers are going to follow Warner Bros lead with this but dont be surprised if we get an ultimate cut of Suicide Squad that this situation happens again, either way it won't be a problem for anyone who doesn't want to invest in such release like yourself and it won't be Manta labs, Kimchi, Novamedia or dare I say Hdzetas problem either as these will sell out in minutes with or without you.

If you have no intention on buying these releases from Manta which i'm sure will be phenomenal then why are you here ragging on them?

Manta Labs don't manufacture these steelbooks or print the discs so they cannot control what steelbook holds what. HDZeta are doing a fully exclusive release so they have abit more control over that.

Most people who buy this aren't buying it for the film inside, its cause they love the collectable packaging. If you want both the 3D and the Ultimate editions in the same case then you could just go out and buy the standard 3d release which is roughly £20 everywhere.

TBH, if Warner Bros wanted it, we could've ended up with a standard theatrical 2d and 3d release now and then could have got an ultimate edition 2d/3d release down the road which is similar to what happened with the Xmen Days of Future Past Rogue Cut, then you'd be buying steelbooks for this film now and in a few months time.

At the end of the day, between Novas edition which I have incoming and these two I doubt ill be getting any further editions of this movie cause between the 3, all boxes are ticked for me in terms are art work and film versions included. I doubt retailers are going to follow Warner Bros lead with this but dont be surprised if we get an ultimate cut of Suicide Squad that this situation happens again, either way it won't be a problem for anyone who doesn't want to invest in such release like yourself and it won't be Manta labs, Kimchi, Novamedia or dare I say Hdzetas problem either as these will sell out in minutes with or without you.
So you will have 3 copies of the horrid WWA steelbook and no copy of WWE steelbook just for the sake of some fancy cardboard??o_O:facepalm:

So you will have 3 copies of the horrid WWA steelbook and no copy of WWE steelbook just for the sake of some fancy cardboard??o_O:facepalm:

Have you ever bought a one click of any steelbook? The minimum amount of steels you'll get in said one click is two. Doesn't matter how fancy the steelbook artwork is you've only bought a one click for the "fancy cardboard" that's on each identical steelbook. I'm not buying these for the "horrid WWA", i'll get these because I like the art work presented by both Nova and Manta lab and I support both companies. If I weren't buying these for fancy cardboard then i'd just get the bog standard steelbook release wouldn't I?

I have the Novamedia Star Wars one click on my shelf, prime example, inferior steelbook to the Best buy but gorgeous art work on all 3...and yes, they are sealed as I have my best buy copy open.

I may still buy the HDzeta down the line, we've only seen a mock up, no release date, no idea what the lenticular will be. If it blows me away then yeah ill get it, but as of now i'd be perfectly happy with these two and the Nova release

Have you ever bought a one click of any steelbook? The minimum amount of steels you'll get in said one click is two. Doesn't matter how fancy the steelbook artwork is you've only bought a one click for the "fancy cardboard" that's on each identical steelbook. I'm not buying these for the "horrid WWA", i'll get these because I like the art work presented by both Nova and Manta lab and I support both companies. If I weren't buying these for fancy cardboard then i'd just get the bog standard steelbook release wouldn't I?

I have the Novamedia Star Wars one click on my shelf, prime example, inferior steelbook to the Best buy but gorgeous art work on all 3...and yes, they are sealed as I have my best buy copy open.

I may still buy the HDzeta down the line, we've only seen a mock up, no release date, no idea what the lenticular will be. If it blows me away then yeah ill get it, but as of now i'd be perfectly happy with these two and the Nova release
So basically you have just reiterated the point I was making

It actually makes perfect business sense. If the only difference between the packages was the slip, then collectors may only purchase their favourite of the two. If they make the content different, it makes it more likely that collectors will purchase both.

I don't even know why there is a discussion about which release you should choose. It all comes down to preference, do you like the fancy 'cardboard' or the WEA? To me I prefer WEA over the cardboard. But what use is WEA if I'm not going to open the steel anyway? Same applies for the cardboard slip, what use is the cardboard if I'm going to open the steel and just see the same WWA that I found for less than half the price at my local store. Nothing really inspiring is it. Keeping them sealed or not is a factor to consider IMO.

If I will open I will go for the WEA, regardless of the cardboard slip.
If I keep it sealed than I will go for which has the most premium 'cardboard'.

The debate I have is I prefer Mantalab's slip, but I do like HDZeta's WEA. Do I keep them sealed or not. I don't know. So the answer? Maybe I want the best of both worlds. Consider double dipping :woot: