UK
Release date: February 24th, 2015
Purchase link: Big Hero 6
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $24.99
Notes: Debossed title, gloss finish, region-free

16943828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there will be a lovely Asian 3D steelbook coming, but this will - especially at the price - satisfy the need to have a steelbook NOW for the USA collectors.

Same 12 copies at the store I stopped at this morning- compared to probably close to 100 of the standard release. Could become a tough find quickly if this is all any Target gets, just never know.

They had 6 in the freestanding display and another 6 on the electronics new release endcap (stuffed in the antitheft boxes) so the display may be the better option to pick from as they were loose.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
First Target I went to didn't get any :(

Second Target had them but had to be pulled from the back

Those marks aren't on the wrapping? The he'll are they? Lol seems like gloss didn't dry properly or something..

The ones I saw had that ripple effect on the wrapping not the steelbook, only affects those who like to keep a copy sealed!

Yeah, just for the OCD folks out there that don't like shrink issues...but I've already seen some spine slashes, so I'm sure we'll get a few of those as well!

Reactions: nicblue
Around 12 at my store. I got there shortly after 8 & they were still putting new releases up. They had to pull my copy from the back. First time I've asked for a steelbook & they knew exactly what I was talking about. Good luck to those who have yet to pick up a copy! Definitely $19.99!

3 copies up front of my store in coffins at 8:05. I had to hurry to work so I grabbed one of those. No time to check back by electronics. But one of those had a tear in the front of the shrinkrap I seen. The other a pretty bad spine slash but mine looks pretty good. At least I didn't have knock nobody over to get one. Lol

This is a real stunner of a steelbook looking forward to getting my grubby mits on one.

The copies in the store I visited did not have the "ripple" effect on the shrink wrap BUT lots have paint chips on the bottom edge of the back cover under the shrink wrap :( - see top copy in the pic below:

image-jpg.138738

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    915.7 KB · Views: 243
Looked at about 15 copies. Most has Knicks on the spine and a "pop". Found a few perfect copies, but I'm sure the likelihood of find perfect copies is evaporating as I type this. This will dry up by the day's end leaving only a few at remote locations I'm sure.

Happy hunting everyone, and good luck to all

Aprox 1700 Targets in the US. If each store averages 10 copies that is 17,000. I knew this was going to be a big run. I am sure over 10,000 were pre-ordered online. I am thinking a run of around 30,000-40,000 or more is probable.