Birdman (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #21) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: January 18, 2016
Purchase link: 1/4 slip - FAC half slip - FAC full slip - FAC lenticular slip
Price: 699 CZK (1/4 slip) - 599 CZK (22,71 €) (FAC half slip) - 699 CZK (25,82 €) (FAC full slip) - 699 CZK (25,82 €) (FAC lenticular slip)
Note: The finish will be matte with spot gloss + debossing, limited to numbered copies: 500 (FAC half slip) - 2000 (FAC full slip) - 1500 (FAC lenticular slip)
Group buy: carllenc FAC half slip - FAC full slip - FAC lenticular slip

SWITCHING TO DIFFERENT BIRDMAN GROUP BUYS
If you have decided to switch from the original group buy which was already opened to a different one (lenticular fullslip or halfslip) please EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST in the GB you originally signed up to say you are switching to a different GB and SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO @Collector03601 to inform him about this change.

FAC full slip + lenticular magnet:
BS_Birdman_Full_lenti_magnet_2000.jpg

FAC lenticular slip:
11911581_1180324425317443_1286974050_n.jpg

FAC half slip:
11944555_1180420238641195_588730424_n (1).jpg

bird.jpg

FA_Birdman.jpg

Last edited:
I've edited my orginal post in the GB and sent collector03601 a PM. When the GB goes live for the lenticular slip do I all add a message saying "1 to the UK" aswell? Or do I leave the post I just edited and that counts as me putting my name in the lenticular GB? Cheers

You still need to put down your name/sign up in the new group buys.

Hope not to derail this thread... But in response to @justboy...

Out of respect and as per @carllenc's GB rule, I thought it was prohibited to sell on Steels originally bought from his GB's?

To be 100% honest, I do admit that I don't fully understand the rule in it's entirety so any insight, knowledge or advice from the more experienced members here is gratefully received :)

How does it work for example if you bought from a GB, opened it/watched it and didn't really like it? Is it then good practise to sell on and re-coup some/all the money initially paid or is even this "frowned upon"?

I fully understand and completely respect the rule regarding selling solely to make profit but not certain as per my question/s above...

I have far too much respect for both @carllenc and @Collector03601 to even think of the latter (i.e. Selling for own personal gain).

Thank you Ninja's :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Karels rule is to not see his copies selling on ebay. And he also doesnt like if you you will get it and then sell it for triple the price you have paid. He understands if you will get it as a blind buy and then if you will not like it and want to sell it for the price (+shipping) you paid for it its absolutely fine. He just doesnt like someone profiting from his hard work, which is understandable imo :)

I will stay with Full Slip (it may change till friday), it will look nicely with Hunger Games: MockingJay from FA. It has the same color and design.
The only thing that is making this decision dificult is: better lenti on the slip and polaroid cards from the other edition.
However i have polarodi cards in Memento (Kimchi) and Necromantic (digipack from Arrow) -> they are cool but not esential.

So full slip it is...for now;)))

You still need to put down your name/sign up in the new group buys.

Cool, was going to anyway but thanks for clarifying.

Karels rule is to not see his copies selling on ebay. And he also doesnt like if you you will get it and then sell it for triple the price you have paid. He understands if you will get it as a blind buy and then if you will not like it and want to sell it for the price (+shipping) you paid for it its absolutely fine. He just doesnt like someone profiting from his hard work, which is understandable imo :)

Was going to say that I thought it would be ok if you sold it at the price you paid to someone who wants it (not that I'm looking to do that anyway) but would be a shame to pay that on a blind buy and hate the film unless you kept it for the package which to be honest I a have a couple of steels where im not a fan of the film but love the steelbook.

Anyway I'll Change my name over to the other GB on Friday

Thank you so much @Collector03601 for your kind input and clarifying my earlier question so well :)

I was only unsure regarding the "blind buys" aspect and you've made complete sense of it. I 100% agree with each and every word.

Thank you Martin :notworthy:

I don't like the full slip and while the lenti slip looks nice, I'm not a big enough fan of the film to buy more than one edition, and I prefer the unique design of the 1/2 slip to that :p
I can't make my mind up about the full slip! I know I'll end up signing up for the lenti and full though, which will be the first time I've bought two editions of the same film (excluding ordinary steelbooks)... I agree, the 1/2 slip is VERY unique and pretty cool, but I have to draw the line somewhere! :p

The GB went from open tomorrow>>>to open now>>>to open Friday. ...the **ck's going on here???
The Group Buy for the Full Slip with Lentiticular Magnet is already open it has been since Friday 21st August

The other 2 group buys for the
Lenticular Slipcover
Half Slip
They will be live on Friday 28th 2pm GMT (3pm BST)

Do we know how many copies are allowed for the fullslip GB ?

Because I'm post #305 so I'm a little bit worried :ohno: And if I can't have the fullslip I need to go for the lenticular...
That's not known yet

Some members will be changing their requests for the other group buys that will be live on Friday 28th
So it's not really known for sure at the moment how many have been allocated yet
When Karel posts who's on the list for the Group Buy then it will be known

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: luke98
Hmm. I wasn't going to get this, but that 1/2 slip looks nice.
To buy or not to buy? That is the question.

Same here. I really like 1/2 slip, it's really unique and limited to my taste with only 500. This is the one I'm going after. The movie itself wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, especially after all the fuss about it. Had I my expectations too high or was I in the wrong mood when I watched it, I don't know, but it didn't strike on first viewing. Might be one of those films I'll learn to appreciate later on. Anyhow, FA what a great job again. Incredible releases one after another. To me they're the most impressive company I know and admire how they have evolved in such a short period of time. I have liked and followed them since first releases, but they never stop to amaze me.

Probably gonna go for the half slip, love the concept and its executed really well. Love the colors.

Would be interested in seeing the lenti in action, but not sure how I feel about it as a whole.

Don't care much for the full slip, but still really cool! Lovely goodies for both the lenti and full slip. Wish the half slip got more stuff

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi