Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

When i first heard the news, i thought Momoa would play Lobo.

But it would be cool if he would play Hawkman

Alsoi prefer he would play Darkseid

Last edited:
Mamoa as DOOMSDAY! :LOL:

Also, here's a small update regarding the film production. :thumbs:

Batman vs. Superman Will be Michigan's Biggest Movie Production Ever

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112520

According to the Detroit Free Press, pre-production is in full swing in Detroit for Warner Bros.' upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie where it will become the biggest movie production to set up shop in the state. Production on the film will begin early next year at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac, where it will occupy all seven sound stages on the lot in addition to several locations around the state. The site also reports that the film will conclude production in Detroit in August of next year.

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. In addition, the film will mark the big screen debut of Wonder Woman as played by Gal Gadot.

Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the Zack Snyder-directed Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015.

:movie:

Joaquin Phoenix as Lex Luther? :wtf:

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. Eyeing Joaquin Phoenix For Batman-Superman Villain

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/warners-joaquin-phoenix-batman-superman-1200969925/

Joaquin Phoenix could very soon be headed to DC Comics' big screen universe. Variety reports that Warner Bros. is very keen on casting the Her star for Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman, likely in the role of the sequel's central villain, which has long been rumored to be Lex Luthor.

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. In addition, the film will mark the big screen debut of Wonder Woman as played by Gal Gadot.

Production on Batman vs. Superman will begin early next year at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac where it will occupy all seven sound stages on the lot in addition to several locations around the state. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the Zack Snyder-directed Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015.

Maximus Decimus Meridius = Superman's Father
Emperor Commodus = Superman's Enemy

DAMN! :ohno: EEK! :thumbs:

You'll have to forgive me guys, but I'm not overly familiar with the comic books, nor familiar with the plot of this film........... So what motive have Super and Batman got, to fight each other?

You'll have to forgive me guys, but I'm not overly familiar with the comic books, nor familiar with the plot of this film........... So what motive have Super and Batman got, to fight each other?

Here is a good article that explains some of what is behind their beef with one another. I'm sure there's more to it than this, but at least this will give you an idea.

http://collider.com/superman-vs-batman-storylines/

Gal Gadot on Gearing Up for Playing Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman

IC1_1024.jpg

Cast in the iconic role of Wonder Woman for Zack Snyder's Batman vs. Superman earlier this month, actress Gal Gadot discussed the much-anticipated project on the Israeli entertainment show "Good Evening with Gai Pines." Batman-News has now posted the video, which you can check out in the player below, along with a translation from the original Hebrew.

Where were you when you heard the news that you’d been cast as Wonder Woman?

I was just on my way to shooting at LA. I landed at NY in a connection flight when my agent, Hadas Lichtenstein, called me. She says to me “Wonder Woman!” and I’m like “What??” – “The role is yours!…and it’s a secret and the news are not yet announced and you can’t tell anyone…”. I’m saying to her “Are you serious??”- and we both scream! Now it’s a plane from Israel to NY and I can’t make loud noise, and so I lean on a window, bending down to my legs, and just try to understand. Long story short – I was totally alone in NY, I got to a hotel at 12am, I needed to wake up in the morning for shootings. I remember laying in the darkness by myself, staring at the ceiling, and I was telling myself “It’s not real!”…it shouldn’t be like that, I’m supposed to be like… “where’s the champagne?”.

It’s been said that you’re too skinny for the part. Wonder Woman is large-breasted, is that going to change?

Hmm. I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go “by the book”…it’d be problematic.

So you’re not going to gain a little weight and start eating carbs before filming begins?

It’s the physical preparations that I’m starting now. A very serious training regimen – Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujitsu, Brazilian…1,000 and 1 things…I’ll gain body mass.

If you speak Hebrew and would like to see the video for yourself, link below :thumbs: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18tvsu_gal-gadot-s-first-wonder-woman-interview-batman-news-com_shortfilms

Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Production is slated to begin early next year at the Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac where it will occupy all seven sound stages on the lot in addition to several locations around the state. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the film will hit theaters on July 17, 2015.

If Christian Bale was able to add some muscle/body wieght... Gal Gadot should also be able to! :p

christian-bale-batman-begins.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
O.k after Wonder woman, another Justice league hero is considering to join the Batman vs Superman movie.

As per cinemablend:
This, according to ComicBookMovie, which cites a source as saying Holloway is being considered. Information about whom Holloway will play is "not provided" but this anonymous source, but the site then speculates that Holloway could be up for Aquaman… which is a massive leap, yet one that they feel comfortable putting out there. Because he’s sort of blonde? Does that mean he could play this guy?

Reactions: ocielz and Drum18
Warner Bros. Pictures Pushes Batman vs. Superman Back to 2016! :angry:

batman_vs_superman.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-vs-superman-delayed-to-2016/

Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that the release of Zack Snyder's untitled Superman/Batman film has been moved from a July 17, 2015 release to May 6, 2016, the same date as a yet-to-be-titled Marvel Studios film.

The Batman vs. Superman movie has been in pre-production but the trade reports that shooting has been delayed to the second quarter of the year. Though the studio’s official line is that the shift will “allow the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story.”

There were also rumors earlier today that star Ben Affleck, who’s set to star as Batman, had sustained a leg injury serious enough to delay the shoot by six weeks or more. However, the statement from Warner Bros. neither confirms nor denies this story.

The cast, as far as we know, remains in place. Henry Cavill is set to return as Supes, joined by his Man of Steel co-stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. New stars include Affleck and Gal Gadot, who’ll play Wonder Woman. Jason Momoa and Joaquin Phoenix were also recently rumored.

Here’s the press release from WB:

BURBANK, CA – January 17, 2014 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that the release of Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman film has been moved to May 6, 2016, allowing the filmmakers time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story. The decision was made following the shift of the start of production to second quarter of this year.

In making the announcement, Fellman stated, “We are happy to take advantage of these coveted summer dates, which are perfect for two of our biggest tentpole releases. We share the fans’ excitement to see DC Comics’ most popular figures, Superman and Batman, together on the big screen for the first time, which will now be arriving in theatres in May 2016.”

Kwan Vandenberg added, “We know that there is already great anticipation building for the next Super Hero film from Zack Snyder, and we are equally eager to see what he has in store for Superman and Batman as they share the big screen for the first time ever.

Zack Snyder’s Superman/Batman film stars Henry Cavill, reprising his role as Superman/Clark Kent, and Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne. The film will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

Snyder will direct the film from a screenplay written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, Batman characters created by Bob Kane, and Wonder Woman created by William Moulton Marston, published by DC Entertainment.

Reactions: ocielz and Drum18
I highly doubt that either studio will end up releasing both films to hit the theaters on the same date.

Other than that point, everything else sounds plausibly valid.

RUMOR: Batman Vs. Superman Delayed Because Of Justice League; Updates On Momoa & Luthor

From Cosmicbooknews.com

Yesterday saw the news announced regarding the new release date for Batman Vs. Superman with May 6, 2016.

I contacted my trusted source at Warner Bros. for some information.

If you recall, the source first provided Cosmic Book News the information that Batman Vs. Superman will feature the Justice League back in mid-December, which was recently confirmed by Latino Review. It is the same source that provided us with the Bryan Cranston casting and Cranston's subsequent change of mind.

I'm told the reason for the Batman Vs. Superman delay is because of the Justice League and not because of the reported injury to Ben Affleck. The injury to Affleck isn't so bad that they would have to delay the movie to 2016. The reason they are taking the extra time is - as we previously told you - the final 15-20 minutes of Batman Vs. Superman is set to have every major hero, and they are STILL in the casting process and need time for that as well.

Every casting decision is considered major as the person chosen will be that character for multiple movies/appearances.

The source also said that Jason Momoa will not be Aquaman, but is a contender for Martian Manhunter. You will note that Jason Momoa is said to still be in negotiations by The Hollywood Reporter in their own report of the Batman Vs. Superman release delay.

Regarding Aquaman, Comic Book Movie has it correct that Josh Holloway is the current favorite for the role.

We're also told casting for Lex Luthor is still up in the air.

"Batman Vs Superman" has a newly announced May 6, 2016 release starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

Reactions: ocielz
X Men: The Last Stand all over again! Too many characters and not enough screen time :( maybe if they can get their $#!* together and not try to do Their "Avengers" movie right away, it'll turn out good. They need to establish smaller characters in some movies and then go all out in the JLA movie.

+1 Ocielz...

But I am really looking forward to this, it was just too soon. I would of preferred if MoS2 was a lone Superman film, establishing Lex Luthor as the villain and introducing Batman at the end. And part 3 could of been Batman vs Superman and introduce the Justice League, that could of lead to their own "Avengers type" of movie.

I just hope its EPIC! I loved Man of Steel! :LOL:

Here's another Article/Update:

'Latest Gal Gadot Promo Image; Amy Adams & Zack Snyder Offer Support For Wonder Woman'

In no time at all will we be inundated by a plethora of Gal Gadot Wonder Woman images, but while we wait, we will have to be satisfied with magazine promos of the Israeli beauty.

The latest Gal Gadot image comes from an article in this month's issue of Total Film magazine where they report on Zack Snyder and Man of Steel actress Amy Adams voicing their support for the new Wonder Woman in Batman Vs. Superman.

Zack Snyder in a previously released statement said, "Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has the magical quality that makes her perfect for the role."

Amy Adams, who played Lois Lane, remarks it would be great for a Lois and Wonder Woman team up.

"It would be nice of women weren't always catfighting and stuff," she said.

It's also recently been learned that Gal Gadot is training with Man of Steel and Henry Cavill's trainer, Mark Twight, and that the costume designer is working on a new Wonder Woman costume.

Check out the latest image of Gal Gadot:

gal-gadot-total-film-upclose.jpg

gal-gadot-total-film2.jpg

Reactions: Drum18