Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Global Series No. 2) [Hong Kong]

May 25, 2013
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip (2D+3D) - Lenticular (2D+UE) - One Click
Price: $47.99 (Full Slip or Lenti) - $95.98 (One Click)
Note: Booklet, Photocard (4ea), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Booklet, Character Cards. One click edition will include a keychain (loose) as a gift.
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

Full Slip (Numbered 301 to 700) | Lenti (Numbered 301 to 800) | One Click (Numbered 1 to 300)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Group Buy Start Time | Pre-order on Manta Lab website Time
Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 1.05.03 AM.png 14291641_1145723698871070_8343027744454180684_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can find a release which has the most premium cardboard (sorry to sound blunt for the slip lovers :p) and a WEA that beats the WWA than you have finally found the definitive version, opened or sealed.

Terminator 2 Nova is an example for me of a definitive release for me. Before owning this I owned and sold pretty much all of the T2 releases (T2 1.0/2.0/Kimchi/UK releases including Zavvi's awful release and not to mention USA/CA) despite being a Terminator fan. None of the releases inspired me and did not have a preimium cardboard or a decent WEA. But we finally do! NOVA's slip and WEA is the best out there Well done NOVA. Only taken years for someone to realise this!

I'm still awaiting the definitive release for Iron Man but I know that will never come. UK versions are awful (although the Zavvi Lenti not too bad) and the Blufans/Kimchi slips were nothing inspiring and you can now find them for less than the retail price.

I don't think I'm going to see the definitive release for BvS but you can't go wrong choosing between Mantalab stunning cardboard or HDZeta's WEA release.

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
If you can find a release which has the most premium cardboard (sorry to sound blunt for the slip lovers :p) and a WEA that beats the WWA than you have finally found the definitive version, opened or sealed.

Terminator 2 Nova is an example for me of a definitive release for me. Before owning this I owned and sold pretty much all of the T2 releases (T2 1.0/2.0/Kimchi/UK releases including Zavvi's awful release and not to mention USA/CA) despite being a Terminator fan. None of the releases inspired me and did not have a preimium cardboard or a decent WEA. But we finally do! NOVA's slip and WEA is the best out there Well done NOVA. Only taken years for someone to realise this!

I'm still awaiting the definitive release for Iron Man but I know that will never come. UK versions are awful (although the Zavvi Lenti not too bad) and the Blufans/Kimchi slips were nothing inspiring and you can now find them for less than the retail price.

I don't think I'm going to see the definitive release for BvS but you can't go wrong choosing between Mantalab stunning cardboard or HDZeta's WEA release.

I feel they never quite get things right a lot of the time. Most releases aren't 10/10 but above average. I would much rather have WEA steelbook and ok cardboard slips over Funky looking cardboard slips with a WWA release steelbook. For me the most important element is the steelbook itself, opened or sealed.

I feel they never quite get things right a lot of the time. Most releases aren't 10/10 but above average. I would much rather have WEA steelbook and ok cardboard slips over Funky looking cardboard slips with a WWA release steelbook. For me the most important element is the steelbook itself, opened or sealed.
This is how I reason with it also :thumbs:

@Covcraig I wasn't here to rage Manta intensionally. I was here because there were news in this thread, and I was considering Manta as an option, since I'm not a fan of the Chinese writing on the spine from hdzeta.
After I saw this business strategy from Manta, I was just expressing my dislike and lack of understanding here. Everyone can still feel free to buy as many releases as they like. But for those who have limited means and is only looking for ONE ultimate edition, I wanted to show them that they should consider hdzeta.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
So you will have 3 copies of the horrid WWA steelbook and no copy of WWE steelbook just for the sake of some fancy cardboard??o_O:facepalm:
Don't get this argument at all. That's like me saying. You'd miss out on phenomenal lenticular's which you have to see to believe just to have some fancy ink on metal? Some people prefer nice slips rather than nice steels especially if you keep them sealed (myself included). Not to mention you tried to get the nova copy so surely you understand its not just 'fancy cardboard'?

Don't get this argument at all. That's like me saying. You'd miss out on phenomenal lenticular's which you have to see to believe just to have some fancy ink on metal? Some people prefer nice slips rather than nice steels especially if you keep them sealed (myself included). Not to mention you tried to get the nova copy so surely you understand its not just 'fancy cardboard'?

Amen brother

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
But you gave in with your Deadpool Kimchi! Just a fancy cardboard right?
Jeez, you've got a hard on for my Kimchi Deadpool!! :rofl:

If there's a premium release, I'll go for that over a bare bones release. I got that Kimchi because it may be the only premium edition of that movie that I'll get. As it is, I was dissapointed with Mantas editions so I'm passing on those and holding on to my Kimchi instead.

If Filmarena's is better I will get that and move on my Kimchi.

So, to answer your question, Yes, the Steelbook is still the most important element to me. It doesn't mean I won't buy a premium edition though. In this case the Euro version of Deadpool is much better than the U.S./CA steelbook so it's still the best version of the Steelbook to date.

That OK for you now?

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx
When I love a Title, I will buy any retailer editions that will make one worthy of being collected to my eyes. And when I love a release very much, I can also double dip :ohno:
My OCD complicit side is Strong, but I Love It :naughty:

...oh now, what did I start ??? :joy:

When I love a Title, I will buy any retailer editions that will make one worthy of being collected to my eyes. And when I love a release very much, I can also double dip :ohno:
My OCD complicit side is Strong, but I Love It :naughty:

...oh now, what did I start ??? :joy:

Then you must have a house full of metal and cardboard especially if you are a marvel/batman/superheroes/terminator fan with their unlimited number of re-releases.:thumbs:

Then you must have a house full of metal and cardboard especially if you are a marvel/batman/superheroes/terminator fan with their unlimited number of re-releases.:thumbs:

Thankfully I am not a Marvel/DC Freak :joy: I passed on Blufans Ant-Man and Kimchi CA2 :smuggrin:

But to each his own :thumbs:

Last edited:

I believe most people on this forum are marvel/dc/terminator/alien fans and yes we have houses full of metal, cardboard, and plastic :rofl:. Sometimes it's a problem but we manage :D.

Dunno what's the fuss is all about on here doh I'm down with both slips as well as Deadpool 1-click, let's do this Manta!! :cigar:

I prefer quality over quantity. I think Mantalab just does that. I guess may have to give in and order this and the HDZeta. Hard to say no to Mantalab and have an incomplete collection from them.

• Thanks
Reactions: HOBBS